Jane Megabites Glossy Gloss

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a decent lipgloss for the price, but only because it's so cheap. They're not particularly wonderful, they're too strongly flavored and scented, and have no staying power, but they're pretty and cheap. I do however adore the limited edition one, flirt. The color is denser and not as greasy as the others, and the cotton candy flavor sealed the deal for me :)

on 6/19/2002 12:15:00 AM

Not the worst lip product I have used, but not the best either. I bought this in Ballerina which looks like a coral/pink with tons of glitter in it. On the lips it's the nicest hint of pink with lots of glitter. I did find that the glitter was very gritty but it didn't bother me. The gloss is thick, but it has to be reapplied every hour. Smells and tastes yummy.

on 5/17/2002 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought one at Rite Aid, I think it was called Deceptive. It is supposed to have a pinapple scent, but I found it to be so disgusting that it went straight in to the trash.

on 5/13/2002 10:59:00 PM

These are quite sheer, but give enough shine. The flavor (like candy) wasn't my personal favorite, but for $3.00 a lipgloss, I'll get more. They're not exactly long-lasting, but I don't mind reapplying throughout the day.

This is just an ok product. The price is great like all of Jane cosmetics. I bought "ballerina" (Im a ballet dancer...) The color looked beautiful in the tube!!! Now, I had an idea it might not be so great because I read these reviews before buying- but it was just SO tempting cause it looks soooo peeerttyy in the tube! It just doesnt show up like that! The glitter is very gritty too. But I DO like the taste!! (Maybe Im weird!) It reminds me of that liquid bubblegum stuff I used to eat when I was little... I cant remember what that stuff was called!

on 6/17/2002 11:45:00 AM

this is one of the best lipglosses! i love the flavors, the colors and everything

on 4/2/2002 5:27:00 PM

Horrible. Colors look pretty when looking at the tube, but the texture is like vaseline, the shimmer feels like sandpaper on your lips, it creeps of your lips quickly, and the hole the product comes out of is too big (so you get more product than you should need). Ok, this just reminds me why I will pay a moderate $14.50 for a juicy tube. I bought two of these on sale...and I consider it a waste of $4.00 I could have used for postage on a swap. Dont let the pretty colors fool you!

on 4/28/2002 11:44:00 PM

ick, i often like jane but i didn't like this. the scent and taste were way too strong for me. i could smell it even in a bag on the floor, i couldn't believe how strong it was. i had berry winey- seemed like little pigment.

on 4/29/2002 11:36:00 AM

i bought this in It's Darlin' [sheer mocha shade] & in Stop Wineing [sheer wine-berry shade]. Both have a slightly overpowering mango scent/taste. They feel kinda greasy/slimy when applied and do not last long at all.

These were BOGOF at Walgreens this week...I figure why not? I love Jane...never really had a stinker in the product area (in the color area, yes! ex. Shine Langugage in Girl Talk...nasty color. gorgeous texture & smell).

It looks like a relative of the Lancome Juicy Tubes, with the Ez - on applicator. The shine is there...but I was expecting more tackiness. I love tacky gloss...lasts longer and feels better on my lips. I got two gorgeous colors,

Splash - Pinky gold, pineapple scented.

Chandiler - Clear w/ glitter, berry scented.

I was let down by these heavily...I wont be buying them again.

ETA - I tried out my friends tube of this, and they reformulated and now its really thick and tacky! I might be buying another tube. continued >>