Maybelline New York Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Wet Shine Diamonds [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

on 11/28/2003 5:38:00 PM

The ad for this product is very misleading; my lips looked nothing like the girls in the ads! Maybe for about a second, but then the lipstick dries and your left with nothing, just a gritty film on your lips and maybe just a hint of color. Wouldn't purchase again!

Gorgeous shades. I adore the way this looks on me but unfortunately it dries out my sensitve lips and most of the times the glitter ends up all over my face. No thanks, I won't buy it again.

on 11/14/2003 3:05:00 PM

I don't like this. It really dries out my lips, and it doesnt last long at all. It's not horrible, but I would not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Lovely color selection, but feels awkward and requires frequent reapplication. Pity, because my girly side really loved the sparklies.

on 11/10/2003 2:47:00 PM

I usually hate wearing lipstick because it feels like putting thick paste on my lips. I have always preferred lipglosses because they spread better. This is the one lipstick that I love to wear all the time! Its not thick and cakey like many lipsticks. It spreads like a lipgloss and has subtle but noticeable color with shimmer in it. Great for all events

I have 4 different shades of these,and 3 out of 4 of them I love(one shade just doesn't look quite right on me).The shimmer is beautiful and they have a glossy look to them.I love wearing a thick clear gloss over them for an uber-wet shine,yum!

on 10/11/2003 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lipstick is pretty good. I love the the shades and the shimmer. It goes on very well and has plenty of shine to it. It can be somewhat dry, so I usually put on lip balm first, otherwise it's great.

on 9/20/2003 11:39:00 AM

Fabulous! VERY COLLECTIBLE at $4.99 each! :)
I love this product. These might even beat out Juicy Tubes/Color Juice. They aren't as slimy, VERY good for summer months where you don't want a super heavy mouth of gloss! I love the "diamonds" aspect, and those granules are a great exfoliator as well! BONUS! Seriously, I will have flaky lips due to sun or weather, and wear this stuff, and mash my lips around, and they feel soft and supple! Great for times when you can't get to the exfoliator! (like at work/school!)

I give this stuff 5 lippies because the colors are just fabulous-bright, cheery, glam or understated-they are all here!
TRY THIS PRODUCT! IT IS GREAT!

I have this in Mauvey Rock. I love it. The "diamonds" are subtle and pretty. The color is perfect for me. The only problem is that it is not "wet" looking at all. It's not even shiny. But I don't mind it because it looks good anyway. It IS a little grainy but I personally don't mind that at all. I hate really slick, waxy feeling lipsticks. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I use Pink Carats. I love the shimmer glitter effect and playfully girly color. I do however, hate the fact it's not long lasting and it has a slightly grainy texture. It's very cheap and I love the cute pink packaging - I feel oh so girly with it.