Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat

Essie Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top Coat
Good to Go Rapid Dry + Shine Top CoatEssie Good To Go Top Coat - 7-day manicure

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725/Violet 2 F.I.L. D44603/2

on 7/26/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful item that dries polish quick but gives a very professional looking finish. It makes my polish job look better than it actually is. It is also a very durable finish. I like that it is easy to find at Target or drug stores. If traveling it is easy to find anywhere. This is HG for me.

My first fast-drying top coat, love it simply for enabling me to finally wear coloured nail polishes - I have absolutely no patience to wait until my nails have dried properly so would always mess up any manicure I got and ended up wearing only clear polish. Now I can finally frollick around with colour like all the other gals ;) Gotta say though that I found this made my nails brittle over time, so after about ten days of use I had to cut them very short. And that happened despite using Essie Nourish Me base coat underneath. Also I just got a bottle of Seche Vite to compare and it really seems to dry faster than Essie, cannot really say whether it damages my nails yet. In any case, I will continue using both brands - possibly with some days in between uses to allow my nails to recover.

on 3/28/2013 2:26:00 PM

It gives a great shine but not so great on the chipping. I use this one on my toes.

on 6/9/2013 1:08:00 PM

I have been wearing the following for five days with no chips, no tip wear, through all the mindless housework activities involving soap and water and pot scrubbing: base coat of Zoya Anchor, 2 coats Essie Maximillian Strasse Her and Good to Go top coat. Amazing. I do prep my nails pretty thoroughly before applying any polish and I think that helps a lot. Filing tips, light buffing for a smooth surface and a pre-soak in Essie Apricot cuticle oil. After about 10 minutes, I wipe the nails clean with Zoya remover and proceed with polish. I've never had a manicure last this long. This is by far the best top coat I've ever used, including the sacred Seche Vite.

This is one of my favourite quick drying top coats as it dries really fast, it doesn't cause bubbles or shrink the polish and also it doens't get goopy too easily. The only downside is that it is quite expensive here in Europe.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have a love/hate relationship with this top coat. It does dry very quickly to a very very glossy finish. It doesn't do a lot about the chipping, but ok, I can survive that, as I never keep a nail polish for more than 5 days anyway.
However, it has one big downside: it's the 4th time I wear it and it's already almost turn to glue! Actually, it was only good the first time I applied it. Now it's thick and difficult to apply, looks really bad close to the cuticles and creates many tiny little bubbles on almost all my nails.
I would only buy it again because I haven't found anything better, but it really doesn't mean that this product is something very good.

EDIT: I had to edit this review because it seems that my first bottle was actually a bad one. After having thrown it away without having used 3/5 of it, I decided to buy a new one. I have no idea why I did that, but this second bottle is turning out to be way better. I've used it quite many times already and it's still almost as good as new. There's absolutely no issue with bubbles anymore either.
The only reason why I'm not giving it 5 lippies is that it doesn't do much to keep my nailpolish from chipping.

on 3/16/2013 6:27:00 PM

It does dry fast, but did nothing to prevent chipping. Think I'll save it for pedicures.

on 2/28/2013 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this product!! it's my holy gail!!! dry fast and very nice shinny finish, whatever color i color on after i top coat with this it always look amazing.

Pros
extra shine
dries really fast
doesn't get goopy
doesn't shrinkage

Cons
Price, in europe 12e

on 2/25/2013 9:55:00 AM

Essie's Good to Go fast drying top does exactly what it's marketed to do. It dries quickly and leaves a super shiny finish that made my husband swear my nails are still wet. I haven't experienced the "peeling off in sheets" effect.
How I apply it: I use my basecoat, my nail polish choice (2-3 coats), then one thick coat of Good to Go, wait 5-10 minutes, apply cuticle oil/balm/butter/lotion, another 5-ish minutes and I have a fabulous manicure guaranteed on my dominant hand for 4-5 days, probably longer on my non-dominant hand.
I'm a stay a stay-at-home mom with a 6 month old baby, I wash dishes, cook dinner and breakfast 5-7 times a week. I am not easy on my hands, and this is the top coat I will swear by.