Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.7

on 12/20/2006 2:13:00 PM

I bought this along with foundation and concealer when my morale was low (and so I am easily persuaded to purchase). The SA told me that it would minimize my fine lines and make my skin look flawless. Well that was it - an immediate purchase! Once at home I found that the odd cooling sensation was annoying and pointless as it stops cooling your skin within 5 seconds of applying the powder. So what is the point in that? Seems to me to be just a gimmick. The powder does not behave like an ordinary loose powder, it does not set makeup nor control shine. If anything, this powder is just a highlighing powder marketed as an essential step in your makeup routine. It did minimize the look of my fine lines, but made my face very shimmery pink. A very pretty look in moderation, but not used all over my face. I read a review below that said that Magic powder was a 'finishing' powder. I was not told that by the SA, as I possibly wouldn't have bought it. For the price, this product is not worth it. For the amount that I will use to highlight in future, this product will last a lifetime. Overall, this will not be repurchased as it does not do the job that I expected from a loose powder.

on 12/1/2006 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I adore this product. However it is pricey at $50. Also not a fan of the brush. This stuff is magic. I love the cooling effect, but the real miracle is how is diffuses the look of my mild acne scars and any lines on my skin. This stuff makes my skin look radiant and airbrushed. I use this on top of my regular Clinique powder and foundation. Brush it on my forehead, cheeks, bridge of my nose and viola.

I used this over the summer at the beach. I was embarrassed about my discolored skin and scars. I couldn't go out without makeup. I just don't have the complexion all the other 24 year old girls do. I used my sunblock, a little tinted 'sport foundation' dotted as concealer, magic powder and lip gloss. My boyfriend kept telling me how beautiful my skin is.

on 11/11/2006 6:30:00 PM

I really like this product. As other reviewers have mentioned you have to apply carefully. It seems to make my pores and fine lines less noticable (and almost nothing does this for me). I like the way it feels too. I'm not so positive about the packaging nor the price, but it won't stop me from purchasing again.

on 11/24/2006 12:15:00 AM

I love this stuff just because it feels so amazing, like a cool mist of water. Doesn't really do anything for my skin combination. However, my younger sister who has dry skin loves it.

My frd gave me a small sample to try and it is very shiny.

I use the lancome fdtn brush to dab some on after my SM cream fdtn. The loose power doesn't offer the way traditional loose powder to set your MU. It enhance pores as they are very shiny/luminous and obvious to the naked eye. By mid day my t-zone is oily.

Lucky I didn't have to fork out US$75 for this.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't see why this product is getting such bad reviews. I bought this in the red neutralizer because my t-zone tends to stay a little red. This really made my skin tone look more even and the red goes unnoticed. The first time I put it on it made my pale face look yellow so I have to be careful and not use too much. I shake a little powder out on the lid, dab my brush in it, and tap it to get the excess powder off (plus this stuff is too expensive to waste) and it looks great. I will buy this again, but I do wish it were cheaper. This is the most I have ever spent on make-up.

on 8/27/2006 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Out of all the many powders I have tried, this is my least favorite. I got sucked in by the sales pitch. The initial cooling sensation when it is applied was unique, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it. The color isn't great at all. It just doesn't look natural on me at all. The powder doesn't wear well at all either. And as many reviewers have written, the brush is worse than useless. And that initial cooling sensation that Prescriptives uses to market the powder goes away once the powder gets a little old. And I don't just mean once it's applied, but it quits having that effect at all once the powder isn't new. I guess the water/moisture in it dries out once the packaging is open. I kept trying to give it chances thinking maybe it would grow on me or work better if I tried it different ways (with a better brush, with a puff, etc.), but it simply does not wear well. It's just not a good powder. I've used powders from the highest end to the lowest end, and I prefer all my low end powders (as well as my high end ones) over this. This product is all hype and no substance IMHO.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This really is magic!! A loose powder that feels kind of wet going on. When I expressed curiosity at the counter she told me that "mostly young girls buy it." Oh my. What does she know? I am here to tell you that my no powder has ever done for my 53 year old complexion what this does. Really blurs the fine lines, (and the not so fine) gives a nice natural glow and does not look all dried out later. Everything else including the natural mineral makeup was disappointing for me. ( IMO mineral makeup is for "younger" skin.) Anyway, I will never use another kind of powder again. Magic Powder is beautiful alone or lightly dusted over regular foundation. Maybe not for everyone, but I for one am a hopin' and a prayin' they keep this product. Edit: The "wetness" dries up in the jar as you open and use it. Got too dry before I got anywhere near finishing it. Then it goes on drier looking like other powders. Rating stands as long as it's new.

I am updating my previous review on Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder. I did not like it at all before. I desided to try it again after having a mini makeover at a prescriptives counter and she used this in the translusent on me. It felt very refreshing and looked good. Before I had purchased the red correcting liquid powder and it looked very yellow. Plus it did not help that I used a brush that really applied a think layer on my face and it looked streaked and just awful. But this time she used there bronzing brush and it applied just the right amount of the powder on my face. A few days later I went back and bought this powder in translusent with a bronzing brush. So far I am loving it! I hope that it does not break me out it is oil-free and says that it does not clog pores, so we will see. If it breaks me out I will update. I want to add that I like the wet/cool feel when it is applied and it does not sit on fine lines or pores or leave a "powder" look on the face. Very nice finish.

okay i got the full size (it was a little more than halfway full) as a free sample cause the girl was out of the trial size... so i cant complain too much if i dont like it..... at the counter, when the girl put it on it felt wonderful, cool refreshing.... and i assume its oil free (the girl wasnt sure, but its powder, and it has water so...meh) when i tried to apply it at home it felt like crap! blothcy and it felt like i got squirted with water, then pouffed with powder. im assuming its because of my cheap walmart powder brush (that feels like needles) for those of you who claim it gives you a yellowish tone, the sales girl i talked to said its good for evening out,and cooling reddened, irritated skin, like mine. if you absolutely LOVE this product, and feel like swapping with me (i have a feeling im going to hate this in a week or two) feel free to contact me to see if im sick of it yet ;)***UPDATE*** yeah i hate it. it might be because i dont know how to apply it correctly or whatever, but its up for swapping. and remember if you dont like it you CAN return it as long as you have the receipt, and the box. the sales girl told me 30 days before store credit only.