Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust
Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color AdjustPhoto Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer- Smashing Color Adjust

3.3

I have this in apricot. Overall I prefer the original clear SM Photo Finish primer. I bought this because I thought it would cover most of some redness and blemishes and I could skip the concealer step but it didnt and I was disappointed with that. For the price of the 1oz/30ml I thought it would do what I expected but actually when I tried to blend it and smoothe it onto my face the colour of the primer did not go on smoothe it was steaky and eventually it looked like the colour went away. No coverage at all or correcting as it said. I have dry skin so I cannot comment on it causing acne or breaking out since I dont have that problem. Anyways its okay, I like the clear one better.

on 1/28/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've just finished giving this a test run, and I'm convinced this is the primer to end all primers. It gets rid of the redness around my nose, mouth, and chin, and even eliminates the redness in some of my acne scars. The primer smooths everything out, and I noticed my makeup not only looked utterly flawless on my skin, but it did not budge, despite sweat and oil. This stuff is all sorts of amazing.
The price doesn't make me too happy, but luckily I can find this easily enough for much less on eBay.
I'm not sure how I lived before this primer. This is now a staple/HG/whatever have you in my makeup routine.

*EDIT 8/20/11*
While this is a great primer, its shelf life isn't as long as I'd like it to be. I've since switched over to Monistat anti-chafing Powder Gel.

on 12/22/2009 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got this because i find that my skin aroung my nose gets very red....especially now that i am pregnant again. i thought that the green tint to the primer would cut some of the red...and it does a little. not wonderful aside from that. my makeup doesn't last much longer with this on. i do find if i put this on with just the studio fix powder it lasts a bit better than if i used the powder on its own. as a primer its nothing special but i like the tint. its subtle and a bit effective even. sum up...not the best but not the worst

on 12/24/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So after reading reviews on MUA I went ahead and purchased this little gem in green to counter act my redness and scars? I went to Sephora and was indeed surpised that for such a small tube it was $17.00. Nonetheless I walked out of the store empty handed determined to find this review this product for a fraction of the cost. So off to ebay I went and $10.00 later I'm a happy customer!!!

I've used this product a couple of times (I feared that I would break out) and I haven't broken out yet!!! Yeah!! I use the smallest amounts and I covers nearly my whole face. I haven't had problems with clogging of the pores and I am pleasently surprised at how it makes my foundation look. My husbnad and co-workers commented recently on how good my face looked. I don't know if it really counter acts the redness/scars, but so far am very happy with this product. I'm NOT happy with the price. I would def purchase again- but only off of ebay.. I can't see myself buying this product for full price. But since I've had it nealy 2 months and have used it over 2 doezen times, I still have an early full tube left... so who knows.. I may not need to re-purchase for a while!!!

on 11/24/2009 11:18:00 AM

Updated:
I stopped using this product because chanel foundations gave me bad breakouts Or maybe its combo of both products (primer and foundations). I went back to my mineral foundation and my face has been recovered from since.
**************************************************
I don't usually wear foundation primer but due to the winter weather, my face gets very dry with the foundation. This is the best primer ever made!!! It is so smooth and blends so well with my Chanel Mat lumier foundation.

For the Price, I think it is reasonable. If you want to look good then you shouldnt be cheap about the product that youre going to be used on your face.

This is what i do
1. H2o gel cleanser (combination skin)
2. H2o gel moisturizer
3. H2o eye moisturizer
4. Smashbox Primer
5. Chanel Mat Foundation

on 1/17/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased the green primer, to combat my red skin patches, on the recommendation of a few people at Sephora. It does NOTHING to get rid of the red...... it might work as a makeup primer, but why spend so much for something advertised to combat red when it doesn't do that? Bad purchase, and bad recommendation from people who probably know nothing about REALLY sensitive skin.

on 4/5/2009 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this from the impulse buy at sephora...it was in a bin labeled $9 but when I checked out, realized it was actually $17 (which is ridiculous for such a small tube). I have used the original photo finish formula which is fantastic, but my derm put me on a new skincare line which has made my face more red for the first few weeks while getting used to the products, so I thought the green tint would be good to have. Although it smoothed my face and did everything the original formula does, it did nothing for the redness, which is the main reason I had for buying it. I thought maybe it had helped until I took some pictures with friends and looked back through them to see my face as red as any other day. This is going back asap and I'll prob switch it out for regular photo finish. Ive heard MAC's version of this is a good one for redness, so I guess on to that next!

on 6/30/2009 12:31:00 AM

This is a really great primer. It makes my foundation go on much smoother and it lasts further into the day. That being said, I didn't notice any major change in redness. I have a few areas on my face that are more easily irritated than others and when I applied this it really didn't seem to do anything to reduce the red appearance. I would repurchase since its such a great primer on its own, just not in green.

on 7/25/2009 7:48:00 PM

I have very pale skin, and flat areas of redness in my cheeks and nose; with nothing on it looks like I'm wearing "too much blush." When I use this product, there is a remarkable reduction in redness. I did half of my face with this product, and half without to show my mom (who didn't believe it would work); and she was so surprised at the results. I don't feel this would work for someone with acne scars/redness, pimples, rosacea, etc.; just flat areas of redness from flushing or broken capillaries.

This stuff does help a lot if you have large pores on your face - plus it offers shine control, and if that's an issue for you, it might be worth investing in.

**but**

if you're not willing to spend $48, go to ULTA and get their store brand primer for $12. :) I did, and I use it under my foundation. It smooths everything out on my skin in arguably the same way that the Smashbox primer does.