e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 10/31/2009 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this powder! Its one of my first E.L.F products and I'm so impressed. I just get a little on my big powder brush and buff my face. So easy to use and affordable!

Its white--but when buffed on it sinks into your skin giving it a silk feel. I use this over my concealer or foundation and its gives me a nice soft skin appearance. I gave it a 1 on price because this pot will probably last me for awhile! :)

on 10/31/2009 3:10:00 PM

I've ordered this product a month ago, but my shipment came without this and I wrote to ELF to let them know. I was incredibly relieved when they agreed to resend me this powder instead of reimbursing me. So finally I've given it a try for a couple of days now and have mostly positive things to sa about it.

Firstly, if any of you have their "complexion perfection" powder and hated it, I think you should give this HD powder a chance because it does a great job at absorbing and controlling your oils without caking.

Secondly, it gives a very smooth/velvet touch finish which you would naturally expect from a silica based powder. I haven't taken a picture or gone on film to see if this does indeed give a "soft focus" effect, but from what I can tell by looking in the mirror, my pores are less noticeable.

Now, there's one ding on this product and that is the colour. It's white and supposedly translucent; however, you have to be VERY careful because it's not completely translucent. My strong suggestion is to use it with a delicate hand and MINIMAL product because if you use too much, your face will look like you've buffed white baby powder on. A good trick is to dab a bit of the product with a big fluffy powder brush and pat it on to your oily t-zone. Then remove the leftover product from the brush or use a clean brush and buff your face out. Seriously, a teeny bit of this product can cover your entire face and then some.

Now this brings me to my third positive note, that it's economical in every way. Not only is it incredibly inexpensive ($6 on the website), you only need to use a teensy weensy bit of product every application so this jar will last.

All in all, great product and would recommend to people who have oily t-zone.

on 10/29/2009 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

For background I've used both MAC's Prep+Prime Transparent Finish Powder and pure silica spheres from TKB Trading. Can't afford the MUFE HD Powder, so I can't compare it to that,. The ELF powder is silky and completely transparent once buffed into the skin. LIke the MAC powder it controls oil wonderfully, lasts all day through school and work and my face hasn't had any adverse reactions.

I would give the ELF powder a slight edge over the MAC and TKB trading silica powder because of the packaging. Using any of these can be EXTREMELY messy, but the ELF powder comes with a little puff that covers the sifter holes completely so powder doesn't spill over the side when I'm rushing to apply it.

Also when this was first shown on ELF's website, it was $3.00 now its $6.00 and who knows they may raise the price again. If anyone wants an ELF coupon code, you can use wwybfifty for 50% off the studio line, up to $15.00

on 10/26/2009 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! It is super fine therefore it just sinks into my skin and it actually does look flawless and it feels super soft..yes it is white but like I said it just sinks into your skin....this is an amazing product for the price and the container is BIG!...is great to set your makeup!

on 10/23/2009 12:16:00 PM

I was excited to try this product, as I just cannot afford the MUFE HD powder. Let me start off by saying that I have a very oily T-zone, and this powder controls my oil ALL DAY! I don't have to use blotter sheets throughout the day when I use this. I do my makeup @ 5 am, and when I wash my face around 7pm, still no shine, amazing! This will definately be a staple in my collection! A MUST HAVE!!!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was so excited when I saw this on the website! It looks like a knockoff of MUFE's HD Microfinish powder (which I haven't used so I can't compare). When I got it in the mail I was surprised how big the jar is. I couldn't find a product amount anywhere but there looks to be a good amount of powder in the container. When I first felt it with my finger I was really amazed, it feels SUPER smooth, like silk. I did a light application on my face with a kabuki brush and it totally mattified my skin and gave it a very smooth finish. It also went on totally clear, even though the powder is WHITE. One of the best E.L.F. products I've tried, I have a feeling I'll be using this often. Will definitely buy again! A tip for anyone using this though, use some tape to cover up part of the holes in the sifter. There's a LOT and you can end up with wayyyy too much powder in the lid and in the sifter and alot of waste.

EDIT: I've been using this for a few months now and I still think this is an amazing product, however I use this in a different way than I did when I first got it. This is more of a finishing powder than a setting powder. It works great for oil control but not for keeping foundation in place. So now I use my regular loose powder to set my foundation and then use a fluffy brush (ELF's Studio Complexion Brush) to dust this over areas where I get oily and it still keeps the shine away all day. continued >>