Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.3

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 8/18/2016 8:00:00 PM

This product is way too over hyped. I just can't seem to get why are people so in love with it. Did nothing to my acne except made it worse. Seriously, it made my already existing zits and pimples irritated and much bigger the next day after its use. It did not do anything to my blackheads either. Way too drying and harsh.My skin became so flaky after i used it, literally i had dry patches everywhere on my cheeks. It's so hard to get off, and very messy to prepare too. Won't recommend it to anyone, especially people with acne prone skin.

on 8/17/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My oily peri menopausal skin was driving me nuts then I discovered this angel in a pot. I can honestly say my skin has never looked better (sans the wrinkles of course.) To get the true benefits it must be mixed with ACV. It dries down to a rock solid consistency on the face giving a "pulsing" sensation as it does - this is normal. I leave in on for 30 mins (can't take any more than that) then simply rinse it off. Top tip - dampen the mask with water before trying to remove otherwise it can smart! I have spent ££££££ on face masks etc & this is by far the best, and the cheapest. Highly recommend this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great product and makes loads of face masks for the fraction of the price of a store bought mask. The small tub lasts me about a year and I make face masks about twice a week (max.)

This mask helps to detoxify and clear my skin although I wish it could peel off but can't change what nature made lol

My recipe for a facial mask is
1 tsp clay (draws out toxins and increases blood circulation which helps bring nutrients to the skin)

1 tsp turmeric (to reduce inflammation and redness, too much can leave yellow tinge on skin but will easily come off with a facial wash, best done at night just in case)

3 capsules of charcoal or 1 tsp of charcoal (draws out impurities)

1/4 tsp camu camu powder (highest source of vitamin c in the world) or pinch of vitamin c powder (this helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate skin and increase collagen production)

1 tsp apple cider vinegar (removes dead skin cells and counteracts the alkaline pH of the clay), I often leave this out as the camu camu or vitamin c are acidic and so also balance the alkaline pH of the clay

(1/4 tsp oil, I use coconut oil because this mask can dry your skin out, but any oil or moisturiser you skin likes will work)

1 - 2 tsp water, its better to have a liquid consistency than too thick because a thick mask wont spread over the skin as well and a liquid consistency can get into the pores better and consequently get more out of your pores. If you try a liquid consistency you can see after it has all dried completely there are tiny dark circles on the surface of the mask where your pores are (there are pictures of this on google images as I can't explain it well). Basically these circles are where the clay has absorbed the impurities and excess oil in your pores, and my point is when you use a thick mask you can't see these circles so you won't know if its done. It doesn't mean a thick mask won't draw out impurities but at least with a thin mask you can see when its done.

Make sure the tea spoons aren't heaped and don't use metal utensils (bowl, spoon etc) because the clay can interfere with the metal and reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Your face make look red after using this because the clay increases blood circulation in the face, it will return to normal in about 20 minutes, its better to do this at night rather than wasting time by waiting for your face to return to normal in the morning. This mask is best followed up with a nourishing serum, oil or moisturiser as the clay can dry out skin temporarily.

This mask helps to clear my skin, exfoliate and make my skin look glowy, absolutely love it , you can also use the clay on your hair and there are many recipes out there.

on 7/12/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought into the hype and got this. I was excited for it because people were saying it gets rid of black heads. This mask did nothing for me. I've tried it with water and ACV and I still don't get the results I want. Plus it's such a pain to get off. If it actually worked for me I'd look past that, but it doesn't.

on 8/4/2016 1:27:00 PM

indin

This is an amazing face mask! will help clean pores and minimize any outbreaks! I mix mine with organic apple cider vinegar for an extra boost! it leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh! this is an intense face mask, pul

on 6/26/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

So I have been using this around two years now. I love it it's great and does exactly what it says on the tin. Completely clean skin although i find it does dry the skin quite a bit and is a little harsh so now I'm having a break from it for a while and will probably order again soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As someone with congested, sensitive skin, this clay mask has been a wonderful occasional revival treatment for me. I don't get a lot of breakouts, but my cheeks and chin are prone to small clogged pores while the sebaceous filaments on my nose sometimes feel rough and appear raised. I feel so lucky that local health stores carry something dirt-cheap and reliably effective!

I have been using this product whenever my skin needs some serious cleansing(about once a month, sometimes longer) and it has worked wonders. I don't know if my skin could handle using it more often than every week or so, but when I do get the chance to slather this on, I'm always excited for the smooth, glowing skin the mask leaves behind. It is a beautiful thing.

In case anyone is looking to use this for the first time, a helpful tip is to use a warm, very wet paper towel or washcloth and press it against your face to loosen the hardened clay before attempting to rinse clean. It isn't easy to just splash this stuff away once you've let it firm up for fifteen to twenty minutes and any harsh scrubbing might just end up doing more harm than good.

I highly recommend using apple cider vinegar to neutralize the pH and avoiding plain water. In my experience, the clay powder just mixes unevenly and doesn't have the same toning, texture-refining qualities. If you want to get the most out of this little gem, you'll have to find a non-metal utensil due to metal causing this clay to lose the negative charge that makes it so powerful. It actually sucks the positive-charged toxins from your complexion, leaving you feeling thoroughly detoxified.

