Everyday Minerals Intensive Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have sensitive, reactive skin. I have used this foundation for the past few years. I have had no problems with it. It gives good coverage. I picked it because of the ewg rating on it being safe. I have been happy with it.

on 3/26/2010 10:42:00 AM

This formula gives a slightly chalky and flat finish compared to the others. It also gets shiny on me after a couple of hours. I find that the matte gives just as good coverage.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this in the winged butter shade which is nice for my Asian skintone. The application for this mineral foundation was tricky for me, I had to make sure my skin was well moisturized. When I first applied it looked like nothing was on my skin, but it takes a moment for it to sink in or start looking natural. Instead of caking on a lot of layers I used the Intensive concealer. This photographed beautifully in bright sunlight, it looked flawless. A few negatives are that it's chalky , and can feel slightly itchy on the skin. Long lasting, matte and if applied correctly beautiful coverage.

This foundation looks great on my skin but after a couple days of using it my face started breaking out really bad. This foundation also dried out my skin. I have tried the other formulas in EDM but they also gave me breakouts.

on 3/12/2010 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: Turns out my face reaction was from the benzaclin and retin-a doing it's thing by burning and itching and giving me the worst initial break out of my life NOT everyday minerals.. my face has cleared up substantially since I wrote the negative review (retin-a tends to make your skin disgusting before getting better, finally getting better!! =D)

I love everyday minerals now .. I don't use intensive because I prefer the matte formulation.. but I am sure intensive is great as other reviewers have remarked..

I love the price of this foundation .. you get so much , top quality for such a low price and the brushes are the best out there for just 10 dollars.. I LOVE that each time I purchase an order, I simply enter in a promo code and always score a free full sized goodie, from eye shadows to liners, to bronzers .. I also love that they are so confident with the product that free samples are given .. the samples last way more than 3 to 5 uses and can be mixed so that you can away with using these as a back up god forbid you run out of your full sized everyday minerals..

==========================

I am itching like crazy right now: my face was clearing up since starting my benzaclin/retin-A routine. I ditched bare minerals because I thought the Bismuthe ingredient was irritating my skin and read great reviews about everyday minerals. I tried the sample kit, and bought intensive and matte three days later... Everything was fine. The coverage kind of looked cakey and made me insanely oily (even though I am suffering with DRY skin from the acne treatments), but I figured over time I would learn to perfect application. I was so excited about everyday minerals that I bought brushes, and 3 foundations: 2 in intensive and 1 in matter. Now I feel like an utter fool because my face is in severe pain.. covered in cysts on my chin, jaw line, fore head, and cheeks. I look disgusting and feel itchy and horrible. I want to cry, but it would hurt my skin to MOVE. I don't know if this is the result of using monistat as a primer twice .. or if I am allergic to the mineral make up, perhaps I don't wash my brushes enough (but hear that washing too much causes bristle damage) or maybe I am buffing the product in too much and clogging my pores? I DON"T KNOW ALL I KNOW IS THAT I AM SUFFERING ITCHY AND IN PAIN. MY SKIN HURTS!! Liquid foundation never did this to me, whyyyyy did I decide to try minerals?!?! Should I return the products and get my money back .. should I wait and see if it was the monistat primer? ahhh !!

on 3/7/2010 3:00:00 PM

When i first started using this product , I only had old acne scars that were healing on the right side of my face. I wanted to use this product to cover up my old scars. At first it seemed to work well but after a couple of weeks i started breaking out in spots that i have never broken out in, like my forehead and left side of my face. I thought it was the new moisturizer i was using so i continued on using the EM. I would notice a new zit every week. The more I broke out the more i tried to cover. The concealer didn't even cover that well for me. Then finally I realized it was probably the everyday minerals that was causing my breakouts. I stopped using it and used adovia acne cleaning products to clear it up. Now my weekly acne break outs have improved. My acne problem is slowly but surely healing. I wont be using any mineral makeup again. Right now im using physicians formula but the coverage could be alot better.

on 2/28/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

At first I really like this foundation, it gave me great coverage and made my face nice and matte. However, after a closer examination it tends to turn orange by the end of the day and even though I put it on my neck there is a very distinct line of colour change between my face and neck. As if only the powder on my face is turning orange. I also have the faintest of lines around my eyes, but by the end of the night this foundation seems to settle in and make my eyes look really crepey which is not there when I take it off.

I was really excited to get the jars with the sifters on my last order, but they just don't seem to work well. I go to school out of the country and have to fly here and back twice a year so had to tape all my minerals shut for the journey. I thought the new sifters would eliminate that problem but I still had powder everywhere.

The price is also misleading, unless you are buying 11 other full sized items to get the discount the foundation price per gram is one of the more expensive ones out there. I am switching to a Canadian company that will hopefully offer better foundation at a better price, so no, I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is great for me! I have dry/normal skin, and this does not dry my skin (I MUST remember to moisturize first!). This formula is supposed to be good for all skin types. It is also matte which I prefer, and also therefore I do not use original glo (too shiny).
With a little foundation at a time, you can build up the coverage you want. I just like to "even out" my skin, not hide it - look like I have been "photoshopped" in real life :D

(I have tried the new foundation with Lauroyl Lysine in it. And I cannot see or feel any difference)

(I like this much better than Tikei's mineral foundation which itches and my skin looks more wrinklier than it really is.)

on 2/26/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

AMAZING!

Ladies, you HAVE to try this. It is the most natural and most beautiful makeup around.

Did you know that up to 60% of what you put on your skin is absorbed into your bloodstream? Switch to natural, you don't want all those nasty chemicals on you and inside of you! Those chemicals just end up harming your skin and you have to wear even more makeup to cover it up. EDM is so light and natural you can't help but feel good about wearing it.

It provides just the right amount of coverage, it evens out skin tone without making you look like you're wearing a mask. It's very reasonably priced, you can get samples of anything for $2.50 before you buy the full sized item and you get $5 free of samples with every order. You owe it to yourself to try this!

on 3/5/2010 8:00:00 PM

First of all I'd like to say that this stuff makes BE foundations look like cheap cheap crap!! This is what I thought BE was supossed to be when I bought the starter kit and wasted $60. I wish someone had told me that what I was looking for was just a few clicks away for a fraction of the price sooner ($12 full size, $2.50 sample size). I have this in Fair and it is a good match for cool toned fair skin like mine. This gives great coverage for a mineral foundation (medium buildable) and is semi-matte with no glitter, shimmer, or sparkle (yay!!). I also got the flat top brush from everyday minerals and I'm wondering how I ever lived without it before! Only $10 and it's one of the softest brushes I own. Gives a beautiful application and can be used to buff or stipple on liquid foundation too. Overall really love this as an everyday foundation. One lippie off for only being available via the internet and I wish it had a locking sifter to avoid messes. Everyday Minerals gets extra points though for selling samples (still working on mine after 3 weeks wearing 3 or 4 times a week) and giving out free sample kits with any purchase!