MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

MAC Veluxe Pearl - Expensive Pink

4.3

I can't describe how pretty this color is!!! I love to put it on the outter crease on days where I wear light makeup and it just gives a pop of color, without the IN YOUR FACE effect.

on 7/20/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this colour! On me it's not really that pink, more peachy-orange, but I love it none the less! The only downfall I can honestly think of is that it's creased on the upper lid a couple of times out of all my wear of this beautiful colour! It was the very first MAC eye shadow I bought (like a few others I've noticed) and still my favorite all this time later! I've used it on so many different people and it really does look beautiful on most colourings! I would definitely repurchase, it's amazing :)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First off, I will say this color is NOT pink on me. It's more like a peachy bronze. My daughter describes it as the sunset. It's not too bad, just not what I expected at all. I'm not sure what skin color this will look pink on but certainly not on my skin. I like that you get pretty good color payoff with this and little fall out.

My favorite eyeshadow. Period. There's nothing to compare to this with green eyes. It's really not very pink on my skin (NW20), and looks mostly coppery with a hint of peach. Paired with Retrospeck in the crease, it creates a flawless look that's noticeable, but classic, pretty, and understated. This is a daily e/s for me, and therefore I shall need to buy again!

I have not had it fade on me, and I tend to wear it all day. It can crease, but just slightly, with a primer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't own many MAC shadows, but I do like this one a lot. I'm not sure that it's terribly unique now, but at the time that I got it it kinda was. I am very fair with red hair and blue eyes, and I find that this is a really pretty shade for me. However, it also does work nicely on darker eyes and skintones as well. It's nicely pigmented and wears pretty well, but I do need primer with all MAC shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

I love this eyeshadow! After reading the reviews, I was a bit leery when I went to buy it but I did it anyway and I'm so glad I did! It is gorgeous on me. I can understand why people wouldn't like this shade because I do think it is very skin tone specific. I have warm skin that is slightly tan and hazel eyes for reference.

I pair it with naked lunch and sushi flower to make the pink stand out. Definitely a staple in my kit and I would def repurchase!

on 4/6/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I think this e/s should have been called Expensive CORAL because it is far more coral than pink. If NARS Orgasm or Benefit Coralista blush were to make an eyeshadow baby, this would be it. It is very high quality and very finely milled. There are tiny micro particles of gold that give this a golden duo-chrome effect. I love this shade in the summer. It is beautiful paired with gold eyeshadow with warm browns to darken the crease (like Embark). A definite must-have for MAC collectors!

on 4/15/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is such an amazing colour! I used to own Paradisco, but it was too orange for me. Expensive is what I wanted - mix of pink/gold/coral with a lovely finish. I like to pair this with Omega in the crease, touch of Signed&Sealed around the lashline, some matte white eyeshadow, black gel liner and mighty aphrodite/dollymix blushes. Maybe this colour doesn't suit anybody, but it's a fun! I am happy to have this eyeshadow in my MAC collection.

This is my favourite eyeshadow of all time!! It has it's problems - I've found that after 4 hours it will crease and dramatically fade in colour which doesn't happen with any of my other MAC Eyeshadows - but I'm willing to forgive all of that because of the colour. On me (fair-medium, warm), it is a lovely copper-orange shade (I don't see any pink) which I never thought I'd like (I'm one of those people who are strictly brown, brown, brown when it comes to eyeshadow!!) but it instantly lifts my face and makes me look more awake and just generally brighter and fresher. I've never experienced this with an eyeshadow before and believe me I love it!! I don't re-purchase anything unless I absolutely cannot live without it - and this is one of those very few products despite it's faults.

on 4/25/2011 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

SUch a fun color! Very versatile! Can be worn by itself for a cute look, or can be worn with a dark brown or grey for a soft smoky eye! LOVE!