Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust

4.1

Not tested on animals

Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

been using this for a long time, seriously the only thing that has made a significant impact on my oilies!! i usually get oily by midday - shiny all over. but using finishing dust, i'm still looking healthy glowy by midday, and i'm rarely oily anymore ( i have used this product through winter, spring and summer). this is the final thing i put on after everything else on my face, but before mascara (dusting on loose powder makes it easier to remove mistakes and/or prevent smudges later on in the day)
its' very fine and does not leave a white cast. invest in a nice powder brush for this. i use body shop face/body powder brush.

on 4/26/2008 1:58:00 AM

My HG finishing powder, feels like I'm not wearing make-up at all, is perfectly translucent and sets my make-up all day. No problems at all, love it and will wear it as long as they make it.

on 3/28/2008 8:53:00 PM

Finishing Dust is actually quite finely milled compared to other finishing powders by EM. It gives me an airbrushed look but keep in mind I'm only in my early 20's so I don't need too much of that effect but because of my age, this does indeed provide a flawless finish effect..

Unfortunately this lasts for not even an hour on non-freezing days because this powder doesn't control oiliness very well for me. I generally have combination skin nothing super oily and during warmer weather this kind of cakes up very soon (under 2 hours) so it makes any foundation I have under it look pretty bad. I think I've had better luck with oily skin without this finishing powder. However the initial effect is very nice, it doesn't smell, and nor does it react badly on my skin so I'm sure this will work better for someone else out there. I occasionally pick this up but I don't believe I'll buy this again when I run out.

on 3/31/2008 7:50:00 PM

This is my HG finishing powder! I tried the BE mineral veil before and it did almost nothing for my shine. To start, I have combination skin that gets very shiny around the T-zone. I used to have to powder my face a few times a day, but I would still be shiny within an hour. After using Finishing Dust however, my face almost never feels oily anymore, and I start to get shiny after around 4+ hours (which is pretty amazing for my skin). The powder looks light in the container, but goes on clear. It also provides a softening/airbrushed effect. My only complaint is that the powder is very fine and light, so when I apply it, a very small amount gets in my eyes. This shouldn't be a problem except that I have contacts and I have to take out my contacts and rinse them to completely remove the powder. I now close my eyes every time I use Finishing Dust and haven't had this problem as much. The occasional loose powder in the eyes though is completely worth the matte effect and shine controlling properties of this product. The fine grains also make the makeup fall through the sifter much easier than the foundations, resulting in too much build up on top of the sifter. The container does get a bit messy with use. I wish EM would make the sifter holes smaller for Finishing Dust, otherwise, I absolutely love what this product does to control my shine.

*EDIT* Now that I am nearing the bottom of this container, the powder does not spill out from the sifter quite as rapidly, and I realized that I was previously using too much. Because I am using less, I don't get loose powder in my eyes now. But I also noticed that I start to get shiny within 2 hrs now instead of 4, especially with the warm weather coming in. Nonetheless, I will stick with using finishing dust, as it provides the best results for me of any shine controlling powder I have found. Also, I have been using this for nearly 2 months now and have had no problems with breaking out. My skin has actually become clearer since switching to EM.

**EDIT again**
I tried the new EM start to finish powders, both the original and the rice one. I have found that they provide slightly better shine control than the finishing dust. It wasn't a huge difference, but I recommend trying out a sample if finishing dust isn't quite cutting it for you.

Okay, to be honest...BE Mineral Veil is a much better product. This works in a pinch but it doesn't control oilies very well. In addition, its a pain to travel with because of the packaging (the top of the container isn't very secure). I notice my T-zone gets so much shinier with EM than with BE but if I dust my nose with this 2-3x to get rid of the shine, then it gets cakey and settles into the pores on my nose...NOT the look I'm going for. This works fine for a back up...use once in a blue moon--when nothing else is handy, or I've run out of mineral veil but that's about it and NO I won't repurchase.

Now this is nice stuff even if they're foundations are clogging and zit producing, at least I may keep this. It works well and it's soft and silky and doesn't clog.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just got this after reading all the great reviews here. Thank you ladies, again you have led me in the right direction. Used underneath and over my EM foundation my makeup stayed put all day and I only had to blot a couple times all day. Which is really saying something as I usually blot every hour. LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!

Love this powder!

I've always been the type of person to use a loose powder to "set" my makeup when I'm done (no letting all that hard work go to pot!), and this is my HG of finishing powders.

It is SO finely milled, it seems to just float on over my makeup. It appears lightly tinted, but it doesn't show on my face, and it really completes the "airbrushed" look. Unlike the silkdust from Everyday Minerals, this doesn't have any of the weird black bits in it.

It keeps everything soft and put together, and my skin feels wonderful!

My only misgiving is the packaging. Like all EM products, I just don't find the containers all that user friendly - unless you put the lids on VERY carefully, they can get stuck. And if you don't want powder everywhere the next day, you must be sure they lay very flat.

Haven't really used it fully, but I just got it in the mail with my fairly light! all large sizes. it is very see-thru. it looks like the mineral veil just a lighter color. and no shimmer particles. The grains are literally not there. Idk what people are talking about. But anyway, I applied some after school but my makeup was cakey before the application so I can't really tell if it works but it did keep my skin very soft and oil free. we'll see the test when I go to school tomorrow and how long I will be shine-free.

ediiit;
meh doesn't do much for me. leaves my pores looking the same. it does cake and it doesn't give me that much shine control. I have to put another powder over my face so my pores disappear.

edittt;
gave me cyst acne and little mini pimples.

on 3/21/2008 8:40:00 PM

I love EM foundation, but this product doesn't cut it. I have really oily skin and this kept it at bay for maybe an hour or two. I didn't realize until I did a little research that cornstarch may clog pores...which I think was happening with this. I had little acne bumps all over my forehead and around my nose. I stopped using this because of the cornstarch ingredient. They make all their foundations with 4 natural ingredients that shouldn't clog pores.. I wonder why they used cornstarch for this product. I now order my oil-controlling powder from L.A. Minerals because they use different ingredients and it's more friendly to my skin! LA Minerals is a good company too... but I still love the color selection from Everyday Minerals, so i'm sticking with EM!