L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 9/10/2006 9:00:00 AM

I think the reason we are all getting this with a "free coupon" is because the colors available so far? ...well, they suck, and L'Oreal knows it and they are "giving it away". The lightest shade available was WAAAY too dark on me. But, I got a coupon in the mail for a free bottle, went to the drugstore, looked at the choices available and tried to pick out the lightest one. Still way too dark. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be marketed to pale people like me, I don't know... At least I got it free.

on 8/28/2006 10:52:00 AM

I'm Asian NC 25-35 so I thought the yellow based Nude would be perfect for me. The coverage went on medium and was pretty blendable. The color was a bit off on my skin - too dark and went on so yellow that it had a green tint to it. Very weird. It also made my t-zone shiny (I have oily skin).

Um..I'm confused. Why is the "lightest" shade a color that would usually be a "dark" shade in any other brand? I'm shocked. And I don't like the glass bottle, either.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a hard time picking out a shade that would suit my skin color, but I settled with Honey (NC40). I was pretty excited to get home and try it out, and it's so thick! I had to shake the bottle really well to get it come out and when it did, it really poured! I don't like foundations with just a cap because you tend to get too much product, I prefer a pump. In any case, I used a skunk brush to apply it and it still looked really thick on my skin and made my skin look ashy even though the shade I had picked had yellow tones. It looked really heavy on my skin and made my skin look ashy, so I decided to wash it off. Ugh. It was even difficult to wash off because it was so thick on my skin, despite the skunk brush application. I might give this one last try but so far, I'm extremely dissapointed.

on 8/20/2006 12:46:00 PM

First off, general coloring compliant: These definately aren't for PPP's. The lightest one is too dark on me (and I'm not super pale, either!)

As for the actual product, it's liquid, goes on your face evenly and I'd say it has medium coverage. It's in a glass jar sort of thing that you need to use fingers or a foundation brush to dip in it. It broke me out and stung my face. Would not buy again if you paid me.

I love this stuff. It has a great texture (liquidy but not at all 'thick' like most drugstore concealers) and great coverage! Also, it's not too obvious that I'm wearing it. I will definitely purchase again and again.

on 7/2/2006 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I first got this foundation and started using it, I was so happy! I finally found a foundation that blended so well into my olive skin. I have a yellow undertone, so the foundation worked great! But having acne prone skin, before using this foundation my skin was flawless, but overtime, I noticed the foundation clogging my pores, and causing whiteheads and blackheads to arupt, and my skin started to break out like crazy! I was in denial, and thought maybe it was something else I was using, cause I love the color of this foundation and how it blended so well into my skin, but I stopped using it, and as soon as I did, my skin started to clear up, but my pores were so clogged I had to go back and use acne medicine, but eventually I cleared up my skin.

I would not recommend this to oily skin types and acne prone skin. Be careful using this foundation, it has a greasy feel to it, and if you have oily skin, you will be bloating your face through out the day.

i cannot believe how much i love this foundation! believe me, i'm the girl who's tried any and every foundation out there, and this one just blew me away. my friend works for l'oreal in new york and told me about this foundation knowing that i have complained how ashy foundations look on my golden yellow asian skin. so i went to my nearest drug store and bought the lightest shade - NUDE 800, put it on my face under natural sunlight by the window and it completely matched the skintone of the rest of my body. since the formulation is color intensive, i don't need to apply much at all! i also love it how it dries off as if your skin doesn't have anything on - not the "lotion-y" sheen that some other foundations might leave (such as nars / giorgio armani / bobbi brown). it's officially my perfect foundation (i tossed my formerly "perfect" dior foundation). this foundation has a buildable coverage, perfect shade, semi matte finish. what more can i ask for? i seriously look like i have flawless skin! and i can't believe that it's $10 per bottle!!!

on 7/2/2006 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have NEVER found a drug store foundation that matched my skin, until now. I am an NC42 and the color Cafe matches me absolutely perfect. I mean it is amazingly dead on. Even Stila 60 watts wasn't as close as the HIP foundation is. The coverage is medium and buildable. Not too matte (I hate the matte look, so fakey), very good staying power. I am very happy with it and I may even make this my HG liquid foundation. I've only used it for a couple days so far. And I'm always trying new foundations. But this HIP foundation is definitely a contender for HG status. Great color selection for us darker women.

on 7/31/2006 9:32:00 PM

I have to say, I was first tuned to this product cuz it was free after rebate at my walgreens, LOL. anyway, i came on here and saw the reviews and decided, hey why not. lets try it out. when i went to the store, i LOVED the shades they had. im south indian, and the foundations with yellow undertones are always hard to find. but i found my perfect shade 812Cappucino. It goes on great, blends well, quite sheer, but gives coverage.
the only problem i might have with this product is how it doesnt go on matte on my skin.. it could be because its thousands of degrees outside. lol. buy it, its good stuff.