Maybelline Expert Eyes Eye Shadow

2.7

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i bought the color Crme de Cocoa. althouh i will say this is much better than maybelline's color delights mouse eyeshadow, it still isnt very good. this coffe brown eye shadow turn into a gross looking purple color after about half an hour. at least it was only $4. god i dont recommend, theres much better eyeshadows! i wont throw this away, but i defienetly wont use it very often.

I have never tried Maybelline Eyeshadows until yesterday and i gotta say it was crap. I got the color Citylights (silver w/ faint glitter) and put it on the other day. Well nothing showed up on my eyelids and i'm fair. I dont know how the other colors are and if they would do the same or not. There are better drugstore eyeshadows out there like Milani or Jane. Stay away from this stuff unless you've found a color that actually shows up.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Good thing I bought this on clearance from Target! I got Almondine (pearl) - a light cream color. After a few uses, it turned chunky and hard. In addition to the fact that it faded just 20 min after applying, I decided that it wasn't worth it. However, today I somewhat salvaged it by using a small knifeblade to scrape the product and turn it into loose powder. Then I applied it with a wet applicator. Success!! It lasted about 3 hours before beginning to fade. Hence, SOMEWHAT salvaged. However, I won't buy again because Jane's Eye Zing in White Lies is a much better consistency and lasts a lot longer. Oh well. It was worth a try!

Worst eyeshadow ever. I've tried four of them and had to throw away three. Yes, they were cheap, but these shadows simply don't work at all. I first got Nightsky which is charcoal black, it worked well as a powder liner. Then I got Watercolors, which appeared to have a light pink, light blue and light green. They all turned out to be white. No pigmentation whatsoever. Just gritty white glitter on my lids. Sunset Neutrals had 8 colors in it. They were either chalky, muddy or lacked pigmentation. The last one I tried was a brown color (can't remember the name). Too muddy for lids. I tried to use it on my brow, but it had a red undertone, so didn't work.

Overall, poor quality eyeshadow. I will use up Night Sky as a liner, but won't repurchase due to its hard texture.

MaxFactor Eyeshadows are just as cheap, but the quality is so much better. Those who were disappointed in Maybelline should give MF a try.

I use Creme de Cocoa. I will cry, cry, cry if it is ever discontinued! LOL Last summer I had to go to several stores to find it so I bought 3. Revlon discontinued a color I loved a couple of years ago-never found a sub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used Crme de Cocoa. It is a good, matte cocoa brown; I really like the color. It doesnt look too muddy on my skin, but it creases very easily (I have oily skin). I will not be buying it again for that reason.

Ahh, I remember trying a few of these eyeshadows back in the day. The colours were pretty but the shadows themselves were always hard, chalky, and nearly impossible to get onto the skin. For drugstore eyeshadow, I always used to stick with L'Oreal and Revlon, although some other lines I've tried lately have also impressed - Jane, NYX, Annabelle, and even Wet 'n' Wild, believe it or not!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have the Expert Eyes Trio "best in glow". They two yellows are pretty. They give you a little shimmer and look natural. The tan color is basically the same color as my eyelid, so I don't use it much. They stay on for about 4 hours with out creasing. However, I probably won't buy these again. I might try another shade is I find them on sale.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well. Generally I shy away from any eye shadow besides Revlon's, but my mom bought this for me in a quad (Violet something or other, I don't remember the exact name.) It was beautiful! A few weeks later I bought a set of eight called "Sunbaked Neutrals," and when two of the colors were layered together, the effect was wonderful. It stayed on all day and didn't crease (a miricle with my wretched oily complexion) and was simply...perfect! I even have one in black ("Night Sky," I think it's called,) and it glides on smoothly and gives me the effect I want! Also great as an eyeliner when you want that smokey, smudged look. And the packaging wasn't even that bad! Much more sturdier that CoverGirl. Maybelline seems to be a "better" version of CG...they have a big selection of shades, like CG, but unlike CG, they aren't real shitty (excuse my French ^__^)
Will Repurchase, Definatly! Will be nestled besides my beloved Revlons! ^__^

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've gotten 2 palettes of Maybelline's Expert Eyes shadow before--my first one was Seashore Treasures (or something like that), and right now I'm currently using Crown Jewels. I don't even know why I keep on buying these...I mean, the colors and texture of Maybelline's eyeshadows are great, and they blend beautifully, but they just don't last on for more than 30 minutes! They have HORRIBLE consistency, but maybe if they lasted on longer I would keep on buying these. But this would be the last one for me