Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/1/2017 6:04:00 PM

THIS REVIEW IS OF THE "ORIGINAL" STYLE TUBE--NOT THE NEWER APPLICATOR TUBE - This product has made it possible for me to wear eye shadow and eye liner. Yes, I have tried some other eye primers with varied results, but this stuff is the absolute bomb! Makeup-wise, it has been a life-changer for me. I have incredibly oily eyelids. Any makeup slides off or accumulates grotesquely in the crease within an hour of application--really. However, with a freckle-sized application of UD eyeshadow primer potion, I can apply seriously any color, amount, and style of shadow or liner and it stays put until I remove it. I have traveled internationally on long hauls that took over 24-hours and my eye makeup actually survived intact! It's very easy to apply and a little goes a long way. It has no discernible scent. It dries invisibly on my (fair with yellow undertones) skin. I use it on my upper and lower lids, as well as beyond the corners of my eyes. I can't do makeup without this product anymore.

DRAWBACK - This product is now sold with a new applicator (rather than in a tube, out of which the putty-like product is directly squeezed). I do NOT like the new applicator and I have therefore stockpiled tubes of the old stuff. I am not sure whether the new applicator also means a new formulation. If and when I run out of my horde of old-style product, I am not sure whether I will continue to use the product. :(

on 1/1/2017 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Asian, mid 30's, dry skin in U area,normal&slightly oily on T area.

Everyone talks about this product, beauty gurus, YT MUA and basically everyone. So I thought it must be one wickedly awesome product. Not.
I'm glad I didnt buy the full size because I'm certain it will end up somewhere else but my eyelids.

It does not live up the hype. At least to me. I got it in sample size so I cannot comment about the packging.

My eyelids are dry, so dry any eyeshadow from drugstore brands to high end brands feels like chalk up there without primer, even after moisturizer. So naturally I want a moisturizing primer.

Meanwhile it does amazing job to keep my eyeshadow lasts longer, it dries my lids like a nightmare. Either drugstore eyeshadow or the high end ones feel chalkier in a terrible way. It doesnt settle in lines or feel heavy on my lids, tho, but the utter dryness is unberable.

Not reccommended at all if you have dry eyelids like mine.

on 12/19/2016 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have the original tube of this (wand style with the cute bottle) and I bought it ages ago - and it still works the best (so far) for me. It applies great (with little) and dries matte. My colors last all day with it, I love it. Wish it wasn't so pricey, but it's worth the price.

on 12/22/2016 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is my go-to eyeshadow primer, the most crease resistant of the ones I've tried. The texture is a bit thick and sticky which can make blending a little bit harder as it tends to really grab onto shadows, but you can always lay down a lighter shade first. I have oily lids and a deep crease/hood and though I still get occasionaly creasing depending on the eyeshadow formula and weather, most of the time I'm really pleased with how this holds up on me. I've purchased many tubes of primer potion, I think the squeeze bottle with the fine nozzle was my favourite packaging, but the current squeeze tube with wand is okay - better than the old rigid tube with wand for sure but I don't really feel the doe foot is necessary personally. As a side note, I have also tried samples of the anti aging, sin, and eden versions and found them all inferior to the original, for my personal tastes (anti aging reminded me a lot of Too Faced shadow insurance so if you like one you may like the other, but neither had the staying power of the original primer potion for me; sin creased horribly; and eden somehow managed to be both dryer and more crease prone than the original). The original primer potion is a classic for a reason!

Love this. I'm a relative newcomer to primers, but this one makes SUCH a difference. I have deep set eyes so eyeshadow is very prone to creasing or wearing off, but this is fantastic - last week I put my make up on at 3pm, got back at 2am and my eyeshadow looked nearly as good as it did when I applied it. A little goes a long way so it's worth the price.

on 12/30/2016 8:50:00 AM

I love this primer i just wish it was a little bit cheaper! It really enhances colour and the quality of any Eyeshadow. It makes the Eyeshadow stay all day with no creases. I thought having hooded eyes and trying all sorts of Eyeshadow primers and still getting creases that i was doomed to creases for forver but nope this really stop it! You only need a small amount for both eyes too much will make it greasy but thats a positive cause it makes it last that much longer!

on 12/4/2016 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing!! When I go out to a night club 6 hours later when I get home it looks like I just applied my smokey eye! I also use a little under my eyes and it prevents any masacara or eyeliner to smudge.. Highly recommend especially for anyone with oily skin!!!

on 12/1/2016 9:15:00 AM

Too many positive reviews, when I used it? It was okay, my eyeshadow and eyeliner smudged, but for the price?? It is so not okay!!! When I got my hands on the Lime Crime eyeshadow helper, I set this aside. Too bad, the lime crime is so hard to find so I bought the Nars eye primer... it was one of the worst I've ever tried, probably next too the Etude House Eyeproof 10?

on 11/29/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This eye primer doesn't do MUCH for my oily eyelids, but it's not horrible or anything. I mainly mix it with other more hardcore eye primers. It's not bad but for the price I wouldn't repurchase. My WnW and E.L.F. eye primers work better and they're only a few dollars.

its okay... i know better