Murad Acne Complex

Murad Acne Complex

2.3

Acne Complex® Introductory Kit Clarifying Cleanser Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.5%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Methyl Gluceth-20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cimicifuga Racemosa Root Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Silver Citrate, Menthol, PEG-150 Distearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch Octenylsuccinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 80, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylisothiazolinone, Limonene, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Leaf Oil, Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Fragrance (Parfum) Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (1.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methyl Gluceth-10, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Salicylic Acid, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Triclosan, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Zinc Sulfate, Linoleic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide Skin Perfecting Lotion Water (Aqua), Dicaprylyl Maleate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sorbitan Stearate, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Phytonadione, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Flour, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Honey Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Squalane, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Talc, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Glycolipids, Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Algae Extract, Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Propylene Glycol, Allantoin Sclerotium Gum, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA Clarifying Mask Active Ingredient: Sulfur (4.0%) Other Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Kaolin, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Polysorbate 20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Zinc Oxide, Talc, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Salicylic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Camphor, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil Acne Spot Treatment Active Ingredient: Sulfur (3.0%) Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Sclerotium Gum, Zinc Oxide, Dicaprylyl Maleate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Salicylic Acid Lecithin, Tocopherol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 9/3/2009 2:04:00 AM

please please please stay away from this. Its horrible. It gave me acne on my cheeks and i never had acne there. Please stay away from it. I dont want anyone to go through what i went through because of this. My acne got so bad because of this that i had to quit my job. my acne got that bad.

on 8/29/2009 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

okay this is literally the worst product ever.....this made my skin just horrible. i mean i started using it after proactiv which completely cleared my skin up (but i stopped using it and then when i bought it again it didn't work >=/ so i was devastated) okay so i saw the commecial and got hyped up about it so i got it. I do know most of the times there is a purging period, but i don't think a purging period can last 3 months. this gave me huge breakouts...just work acne in general & sometimes i'd have one side of my face clear and the other side crazy with those nasty bumps we all hate. i tried getting a refund, but don't remember what happened cause they didn't let me refund it after i had payed almost 70 dollars. Guess i shoulda read the reviews first. So, beware!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This system is great and started working over night. I will note that the Skin Refining Lotion did break me out and made my skin oily when I used a little bit too much. So I use it sparingly The cleanser is great and has a nice smell. The Exfoliating Gel I use once a day because it has a tendency to dry my skin out if I used it twice a day. Over all this is a great kit and is very effective. I had much better luck with this than ProActive and my skin looks beautiful. I got the beginner kit off of Amazon for $20.00 and will repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Total crap. Didn't do anything for my skin at all. Took 2 weeks to ship to Ontario, Canada, then by the time I finished with the products, it was too late to mail back anyway, so I couldn't take advantage of their 60-day return promise, but whatever. Live and learn not to fall for corny infomercials.

on 8/25/2009 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

HATED IT.
As I stated in a couple of reviews, I was using Proactiv...then (as the story goes) It stopped working. You have all read this same complaint about Proactiv, and I thought "pfft, come on how can it stop working with such great results?" well I'm telling you it does...and your skin gets *so* much worse...while at the end of my rope, screwing around with that *stupid* Zeno device (crap) I saw the Murad Acne Complex Commercial...I guess cause they were Proactiv Bashing...Idk I fell for it anyhow.
Why didn't I like Murad?

A It smells GROSS. I hate the stink of sulfur, and the moisturizer blows chunks

B The day Cream has effin sparkles in it. Figure it out? Make up or acne treatment...who knows. Anyway, it gave me millia times a million :

C The price is just over the top. Frig off Murad. >:[

Overall. GARBAGE. No great thing happened, and it made my already angry skin outraged. continued >>

After I had my son, my skin just went crazy. I started off getting pimples here and there. I wasn't too worried about my skin breaking out a lot UNTIL.. .I had gotten birth control out of safety issues. I broke out so much that I was surprised at how much I was breaking out. I was breaking out EVERYDAY! Using drugstore products was somewhat promising, but I still broke out. So, I thought to myself, I haven't tried MURAD yet.. .I heard so many good things about it that I had to try it out to see results for myself. So, I went to Sephora, where they sold it. I was still skeptical, but I was like what the hell? So, I've used it for a week now & my skin is more horrible than ever! I'm breaking out everyday, but MORE! When I used all three products, I noticed flakiness the next day. I also noticed a new pimple on each part of my face! I spent nearly 50 bucks on this thing and it has only made my face look worse, feel worse & most of all, it makes my self esteem drop a couple of points. I feel ugly after using this system. I am never ever gonna buy this again. Waste of my money!

on 5/20/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

Absolutely AWEFUL! I was hoping this was going to replace Proactive. I have super oily, senstive moderate but persistant acne. The first week my face felt wonderful, satiny smooth! Then my face erupted into a cycstic acne nightmare and it charred my skin -literally burned to a crisp and it dried me out like a leaf in winter, even around my eyes! I'd never experienced anything like it. Trying to believe that this was the "adjustment" period, I stayed with it beyond the 30 days, cutting back how often I used it but things got only worse. My face hurt to the touch! I've had acne all my life and dont know what it feels like not to have zits, but for the first time I was self-consciense and embarrassed to go out, it was so bad. It took months to get my skin corrected but now I have all the leftover scars that for an AA person are almost impossible to fade! I know this works for many, but it ruined my skin probably forever. NEVER AGAIN! Beware if you have senstive skin!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I used this kit a few months ago and really liked it! I love the cleanser...it's gently but tingles. I started using a different skincare system so I don't know when I will be re-purchasing

on 5/28/2009 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HORRRRRIBLE. i had alotttt of pimples on my forehead and decided to try murad as a higer end acne system. worst decision of my life. i broke out like never before ALL over my face, got comodones, cystic acne. i even waited for over 2 months hoping it was just a purging, but this my face horendous. even after stopping more than a month and a half ago my skin keeps the side effects. instead of just my forehead breaking out, all my cheeks and chin are breaking out and are rough with little bumps. NEVER try murad. not to mention when i first started i was flaking like crazy.

I have been using Murad for about 2 years now and I will never try another product again. Murad has saved my skin! I have tried other products before this such as ProActive and had horrible results. This is truely the triple threat of skin care. I love it.

Popular Face Skincare Products