Cat Cosmetics Six Kitten Palette

4.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this palette...it has everything. Blush, 1 lip, two glosses, 4 shadows/liner and a bronzer. It's very warm and beautiful and convenient. I was able to get this for a great deal from another MUAer since I wasn't sure if it would work for me, but will definately repurchase once it's used up....which I know will take a while since the pans are a pretty good size.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

DO NOT JUDGE A KIT BY ITS COLORS. I was not impressed when I received my kit. In fact, I nearly sent it back: the eye colors look terribly boring (a brown/black duo and a soft taupe shimmer/deep beige duo) while, inexplicably, the lip colors looked neon. I thought, you've got to be kidding.

Every last PRODUCT in this kit is top quality and the most flattering of everything I own. The Six Kitten is the first full palette I've bought in many years. This makes such a beautiful overall face. We'll start with the eyes. The Eartha Cat eyeshadow duo is so perfect for day: the very slightly shimmery pale taupe/champagne color and the dark peachy beige tan duo complement daytime eyes better than any product I have ever used. In fact, I just purchased the solo duo to save my kit from overuse.
The other shadow duo, Catastrophic, is a slightly darker brown and a black. Both of these can be used to define or shade the eyes. The black is a high quality smooth powder, and I use my TM #11 brush to use this as a liner.
On to the lips. The Roar is a browned down deep rose, and is quite wearable alone or mixed with one or both of the other lip colors. The Cat and Mouse Duo, look like a neon pink and bright gold in the box but are utterly beautiful on alone, mixed with each other or over lipstick. The Cat Cosmetics site claims these glosses brighten the face and I swear they actually do! When I was back in Denver last week my sisters swore I'd had "work done" LOL! It's amazing. The lip glosses are highly pigmented and very long lasting, unless you eat or drink.

The bronzer is absolutely perfect on my fair olive/neutral complexion: not too matte and not too shimmery and not too orange. The color is a dusky, peachy brown. If this appears orange on you, use a softer brush. The bright pink Whiskers blush put me off in the palette, but WOW! This really made my green eyes pop.

No buyer's remorse here as alwyas seems to be the case when I spend a lot on an untried product. This is not only an I *would* repurchase, this is a "yes I *WILL* REPURCHASE THE MINUTE I APPEAR TO BE RUNNING OUT OF THIS STUFF."
I've already bought two more kits for a couple of family members who deserve an extra nice gift this year. My best investment of 2002!UPDATE: A few months ago, I wore the Cat/Mouse Lip Duo -- that dismayed so many reviewers here -- out to dinner. Mind you it was a sports bar/wings place so it was very casual, but the waitress would not stop raving about my "lipstick" and how perfect it was, etc. She would not leave me alone until I wrote down the name of it. I thought maybe she was trolling for tips, but next time I saw her she had ordered it for herself and loves it, too. Mix these glosses together and use a teeny bit for a beautiful flattering peach glow.

Good heavens, I LOVE THIS! The case looks like brushed metal, with the cutest Cat Cosmetics logo and word right in the middle with a huge mirror on the inside. And boy, do I love the CATNIP BRONZER! It goes on the most beautiful brown that isn't ultra-matte, yet isn't shimmery. I'm a real bronzer fanatic and this is just lovely. The LIPGLOSSES are great - a very smooth texture with a faint pleasant scent. I prefer the red lipgloss, it goes on just right. I can't decide if I like the pink lipgloss, it gives a futuristic look because it goes on almost silvery on my lips. I can't say much about the gold lipgloss though, I'm only into red/pinks so I can't see myself using it. The WHISKERS blush is pretty, a light pink with a hint of shimmer. Very natural and flattering. While the eyeshadows aren't my style - they're muted bland colours IMHO and I prefer funky colours - the texture is really nice. The champagne coloured one is really nice though. And as for the BRUSH, it's just nice for applying a wash of e/s. Too bad it didn't come with a powder brush & lipbrush :P

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this palette very much especially the lipgloss. All three colour are highly pigmented & wearable. Blush, eye shadow, eye liner, lippie all in bronze palette with lovely Cat's logo. I'm happy with this and thinking about my refill already. The company should have more colour refill for the palette.

Update: I'm bored with the neutral colour & going back to my KP trios again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

What can I say? It is a nice palette but nothing to write home about. Basic, basic, basic. I recomend seeing this in person before you buy. Neat case, boring colors. I sent mine back.

This kit has become a staple in my makeup wardrobe. The products have good staying power and the colors work well together. They make me look very natural and polished. My favorite eye color is the light shimmery one in the Eartha Cat duo. The blush is a nice neutral pink. I am fair and the bronzer works for me. I like using the lighter glosses to jazz up my lipsticks. The darker gloss is also nice.

WOW!! THESE COLORS ARE GREAT..THE CAT&MOUSE GLOSSES LOOK BRIGHT IN THE BALETTE BUT GO ON LOOKING GREAT! I HAVENT PUT THIS PALETTE DOWN SENCE GETTING IT!GREAT QUALITY MAKEUP TOO..KIT INCLUDES...2 BLUSHES (1 CAN BE USED AS A BRONZER) 3 LIPGLOSSES AND 2 E/S DUOS AND A BRUSH..

OK, I have a whole large train case full of all types of makeup and palettes.. but with Cat's Six Kitten Palette, I can acturally make up my whole face with just this palette! The glosses in here are gorgeous, bronzer is natural never orangy(i dont like bronzer at all, but this is excellent!), eye shadows which can also be used a liners.. with this handy little kit, you can create a everyday look, a evening look or a more glamourous look, the possibilities are endless!
I really can't RAVE enough about it!

Beautiful palette, just about everything I need, high in pigment, very portable...nothin' but raves!