Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought a bottle of this last night after wearing a spritz for just a few minutes, not long enough to realize this was smelling on me very similar to Ana Sui, one of my least favorite fragrances. I think it's the raspberries that I don't like. Also, I sprayed it on about 3 hours ago and can't smell it at all. The packaging, however, esp. the bottle, is extremely attractive. It's pretty pricey, too. I think I was hoping for something bombastic, really different, spectacular, special, like last year's spring "hit", "For Her" by Narciso Rodriguez, which remains my hands-down favorite for winter wear. If you're in New York, you should stop by and take a look at the 5th Ave. window display - spectacular! You'll want to buy the fragrance just from looking at those windows!EDIT: When I'm wrong about something, I admit it. I wish I'd not written my original review because this is now one of my very favorite fragrances! As a matter of fact, the true test of a scent for me is re-purchase and I've since bought the body lotion and now the large size bottle simply because I don't want to risk running out of it! There is no "raspberry" taint to it, as I first thought, and it truly is long-lasting. Another reviewer likened it to Mauboussin and I mostly agree. I will wear this in fall and winter for the depth & complexity it offers, but also, paradoxically, in spring and summer when something lighter but more exotic than "White Tea", "La Chasse au Papillon", or "Light Blue" is called for.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am soo not a fan of floral scents, so with a name like Flowerbomb, I prepared myself for the headache that one spritz was sure to unleash. Instead, I got a nice surprise. Flowerbomb is soft, kind of powdery, and somewhat sweet on me. Sexy in an understated way.

on 3/16/2005 11:10:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I hate floral scents. I. Hate. Them. I gravitate toward icky-sweet vanilla-like fragrances, always have. With that being said, I ordered this perfume unsniffed. I loved the bottle (beautiful facet cut, with a cute little floral label attached with wire to the top) and a "review" in Lucky mag piqued my interest. I truly expected to be disappointed and immediately list it for swap, but instead I found my holy grail. This is a beautiful scent. Not too rosy, not too candy-violet, not too iris, not too-any-particular-floral. Rather, it truly is a "flowerbomb." It is everything thrown together and yet somehow it really, really works. It has an underlying sweetness that makes it great for the girls who think floral=grandmother, yet there is also a slight spiciness that makes it ultra sophisticated. $95 for the smaller size at Saks, this is worth every penny.

Popular Fragrances