I'll repurchase this whenever I run out, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon with the hefty tub six bucks can get you!

I was in the search for masks that will be able to reduce my pimples and acne and now its over. At first, I felt hesitant purchasing this mask because of its packaging and the big amount of this product I thought would go to waste. I purchased it anyways. I arrived home and immediately tried this after removing my makeup. I used a tablespoon and a half and I wasted much product that I did not realized a little goes a very long way. I mixed it with milk and it ended up a bit clumpy. I steamed my face, applied and wait until I feel the "pulsating" effect, much feels like the skin is compressing. I find it so relaxing that I actually left it for 25 minutes. My forehead really hurts when I pull my head upwards, which means the mask is so dry like a cement. It took almost forever to wash the mask off. I pat my face dry and first thing I noticed is my nose. It looks so polished and less blackheads are visible and those white gunk surfaced on my nose, scrubbed it of to get rid of it. My temples and forehead, jaw are really red but faded after a few minutes. My face felt really velvety and soft, appeared glowing but dry at the same time so it is recommended to apply moisturizer afterwards or even a face sheet mask. The next day, I noticed a few small pimples, like a whitehead appeared on my forehead, nose and chin and I am sure my skin is just purging. Later in the night, I applied the mask focusing on those areas where it purged, this time with ACV and water. I recommend to fill ACV first before water. I noticed that ACV completely made the clay in a paste form, not clumpy at all. When it starts to dry, I felt a burning sensation while it is pulsating, and I think the ACV caused it. I washed it off and here goes soft skin. Purging more and more, I continued to use this the same way I did the second time every 2-3 days interval. After just 4 days, I got rid of those pimples caused by purging 100% and the pimples I actually have by 70% especially on my cheeks. I also got rid of the small bumps on my chin and the forehead. Now I have like 5 pimples left on my forehead and I tried to make my face rest from the Aztec Healing Clay for a week or two since I don't have much problems on my face now and another reason is that this dries out my face, I will just use this for foot soak and knee mask. So far I do not need to purchase deep cleansing products and by the way, this makes also a good nose and chin pack. What I only need to purchase are moisturizing masks and some serum. I love this stuff, saved me lots of money. Just worried that this clay expires in 2 years, 2016 - 2018 that I might still have alot of this product left. Now I will stick to this mask FOREVER. Definitely worth the messy preparation haha. Repurchasing this every YEAR or two.
(ps: I have combination skin, very very dry on the cheek and eye area and slightly oily in the t-zone)

on 7/12/2016 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Must buy. I have sensitive skin. I usually tend to break out if i use masks that aren't homemade natural ones (love them) or sanctuary's masks... apart from those... nothing suits.

This is a hidden gem of a product. It is pure bentonite clay... a natural product. It comes in a big plastic tub in powder form.

My skin feels smoother, pores feel/look smaller, face doesn't get oily anymore, and old acne marks have faded.

This product had to be used in non-metal containers/non metal spoons etc too. I use a brush to apply evenly. The product has to be mixed in equal measures with apple cider vinegar (recommended) or water. When mixed with just water it can remain lumpy and when mixed with acv it is smooth. I have sensitive skin and noticed after using once that it left my skin a little dry so i add a few extras to my mask mix. I add a few drops of either almond or coconut oil, i also add a spoon of natural yogurt and i always use acv.
I apply a thick layer of the mask and leave it on for a min of 20 min - 45 mins. I use it once or twice a week in the evening.
Once applied the mask will begin to feel tight on your face, then you have to try and get past the 'itchy' stage which can last 5 mins lol! Get passed this and you'll then start to feel your face pulsate lol! When it starts to dry it can crack but again this is normal. Also the pulsating sensation feels strange but it's worth it for the results.
Washing off can be tough but i've finally found a way to wash it off without blocking drains or ruining washcloths etc!! I basically peel off the cracked mask from my nose area (this removed blackheads too.. i know.. great right! I also use on just my nose sometimes) and then i splash and ensure my face is throughly wet/the mask is wet and soft again. I then begin to use a cotton wool pad that i keep washing to wet an area whilst wiping away. This washes the mask away cleanly, without big bits blocking drains and without my skin being sore from rubbing it off.
The mask can leave face red for a few minutes after but that's natural as it's been busy pulling dirt from the pores. Once face has been washed etc I moisurise with aloe vera gel all over.

This mask can also be used for blackheads as mentioned above. It can also be used in a bath to remove toxins and leave skin soft (mixes fine.. no lumps). It can also be used on hair.. takes far too long to wash out though. If i feel i have a spot coming.. i use this on just the spot at night and by morning it goes. As i said... I add oil to the powder and apple cider vinegar as i don't want my face to dry out etc... sure it'll be fine to use without oil.

Also a heads up.. Bear in mind i'm talking from my experience from using the product... the first time i used this i broke out in a few bumps, this is due to the fact the mask pulls out the dirt from your pores etc. After this i have been fine. Also as i've said above... if i feel like i'm going to break out and feel a bump i dab/apply the mask on to the spot(s) for about 20 mins then wash off and by morning the spot thankfully doesn't appear and if the spot does appear then this helps it.

Price.. It can be bought for a good price on amazon. A tub lasts a very long time. Packaging is ok.. basic and explains the mask's instructions etc.