Cover Girl TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

Cover Girl TruBlend Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

2.5

on 11/18/2007 12:11:00 AM

None of these colors seemed to match my skin color at all. It's pretty sad when even the lightest of colors can make you look darker and orange colored. The puff inside is garbage. What I disliked the most was I had to slowly and carefully pry the top off so that no powder flew out and landed on the floor. When I mastered that, with application the powder would just fall onto my chest area. Gosh, I don't want to apply makeup to them! I found this product to be very drying, and I put a good amount of moisturizer on every application because of my natural dry skin. Another big peeve was that I'm not prone to pimples at all. I usually get a couple a month if that, but this clogged so many pores and I broke out badly. I'll stick with my Physicians Formula mineral wear thanks!

on 9/9/2007 10:15:00 AM

I see a lot of negative reviews for this product but I really like it. Like other users I have used BE in the past. I had a tub of the BE warmth but I always found it too dark for my fair complexion. I found a solution with this powder. I popped open the top of the BE warmth and added some of the CG Translucent Fair. I created my HG bronzer! Its a little lighter and has a little shimmer now. I also like the powder on its own, it adds a little color and shimmer. Its nice if you wear a matte foundation like I do.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is horrible! Made my skin SUPER oily and it turned dark and orange within an hour. It wasn't expensive but I can't see how this powder is useful? I bought this hoping that it would absorb oil and a little shimmer & glow to my complexion but it did not. I would not repurchase this product again!

on 8/18/2007 7:36:00 PM

Well I really was looking forward to trying this.I have a good tan so I got the medium shade,big mistake.It is way to dark and a bit orange.
Also the shimmer looks good at first but after just a little while it makes my skin look awful.Will not buy again.

LOVE this powder! It does not appear powdery AT ALL and it doesn't look or feel dry on your face. It does have a slight shimmer to it, but I like it, it doesn't seem too unatural. This powder also does a pretty good job of keeping me less oily (which is difficult, because I'm usually an oil slick!).

The ONLY thing I would change about this product is the color selection... the very lightest shade is too dark for me :( However, because I love this powder SO much, I decided to just use a lighter foundation shade, and then set with the powder. This usually balances out the tone. The lightest shade looks perfect on me when I have a slight tan :D

on 7/26/2007 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is terrible stuff.... the quality itself is not so bad, but the color range is way off... I am a natural and this was ten times darker on me... and its very orangy.... just looks like cheap bronzer..

I purchased this as a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals (love the stuff, but it's pricey!) I would recommend buying a shade LIGHTER than what you think you wear because the color is slightly darker that what you would expect. The powder does have a shimmery look to it (which I actually love--I think it's perfect for summer!) I rarely use the puff that comes with the product and opt for a loose powder brush instead. The coverage is fair.. I don't think this product covers redness and uneven skin tone as well as Bare Minerals. As I said before, this product does have a noticable shimmer... so it would make a great bronzer or shimmering powder (excellent for adding a little sparkle to your shoulders and chest!)

on 7/2/2007 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm an nc 35-40 and was looking for a light-coloured powder to set my concealer and highlight the eye area, so I decided in the translucent light, bad choice. I could live with the shimmer because it's light if the colour were right. However this powder is just too dark and heavy even for me. I'd recommend it to light-complexioned ladies who are looking to add a tanned glow to their faces. I did also find it pricy for a covergirl product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Not a terrible powder, just not a great one. The shades are deceivingly dark; I bought Translucent Fair and it looks more like a bronzer. The packaging is kind of chintzy, a plain plastic jar with a plastic sifter. Not the best at absorbing oil; there seems to be some shimmer or iridescence to the powder that just makes me look shiny. I will use this up, especially seeing as summer is here and some color to my face looks good, but I would highly recommend Coty Airspun Fragrance-Free as a better drugstore alternative, and a better value.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a basic daytime setting powder so I bought this in Transluscent medium. I thought this was too shimmery for a natural daytime look so I use it for evenings. ( I didn't read the packaging carefully and will now avoid anything with the word "Luminous".) It adds a tan color to my face like a medium bronzer so I probably should have bought the Transluscent Light instead of this. I hate that it gets all over my light colored clothing so I have to stick to black and brown colors if I want to use this. Not crazy about it myself but it is a good quality powder for $8 if you are looking for a shimmery glowy look.