Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil

Bare Minerals Original Mineral VeilBE Mineral Veil

3.4

on 1/7/2006 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To my amazement, I actually like this product very much. It gives a very soft, diffused look to the skin without looking dry or cakey. I apply it with the BE Kabuki brush for best results. It does a good job of setting my makeup for the day and controlling shine. I don't find myself needing to reapply it more than once at the most throughout the day. The color is nice and translucent without appearing too white or shiny. I prefer it to the look of Laura Mercier transparent loose powder, and is a much better price! It still doesn't surpass my HG Cle de Peau loose powder (the best there is), but with a price difference of ~$90 between them, I'm more than happy to settle for this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mineral Veil is awesome! It feels great on the skin and really sets the B.E. foundation for all-day wear. It's pretty impossible to use too much of the Mineral Veil - I am fairly generous with it because it feels so good and never looks "powdery". I have dry, sensitive skin and this line is the best.

on 12/14/2005 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Ahhh, I'm not the only one who broke out after using Mineral Veil!
I really wanted to like this product, after all the rave reviews, but it was not to be. I love the BE mineral foundation and it doesn't make me break out at all, which is a nice change after trying so many foundations over the years and watching as they either made me itch, or produced pizza face. Mineral veil looked so promising. It made my skin look soft and glowy, and kept the shinies away, but a week or so after starting to use it, up came the first crop of pimples. I thought at first it might be due to stress at work, but I stopped using the MV as an experiment and my skin cleared up, even though I was still having a rough time at work. Oh well, I'll go back to my faithful Jurlique Silk Dust. It's much cheaper than the MV too.

on 12/12/2005 7:53:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Horrible product. Claims to be "pure" but if you read the ingredients, it's full of fillers and chemicals. I used BE years ago and had burning and itching when it got warm. I finally found out it was the mineral veil and all the added ingredients (it contains and ingredient found in underarm deoderant!!) were killing me. I know a ton of ladies who quit using it -- and BE because of it.

I first came across Mineral Veil when I received a container as part of a combination package I bought that contained a number of Bare Escentuals products. I found that the Bare Escentuals foundation gave me enough of a matte finish that I didn't need the Mineral Veil. But...I discovered a great use for it!

I'm young, so I don't have wrinkles under my eyes (yet), but when I smile, it causes creases under my eyes, which causes my eyeliner to smear and "run." I have fairly small, almond shaped eyes, so smudged eyeliner is very noticeable, and I've never been able to find a brand that smudgeproof to my satisfaction. Now I brush a little Mineral Veil beneath my lower lashes before applying my eyeliner, then apply my eyeliner, then brush on some more Mineral Veil to set my eyeliner. Voila! No smears, no smudges. I went to a funeral a couple months ago, and even after the crying, my eyeliner stayed in place. I can even go to bed without removing my makeup and wake up in the morning with eyeliner that looks as fresh as when it was applied the prior morning. It's wonderful--I only wish I discovered it existed years ago!

on 6/26/2005 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just love this finishing powder. It's so light that it feels like nothing at all. It doesn't really minimize my pores as it claims to do, but I don't really care. Took off one lippie because it can feel a little drying at times. That's not really a bad thing though when you have oily skin like mine.
UPDATE: 6/13/10 I decided to repurchase some of this after many years of not using it. For some reason, my skin reacted badly to it this time around. My skin has become more sensitive as I've grown older and breaks out from many different things. In particular, it seems like the corn starch in this is what my skin dislikes. Also, it doesn't keep me matte at all. I have to re-powder several times throughout the day with this, which just leads to more irritation. Currently, I'm using a LOVING E.L.F. High Definition powder. It never breaks out my super-sensitive, acne-prone skin and keeps me matte for most of the day!

on 6/23/2005 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Well, frankly I really love this stuff. I would not say its my HG but pretty close. I like it because it does not have Mica, which I am allergic to. It gives a great smooth finish and looks very natural. It does not break me out and I break out at the drop of a hat! My skin is pretty oily in the T-zone and this does really well. It does not change color or cake. I use it over Mary Kay med cov found, which I apply over Nars oil free. The Nars is very sheer and really just slightly evens out your skin tone so I use it as a make up base and it works great for that. I also tried TLeClerc and found it to look kind of grainy on me even though it is supposed to be very fine. I keep it because I purchased it in France and want to like it so much - I keep thinking if I try it on the right found it will look good.

on 3/27/2005 5:29:00 PM

This powder is supposedly colorless?!?-I don't think so! Made my super fair skin look pumpkin-like & the texture is that of chalk. Save your $$$!!!

on 6/7/2004 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I like the mineral veil, it helps keep down the oily shine I sometimes get in humid weather. A good tip is to apply the mineral veil both before the foundation & after to help reduce shine even more...

on 7/20/2003 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This product compares with my beloved Chanel powder, which pleases me as I am trying to switch over to American-made products whenever possable.
I'm in my 40's and cheap powders look like hell on me. So this will be my new staple. I'm enjoying most of the BE line right now.