Palladio Rice Powder

Palladio Rice Powder
Rice PowderRice Powder

on 4/20/2013 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have nc 42 skin and use this in warm beige as a setting powder. It looks translucent on me and mattifies my skin without looking chalky. This product doesn't oxidize with sunscreen, and looks natural as it wears off. It lasts about 2 hours on its own in Florida's climate. I wish there was a better seal on it so I could put it in my purse for touch ups.

on 4/19/2013 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Translucent and it works great. The only con is the packaging-it sucks. I would like to see this powder as a pressed powder compact, it would be easier to work with. I will repurchase anyway, but not for a while, since there is a lot of powder in the little box! I especially like it to set my under eye concealer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This powder keeps my combination skin completely matte for a full work day. It doesn't irritate my skin, and is so affordable! I've used the same box of powder daily for over a year (with some spills), and I have over half left. only wish that the container sealed more tightly or that it came in a pressed powder compact.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I was looking for a good setting and mattifying powder and Makeupgeek recommended this one because it was cheap and did the job. I bought this from Sally Beauty Supply for $4.50 which is a really good price compared to other brand name setting powders. I purchased the translucent powder and my first impression of the packaging is that it was cute, the little design and picture of the geisha was appealing to me. The only thing I didn't like about the packaging, and the product in general is that it is SO MESSY. I wish they would change it because it is super inconvenient especially if you want to travel.

To limit the mess I just shake a little bit of the formula into the lid and swirl my brush around and apply it to my face. It does not go on cakey, it smells really nice like baby powder almost. I am not a really oily faced person but it does keep my face in check especially when it is super hot outside. My friend also tried this and she has a greasy face and it really helped with her oiliness. It sets makeup beautifully and makes your face so soft and is good to blur out too much blush or bronzer. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good mattifying powder without spending all the money on just a brand name.

on 3/11/2013 9:05:00 AM

Description
This original ancient Chinese loose powder is perfect for absorbing excess oils, highlighting your features, and setting your makeup.

Directions
Simply brush on all over face for natural look with brush or puff.

PROS
-sheer
-makes my skin look smooth
-light-weight
-maintains my combination/oily skin for about 5-6 hours (I get oily on cheeks, forehead, nose)
-good setting powder
-does not clog my pores
-no break outs or irritation from it
-cheap and worth trying

CONS
-comes off a bit white and ghostly looking (maybe just don't apply as much)
-description says you can use it as a highlighter which explains the white ghost look
-not an effective highlighter
-not a "natural looking" color
-not translucent
-packaging is messy (it's like using a powder puff with mineral foundation)
-lid does not stay on tight
-not good for portable use in purses or bags
-has a scent to it (not extremely strong, you won't be smelling it throughout your day)

OVERALL
It's worth trying for the price. The description makes it seem multi-purposeful but really the only thing I like it for is setting. and have fun with the mess!

on 4/4/2013 4:12:00 PM

I have used this powder for about 2 years now to set my everyday foundation or BB cream (I use Estee Lauder DW or Rimmel BB Cream) This product is great if you are looking for a setting powder that will leave you with a matte finish. Touching up depends on your skin type..but before adding more powder I use oil blotting paper to absorb oil and then lightly dust the rice powder over my face with a large kabuki brush. I have this in Natural in both block and loose versions. If you are on the lookout for a good setting powder try this one :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

BEST LOOSE POWER FOR OILY SKIN and SHINY T-ZONE. I have tried many many brands of loose powder on the market but nothing can control my oily skin like this! This is really amazing. Initially i was really skeptical when i read all the reviews here on how awesome this was, but i thought what's there to lose? its only a few dollars anyways. I've spent 10-20 times more on high end loose powders that were absolutely useless. Now this powder keeps my skin shine free for many more hours, and it doesn't make me look cakey or settle into the fine lines at the end of the day. All other loose powder does make me look cakey after my skin gets oily. And other loose powders sometimes makes my skin color look uneven and chalky. But this really makes my skin look evenly matte and gives a lovely matte texture. If you have dry skin, skip this as it does cling on to dry spots. Other than that, try this! Its only a few bucks!

Amazing! I apply it in the morning over foundation and it sets my face for the whole day. Touch up is minimal, usually on the chin and forehead area where I get really shiny. The packaging seems flimsier than the average loose powder brand. But for the price and the staying power, this is top drawer bar none.

I've been using this since the late 80's early 90's.. It's seriously the best loose powder in the market and it's cheap to boot. It sucks up oil like nobody's business. sets my foundation like a dream. I've tried many different powders but I always seem to come back to this

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best oily skin setting powder ever!!!! I read somewhere online that using mineral products for a base can hold back the oil better than anything else on the market. This was after I almost tried using Milk of Magnesia and found out how bad the pH is for skin. I was annoyed and wanted to find an alternative and that is when I found out about Palladio's Rice Powder (and also the use of Hourglass Veil Mineral primer). The minerals apparently absorb the oil and help keep it at bay.

Let me give you some perspective. I use oil free moisturizer, foundation, and powder. But 1.5 hours after I put my makeup on, I already have to use a blotting paper. Three hours later, I have to use 2 of the large Sephora papers to blot my skin and then again every 2 hours, it is that bad.

With this rice powder (and the Hourglass primer), I am not shiny till about 4-5 hours later, and even then I only have to use 1-2 blotting papers and then I usually don't have to use them again unless I'm going out at night and want to get rid of a slight shine that develops. This stuff is absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G for people with oily skin.

I do wish there was some sort of a clasp or closing mechanism to keep the lid on. But to me, this rice powder is worth it. When I travel I will probably put some cotton in side and then put a rubber band around it. This won't keep me from not buying it though at all. It's only $2.99 for goodness sakes!