Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Viktor & Rolf Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

3.8

on 10/11/2014 8:14:00 AM

Got this as a gift for Christmas, but was flabbergasted when I checked up the normal retail price. Scent is quite "in your face", great for a confident, chic woman. For an EDT, the sillage and lasting power is fantastic - It is the Bomb. Though my body system may be a factor, a spray on the wrist lasts very strongly on me for 2 days (prevailing even after a shower). The smell only dissipates completely after a good week. Some may like it, but it is really TOO strong for me - actually kind of irritates my eyes and nose when it is freshly sprayed. One thing I wish is that the pump was flexible such that you can control the amount that comes out of the bottle. However, I'm not going to complain too much since I didn't have to pay a dime. Design of the bottle is very very gorgeous and very very expensive looking. Although pink is by no means close to my favourite colour, I must admit it looks very fabulous on the dresser.

on 10/3/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Thick, syrupy sweet, cotton candy-ish gourmand. A slightly more mature, grown-up Pink Sugar. I've owned Flowerbomb for years but have barely made a dent -- I just can't wear it -- or several of its clones (and there are many!).

I think Flowerbomb has been the #1 best-seller (or close to it) at Sephora for a long time now -- it's been a huge commercial success -- which has led to a lot of copycats.

The notes listed are florals and patchouli, but all I smell is a *very* sweet gourmand. It's just too thickly concentratedly sweet for me. I agree with the former reviewer who said "Candybomb" or "Sugarbomb" would have been more accurate names.

If you watch YouTube "perfume collection" videos (or "Top 10" or "Top 5"), usually made by teens-20s women, Flowerbomb is generally among their top favorites (along with Viva La Juicy, Coco Mlle, the Chance trio, MJ Daisy, Chloe EDP, and a bunch of celeb scents).

The grenade bottle is cute, but unfortunately, Flowerbomb is quite expensive -- too expensive for the nature of the scent, in my humble opinion -- especially for a perfume with such a young following.

At first I really didn't like this scent because it smelled like a generic floral perfume, but it gradually grew on me. As I get older, I feel my sensitivity to fragrance increases, so the rollerball version of this is perfect for me. Just a few dabs around the dcolletage and I'm good to go. Rollerball praise aside, this particular fragrance is quite floral and feminine but it is has an edge to it that isn't so simply sweet. The name of the perfume is quite apt because it speaks to a juxtaposition of soft and strong that is modern but still feminine. I could wax poetic about this dualism, but at the end of the day, my words are lame next to the actual olfactory sensation, so go smell it at Sephora! You just may be won over by this understandably popular scent.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I am a niche fragrance girl through and through. However, I've had a thing for Flowerbomb for years now and never invested in a full bottle because it's so overused and I don't like smelling like the masses. So, while browsing through Sephora I noticed the limited-edition white crystal packaging (see picture above) and decided I had to have it. At least I'll get some exclusivity from my Flowerbomb purchase via the packaging. Seriously, there's a reason it's so popular. It's a truly beautiful fragrance. Just like most everyone else here, I highly recommend.

on 9/1/2014 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Great scent. Only downfall the staying power is average. Fades about halfway through the day.

I have used flower bomb for 6yrs on and off i love it yesterdsy i bought a bottle of extreme after reading so many reviews i felt it was the right choice at104 its not cheap but i had saved to buy it,couldnt wate to buy it,i have to say i am so so dissapointed i cant understand what the extreme is about it only the bottle is darker,my better half is sharp but he didnt notice i was wearing it,my love affair is over.....i

on 6/13/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am not a "girly-girl" and I usually steer clear of floral or sweet perfumes.. but I can't get enough of flowerbomb!
I smelled this scent in a department store but when I saw the price tag, I was aprehensive (70 - 90 eek!!). Luckily, while going through duty free in the airport, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy it.
Fancy meets Lolita with this explosive fragrance that seems to be filled with all things delicious. When I smell this, I sense vanilla, pink sugar, green tea & sweet pipe tobacco. I can wear it day or night and when I do wear it, I always get complimented.
Even the packaging is perfect, the little pink grenade bottle trigger does the scent justice.

The only reason I won't give it 5 stars is because I have to reapply at least 3x throughout the day.. I really wish it would last longer!!

on 5/27/2014 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

First of all; this reminds of a Naomi Campbell perfume a friend of mine used to wear years ago. It smells wonderful, it really does. The scent completely disappears on my skin after three hours or so, which is weird because the scent is quite strong the first few hours.

on 6/13/2014 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I love the flowerbomb!!! it's a very seductive fragrance that will keep his mind on you. people say that having a fragrance that many own is not smart, because it's not unique. well ladies the best thing when it comes to fragrances and men I think is being classy but also making sure that he will smell you and think of you wherever he goes:) my boyfriend told me how much he loved the vanilla and how he smelled it on someone else and thought of me instantly, and with all the girls wearing it I'll be on his mind all day !yay !!! don't get me wrong I love signature fragrances for the night out but as a daily I love flowerbomb

Super sexy, strong, longs sting sugary Bon Bon/lavendery musky scent. My boyfriend says it smells to stripper ish but I think that's just because everyone knows there's a sexy song about it xD which makes it super ultra popst, every woman who knows something about this parfume can recognize the scent-probably the only downside. I love this parfume & it's one of my all time favorites.

Popular Fragrances