Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Dramatically Different Moisturizing GelDramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.7

on 12/19/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This moisturizer is amazing for oily skin. It has a wonderful matte feeling when applied, and provides moisture without creating an oil slick.

It's unscented which should be commonplace with any face products in my opinion. Has no offensive odor to it, which some companies try to mask with fragrances. It's also quite gentle for sensitive skin.

One 125ml bottle with twice daily use lasts at least 6 months for me. Which makes it quite affordable. Obviously it's more than a drugstore moisturizer, but I feel as though it is worth the price.

on 12/4/2013 10:17:00 PM

Note: I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin that gets red easily.

I had hopes for this moisturizer since a lot of people seemed to like it. However, this product did not work for me. One of the first five ingredients in this moisturizer is BUTYLENE GLYCOL. Paula, the "Cosmetic Cop" calls it a good ingredient and I found several sites listing the comodogenicity (causes acne) with a rate of 1 (1 - very unlikely to cause acne and 5 - stay far away from this product). Unfortunately, this made me breakout small pimples all over my face.

Also, in case you're cautious with silicone in your skincare and cosmetics, DIMETHICONE is the fourth ingredient with a comedogenic rating of 1. Although, I don't think my skin reacted negatively with this ingredient since I use a Revlon face primer that has this ingredient.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After having gone through a smaller tube of this stuff and purchasing a larger bottle, I feel it's time I can review it. For reference, I have ridiculously oily skin even in dry climates, but I rarely have acne problems that are not related to stress or hormones. I use Cetaphil's oily skin cleanser every morning, occasionally at night, and every two-three days, I use Aztec Healing Clay mask. After each I use this moisturiser. (After the mask I tend to use a bit more of it.)

The DDMG is hydrating without becoming greasy or oily. It feels good on my face and settles in fairly quickly, within a minute or so depending on how much I've put on and how vigorously I'm massaging it in. With other moisturisers I would sometimes get small dry patches on my cheeks and the tip of my nose and need more product, but I do not get those after applying this. I do not feel that this moisturiser advertises or has mattifying properties, which is fine. It does not make me break out or make my natural ruddiness any worse.

I didn't expect much from this moisturiser but it did surprise me, which is why I've purchased a full size bottle. Several other expensive brands have required me to use more product for those little dry flaky patches that cropped up, but not this one. I have not tried the regular DDM or the + one as they were not advertised for my skin type and the last thing I need is to blow money on stuff that makes my oil production worse. I will likely repurchase again unless I get a sample of something that does with this does, AND helps my oiliness!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love this moisturizer!! It feels light weight and a little goes a long way. My skin feels super soft and not oily. I have purchased this product 2 times already and 1 bottle lasts about half a year for me. I love the pump on the bottle too. Definitely recommend it!

on 9/9/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this stuff. I've been using it for a few months now and I really think this will be my forever moisturizer. I have oily/combination skin and therefore is hard to find a moisturizer that doesn't make me grease u on my t-zone. With this one I don't get oily and I feel my face really hydrated after applying this moisturizer. A little goes a long way, I only use one pump and that is enough to apply on my face.

on 8/11/2013 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have purchased this moisturizer on more than one occasion. While it isn't a miracle worker for me or probably the best one out there: it does alright for my skin, which is combination and I do have severe acne. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin more than it already is, but it doesn't make it all better either - it just keeps it consistent, I guess you could say... The price is very affordable too. If I just have oily skin with less acne, I definitely would use this more.

on 7/16/2013 3:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Stopped using it after about a month or two - made me break out like no other, and started a skin problem I'm still recuperating from 2 years later. The ingredient list is horrible, btw. If you want to be kind to your skin, avoid.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG! I normally would use the dramatically different lotion, which I've always been just okay with, but my mom bought me this for my birthday. I love you, momma. This is the only face product that I've ever used that has significantly improved my skin. My face is super sensitive to breakouts from certain products, the lotion seemed to maintain my old skin, but this gel has seriously transformed it. It's like I have new baby skin. I was a bit skeptical of the gel formula, but it absorbs so well and works so perfectly under makeup. It almost acts like a primer, the finish is not greasy... It's just slightly sticky. My face should seriously be drilled for oil, it's so bad... But this moisturizer keeps it under control. I work out & go cycling daily and my face has never looked more dewy and glowy in this south texas humidity. I started using this in conjunction with loreals bb cream, but I'm giving the credit to this moisturizer. Healthy & happy skin can look awesome with only a light coverage foundation product and I'm so fortunate to have finally found the perfect skincare.. It only took 9 years.. Gahh! I've never loved a product more. The price tag is completely worth it. I've used it for a month, morning and night, and barely put a dent in it. If you're oily & active you ought to give this a shot!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Finally found a moisturizer that's neutral with my skin! Definitely for the folks with oilier and combo type skin. It's pretty light so I wouldn't suggest it for dry skin. (Dry/Acne look into Vivier product line). Fragrance-free. Awesome stuff- usually do more at night and a very small amount during the day. Peace!

on 5/7/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Another dud which makes me sad. :( The gel formula is very nice and it absorbed easily and hydrated my skin well. It was also great under my makeup but then, clogging and breakout mania. The worst move on my part is that I did patch-test on the side and back of my neck for about a week and got acne, but still risked it and tried using it on my face. I was asking for it, I guess. Still then, I recommend if you're acne-prone to do that first and decide whether or not to take the chance.