Darphin Purifying Balm

Darphin Purifying Balm

4.1

Corylus Americana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Beeswax, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol

on 4/6/2006 10:39:00 AM

This waxy balm makes my skin very smooth and supple, but I haven't seen any positive effects after using it for about 6 weeks. It hasn't clogged my pores, but it hasn't cleared them up either. I really do like the way my skin feels in the morning after I've put it on before going to bed, and I'll probably repurchase only because I trust the brand, but don't expect to see results right away... maybe it's more under the surface type of treatment.

on 3/19/2006 5:46:00 PM

I use this for a couple days once a month to ward off potential hormonal breakouts. As others have posted, it's texture is very waxy. However it does not clog pores, quite the opposite in fact. My skin feels very soft and clear when I use this.

A must have in any skincare addict's arsenal. A bit scary when it goes on (quite rich), but amazingly, it is absorbed by morning and your skin is left radiant and smooth... never oily or greasy, which is very important to me, since I have combination/oily skin. All in all, worth every penny!

on 1/3/2006 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Perfect product!!When i wake up the next day my skin is brighter!It is also suitable for sensitive skins!

on 12/18/2005 4:10:00 PM

I am very ambivalent about this product, which I have used for nearly two years. I bought it a couple years ago, didn't see the miracle I was supposed to see, so didn't bother to re-buy. I have since received about 3 samples - enough for many months. I think that I was originally not using the product correctly (annoying, because it costs a fortune). Now I use it weekly over my aromatic jasmine oil at night - and I might use it for 2-3 nights in a row if I feel my skin looks "off". It takes at least 2 consecutive nights for me to see a difference (read: brigher, more uniform skin). However, I have good skin - thanks to several years of Darphin's other products. Perhaps more troubled complexions will appreciate it more. My advice: Do not purchase without getting a decent sample first or unless you buy from a place that will let you return a product after several weeks of trying it out - Darphin is far too expensive. I still don't know if I'll repurchase once my samples are finished.

on 11/15/2005 4:55:00 AM

I'm relatively new to Darphin, but started with the Intral line. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try the Purifying Balm (couldn't get a sample of this!).
I was instructed to scoop some out and warm it up with fingers prior to rubbing it onto my face (various spots that need this). After using this for about a month and a half now, I've learned these things:
a) it works very well on the underground cysts or red itchy bumps I get. It either makes them come out quicker with less painful or visual results, or makes them gone by the next morning (if the spots are smaller).
b) it doesn't seem to make my regular zits budge too much unfortunately :-(
c) it seems to heal my existing huge cystic pimples better than any neosporin or polysporin can...
d) only use it 1-2x a week or your skin will dry up too much (as told by the SA)... I also try to spot-treat and not do it all over my face.
All these features and I love the fragrance of it. Wish the Intral Balm smelled this good.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

They say it is suppose to purge your skin, in otherwards get worse before it gets better. Used for a month it after getting facial from Darphin, and my skin was getting worse after each use. How long does it take for your skin to purge? Used a product by avene and my face cleared up. My girlfriend swears by this, but she never gets zits in the first place.

on 11/9/2005 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This doesn't clear up my acne, but doesn't break out my VERY acne-proned skin, either. It does give it a nice glow (if left overnight, esp on top of BP or SA) and **softens up clogged pores** so they pop out easily! I was very skeptical but reading all the reviews made me give the balm another try - and I was SO pleasantly surprised! I don't really understand how it manages to do so either, but heck, I'm a happy customer for that alone! (you can prevent a LOT of breakouts by catching them in the clogged pore phase and squeezing them out!) If you're planning to use this balm for the clogged pores, I would use it well before bed so you have time to do your sqeezing. Would gladly buy this again for that reason alone.

on 10/13/2005 6:20:00 PM

Not really sure how i feel about this product. I bought a sample size on ebay for $8. a great way to try it btw. I put it on at night, i don't feel ultra beautiful the next day, or even the next week. so not sure what i'm looking for. then someone recommended i use it before extractions, b/c it made it super easy. i tried that, it didn't seem to help. so then a few months later i decided to try it after a peel mask, i just did that, it really worked to make extractions super easy. instead of coming out firm, they squeezed out much more soft, hard to describe, but the balm seemed to soften the subum inside my pores, and they did come out more easily. i'll keep it for sure. if i ran out, not sure i'd rebuy though.

I have to agree that this product delivers. I got a generous sample some months ago and finally tried it on some stubborn cystic acne. I put it on before bed and overnight the big painful bumps were almost gone. After that I blew threw the sample using it constantly on my congested skin, although I would've been more conservative had I checked the price! After about one week of use I noticed a definite improvement in overall tone of my skin. Congested areas started to become unclogged too. The only slight drawback was some dryness, but that gave me an excuse to use a little bit of my outrageously expensive La Mer, which I save for dry patches or acne-picking emergencies. But that's another review! I've spent too much money on disappointing products, but would recommend investing in this one.