Shiseido "Perfect Whip" Foam

Shiseido

4.1

Water, Potassium Stearate, PEG-8, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Myristic Acid, Lauric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Beeswax, Phytosteryl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.

on 6/8/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

N/A

on 6/4/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This gives a lot of fluffy, super-bouncy foam -- really satisfying texture to wash with! However, it's really stripping and it's got such a basic pH that I don't think I should keep using it. Way too harsh.

Trashed.

I bought this cleanser on a whim while at the asian grocery store, T&T for $6.49. It was cheap and I needed one.
I have combination skin, with a really oily t-zone and really dry cheeks. This cleanser seemed to balance my skin very nicely.
I was a bit hesitant to use as the cream seemed a bit greasy, but I have found that it did not make my face breakout, and in fact after I finished the tube and moved to another cleanser, by skin started reacting a bit. After washing my face, I did feel as if it left a slight film after rinsing, but it was a bit refreshing from the tight and dry feeling other cleansers left my face, and there were no breakouts. I use white towels to pat my face dry, so I can see if there is makeup left after washing, and I know this cleanser removes all the makeup. The cleanser itself lathers a lot so a little goes a long way. The texture is a smooth silky light cream. I used it with my Shiseido facial brush and it foams really well.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have 7 backups of this in my wardrobe, which really shows how much I love this product too! My DH loves it as well, which is rare for a man who doesn't really care what skincare he uses. A little is all you need for this product, it lathers up really well, cleansers and washes off without drying up my skin. The product comes in a squeeze tube, with a cap/cover which you can remove to dig up the remaining product with your fingers. Thoughtful. Not to mention this product is DIRT CHEAP in Japan, which explains the 7 backups - probably enough to last me maybe 3 years, I reckon. :)

on 4/10/2012 11:47:00 PM

Overrated IMHO. It's just a cleansing foam that costs twice as much as my other japanese cleansing foam. It foams and it cleanses and there isn't much else to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is a basic cleanser more suitable for oily skin. I used this often when I lived in asia in a humid climate - it was more appropriate then. In drier climates, I find this dries my skin out too much. I stopped using this to try other gentler cleansers, then came back to this on a whim one day. My skin felt uncomfortably dry afterwards (I used it with the clarisonic so it may have exacerbated the dryness) and I broke out by the next day from the dryness. I promptly tossed it in the trash and will not buy this again. It may work for oily skin but I prefer gentle face washes that don't leave my skin feeling "squeaky clean" and dry.

on 10/2/2011 12:47:00 PM

Definitely a keeper. I love this cleanser too! I wish i knew of it earlier! I love how it lathers up and I can use it for so long. Keeps my face looking spotless. Great value for money Shiseido! :P

on 10/19/2011 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Fantastic product. Need only the tiniest amount to create a lot of lather. Maybe lather isn't the right word. It's not foamy or bubbly per say, but feels more whipped and marshmallowy. It's the weirdest texture but feels fantastic. ANNDDD it doesn't break me out and it leaves my skin feeling nice and clean.

on 11/19/2011 5:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser after seeing the great reviews here and I have to say I haven't been disappointed. It cleans my oily, sensitive skin without irritation and leaves it less shiny and greasy in hot and humid weather. It also has a pleasant smooth texture and almost no scent. It's a good cleanser for travel as it comes in a sturdy tube. I do find it a bit drying though if I use too much or don't rinse it off well. You really need to use just a little bit and foam it up well in your hands before putting it on your face. It also might be a bit harsh in dry or cold weather or for people with dry skin. I've been using it for a few weeks now and judging from that, it seems that one tube will last for months.

on 9/30/2011 7:14:00 AM

it's official. been using this for 2 weeks now and my skin never felt or looked cleaner.
pros:
cleans even the deepest of pores
the smallest amount make a loooooot of foam
cheap for the quality
cons:
the smell is pretty slight but smells like chemicals i wouldn't normally want to have around my face still not enough to make me even try a new cleanser.
thumbs up to the Japanese!