Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

Urban Decay Urban Ammo Eye Palette

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/22/2011 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this palette a couple of years ago and i love it the colours are ewally good pigmented but i would stay use with a light hand. buy it you will not be dissapointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this palette. It wasn't my first UD palette, it's actually my second, but it's my favorite UD palette so far. I love how all the colors can go together or contrast each other when mixed and matched. I also liked that the palette had a lot of variety. It had naturals, brights and darks. Some of the shadows were very sparkly, but I found if you use a light hand and build on the color, the sparkles didn't glom onto your eyelids as much. The packaging was really beautiful, but the velvet designs wore off of mine. I'm not sure if it wore off easily for everyone or if it was from me carelessly tossing the palette into my purse. I didn't much care for the eyeshadow primer that came with it, only because I don't like tinted primer. The few times I used it, however, it worked well. I just prefer UD's original primer formula. I find that I don't really need a primer with UD's eyeshadows, as they last me the whole day on their own. Overall, I love this palette, I love all the shadows, and out of the 3 UD palettes I own, I use this one the most.

Overall, I really like this palette. There are a good variety of colors, making it possible to do many different looks as opposed to just a couple. My biggest (and only) complaint about this palette is the glitter. No matter what, I wind up with glitter all over my face and the only way to get rid of it is with wet wipes, which can't be very good for your skin.

on 8/5/2011 1:12:00 PM

I am a huge UD fan and collect their palettes. I wanted to love this but I don't. First there is the glitter fallout, which is relentless no matter how you handle the shadows. Then there is the fact that no matter how gorgeous the pigment is in the pan, it doesn't translate to your skin. Polyester Bride and Oil slick are useless because of the fallout. Grifter was a huge disappointment and I have green eyes. It's so chalky with huge chunks of glitter. Sin and Smog are awesome but they are both available in the NAKED palette which is by far a better deal. The packaging for the Ammo palette is adorable and the size and magnetic closure are great for travel but the contents and the price are disappointing. There are much better, more versatile kits available especially at this price point.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Ammo. Great palette. I didn't originally buy it when I saw it (I'd been looking for the Wallpaper palette and this was what was available) because I didn't like that it had a gun on it...but I got over that (oh, it's fine), because my brother gave it to me as a gift! Good brother.

It's a great palette, and I've been using it most every time I apply eyeshadow (say, 3 out of 5 times). Super-portable, and light, and a good mirror.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I gave this palette an overall rating of 4, because overall, I have been impressed. It is expensive, and working with a wide range of cosmetic brands, I know I could find similar shades at cheaper prices. Having said that, I expect to pay for good quality products- if it wasn't, I'd have took it back. And I think there is a good selection of quality eye shadows in the palette
You could use these colours every day, and mix it up, or stick to pairing up the duo shadows.
Sin and Chopper- wearable everyday.
Grifter and Last Call- green eyes.
Oil Slick- I use wet as an eyeliner- it's the only way I'd use that shade.
Polyester Bride- did not have the white impactive pigment I was expecting, so I just use that as a highlighter.
And I tend to blend Maui Wowie with Mildew, these shadows blend amazingly- they don't go patchy on the eye. In fact I love blending Mildew with most colours in this palette- and the naked palette.
I find I have to build up Shattered on my lid to get more pigment from it.
I said Yes, I would buy this product again but it is lasting me forever- so yes it was expensive but it lasts. Pretty packaging makes a cute gift- the mirror inside is big enough to see all of your eye area too, not just a cm2 of eye lid!!! <3

on 8/4/2011 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first real makeup palette. I loved it, but I hate the glitter in some of these. I played and learned with this palette and now am in love with Urban Decay deluxe shadows. This was a good palette to start with, but it was frustrating to have to deal with the crazy glitter fallout. Overall I'm glad I got this but would recommend one of the other palettes at Sephora to try and learn with.

Love this palette. I was in a purple state of mind upon buying it and have indeed gotten a bit of mileage out of Last Call (which looks great foiled or used as liner), but I've gotten even more use out of Sin and Smog, which blend really nicely and create a great shimmery day eye on me. Maybe not so great for ladies who work in a conservative/office environment, but I really enjoy it. The fallout isn't really as bad as it's cracked up to be, to be honest - occasionally I'll get a little shimmer on my cheekbones, but it's not like I end up looking like David Bowie or anything. The only shade I don't use too often is Shattered, but I'm not a fan of blue shadows in general (they just seem so 80s to me!). It's nice as far as blue shadows GO, but still, I'm not generally drawn to it. All in all, though, it's a solid collection of shadows and I've been pleased with the purchase.

Ever since I got this little beauty, I have been using it non-stop! I feel bad for neglecting my MAC Palette- but these colors are just gorgeous! This is my very first Urban Decay Palette- and I can see why people like these eyeshadows so much. I purchased the UD Ammo and Foreshadow Palettes from AllCosmeticsWholesale.com in a bundle price- I paid nearly $60 less then what I would pay at Sephora (even with shipping to Canada) ...so I was pretty thrilled that I got a sweet deal :) Anywho, when I first saw this, I was a little surprised at how tiny the Palette and eyeshadows are- but honestly, you need so little product, and you get amazing pigmentation and quality. One downside to the palette is the glitter fall-out with some of the shadows- I personally don't mind because I do my eye makeup first, and any glitter gets removed. I can see though how it would bother people who do thier eyeshadow after foundation. All in all, I'm in love with this! and I cannot wait to try more Urban Decay Eyeshadows.

i really spent some time thinking of what pallet from UD i was going to get for my first HE pallet. im really glad i when and got this, it came with a full size primer also. the colors are great, great shimmer witch i looove im not a matte girl at all. i believe i paid around 40 dollars for this, it will last a long time as it does comes with 10 colors. i keep it in my makeup bag in my purse so i do see the colors chip or flake just a tiny bit. i think ill just keep it in my bathroom to make sure it stays safe. great color payoff. but u can find some great wet n wild pallets that r just as good for a fraction of the cost.