Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Shampoo for Dry or Damaged Hair

3.8

Deionized Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, PEG-3 Distearate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Human Hair Keratin, Hydrolyzed Keratin PG-Propyl Methylsilanediol, Thioctic Acid, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Glycolipids, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyl Methoxy Dibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-4, Hyaluronic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Trisodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Triethylammonium Chloride, Trideceth-3, Trideceth-6, Laureth-3, Propoxy Tetramethyl Piperidinyl, Dimethicone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 3/23/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this after getting a full head of highlights and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much of a change I saw in one shampoo!! I love the smell too!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this shampoo! I have unruly biracial hair that tends to be dry and this stuff works wonders on it.Ive even been able to use it without conditioner and had beautiful results and that's saying a lot!! My hair has never been so healthy and soft.It is expensive but the results are worth it. I always but the liters when they are on sale and can usually pick the shampoo and conditioner up for around $40 which is awesome because the regular 8oz is usually around $18.I would definitely suggest trying this especially if you have damaged hair

on 2/27/2011 10:45:00 PM

Let me start off by saying that this shampoo smells so HEAVENLY! I can't get enough of it, smells so friggen' delicious and fruity. It actually makes washing my hair an experience I enjoy because of that. I love the way the smell lingers in your bathroom afterwards. Anyways onto the product itself, I have been using this in conjunction with the rest of the k-pak line and whilst I'm not totally 100% convinced on it yet.. I am so far happy with the results. The shampoo does not dry my hair out before conditioning or tangle it up. So it doesn't do anything offensive, but at the same time it's not WOW'ing me either. Using it along with the rest of the k-pak line has definitely made my hair feel a lot stronger and more moisturised and softer than before. For reference: I have quite damaged hair from a long history of heat styling and hair colouring. I bought the 500ml in a pump bottle along with the conditioner for 15 which I would say is really good value for a salon shampoo. It will probably last me a good few months, and I wash my hair a lot.

on 2/11/2011 1:07:00 PM

I recieved this product in the liters from my salon and it was the shampoo and conditioner for $20 which isn't bad at all. I love how it makes my hair feel the only thing is when the conditioner says leave it in for one min it means it. If you don't it's almost like there is too much protein in the shampoo so it can leave your hair feeling dry. So definently use the conditioner with it! Over all AMAZING product! I would recommend it to any hair type!

As someone that has jumped around for years trying to find a shampoo that won't weigh my hair down but still give me hydration and repair my dead locks, I've tried pretty much everything. After debating, I finally tried K Pak. I am in LOVE. K Pak is light weight enough for my hair (which is fine but I have a lot of it) but leaves it feeling very healthy and not dried to shit. The price is reasonable (for a salon brand, Joico makes honest claims, and doesn't charge an obscene amount for their products I feel). Anyone like me who is always experimenting with their hair be that, bleaching, coloring or anything of the like should try this out.

on 1/23/2011 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got the reconstructor 2 years ago but I never felt that it did anything for me. At the time I wasn't coloring my hair and it was probably in the best shape it's ever been. Last summer I decided to go light auburn and I love everything about it, except that my un-ideal hair type to begin with has now become damaged. I'm sure I want to stay red for the forseeable future, so I've been on the hunt for products to help it look shiny and healthy. I came across this in a gift set with the shampoo and conditioner for only $12.50 (!) So I picked it up, curious to see how it worked and sort of amazed at the price. I love this stuff. The feel of the shampoo is rich and thick, and I like the smell. Combined with the conditioner, I find it's much easier to get a brush through my thin, easily knottable hair (I can fight for whole minutes with knots in the morning sometimes). Best of all my usually intensely puffy hair calms down and looks smoother and more controlled during the day. I'm considering getting the pump bottles next time I like this stuff so much.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Luckily I bought the small travel bottles of this shampoo and conditioner, because this didn't work out too well for me. For reference, my hair is medium length, normal, and curly. Since coloring my hair last summer, my hair is prone to dryness and frizz. After using both the shampoo and conditioner, my hair was very soft and smelled good. It wasn't until my hair air-dried that I really saw the results for my hair. It looked matted and dull and I had to re-wet my hair and put a leave-in to make my hair look decent. The shampoo is very gentle and the conditioner gets out knots pretty well, but unfotunately the dry down proved this is not an appropriate product for me even though my hair loves protein and I never had any problems with the other products in the line. I will save this duo for when my hair really needs it, but for now I'll try something else like the liquid reconstructor.

I bought this product because I heard sooo many great things about this product, when I used it the first time it was really nice, then about the third time I used it I had really bad dandruff and my hair was really oily!!! it sucks!!

on 11/13/2010 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This shampoo is great for dry damaged hair. I have(had) really damaged hair that was unmanagable from bleaching and colouring. This shampoo I belive helped me out, it didnt "mend" my split ends but it made it feel healthier. This being said, my hair is a lot healthier now not just from the shampoo, from getting it cut alot and not using heat. Don't think it works as well on "heathy" hair...since its not desgined for that. Anyways if you have unhealthy hair, certanly give this and the condishiner a go!

on 11/13/2010 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have course, wavy hair that is constantly tangled after I wash it. Joico Reconstruct has changed my hair around from the professional line I was currently using. It is never tangled after my conditioning treatment.