Victoria's Secret Love Spell

Love Spell

3.3

on 10/16/2007 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't know... I used to love this smell, but I think I overused it, and now I get nauseous every time I think about this smell. So I'm not sure if I would recommend it or not.
I probably would, if you have never used it before.

Love Spell is one of my favorites. It's really great in the summertime, but it's also good to put some of the lotion just on your arms in the winter for a hint of the scent. I use the lotion and then use Clinique Happy Heart perfume and I get compliments every time. And I'm really getting sensitive to perfumes, like Body by Victoria makes me sneeze, and this doesn't bother me at all.

on 8/24/2007 11:52:00 AM

The new bottles are cute, but I absolutely HATE the Secret Garden collection from Victoria's Secret. It is TOO fruity / floral / sweet smelling, especially Love Spell. GAG!!!

on 8/12/2007 6:06:00 PM

Smells pretty good, but way too common. It's very popular, and the smell lasts pretty long too.

Ugh, I really don't know why this is so popular. My grandmother used to buy the lotion for me and my sister when we were younger, and I never liked it. For some reason it reminds me of children's chewable tylanol. I hadn't smelled it in a awhile, and then last week a girl I know sprayed herself with it (constantly) and made me feel quite nauseous... its too overpowering and sickly sweet.

on 7/12/2007 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Smells like plastic on my skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

We don't have Victoria's Secret stores where I'm from so the first time I tried Love Spell was as a sample dupe from an etailer. I had never smelled it before and as soon as I did I thought mmmm very peachy and fruity and floral all at the same time. I was completely in love with it. I have since stocked up my collection through online purchases. Although I love the original VS Love Spell I actually find it has too much alchohol in it. I actually prefer the etailer dupes they are less potent. It is definately not a common scent around these parts. It's one of my favorite smells now and I always get compliments when I wear it.

This is the most overrated scent ever. I agree with the person who said that all the high school sluts used this to cover the smell of cigarettes. That's exactly how it was at my school. When I smell this on people, it gives me a headache and I've never gotten headache from any other fragrances. The smell is way too strong, even if you apply just a tiny bit. When someone walks into a room wearing Love Spell, the whole room starts smelling like it. Very gross...

on 5/10/2007 2:44:00 AM

I know this one is all over the map as far as reviews are concerned. Those who love it and those who love to bash it. I will just say that for me its headache inducing. It comes across so chemical smelling. I just cant do it. I am not sure that I should either since I am 41. Maybe its for someone younger and thats great. I will say. Dont let any review decide for you. If something smells great on you and you like it. Then go for it. Life is too short to not enjoy things.

on 4/5/2007 5:51:00 PM

Although I cant stand this fragrance any more, I can appreciate that it always brings me back in time whenever I smell it. 10th grade was the year this scent was in and I dont think Ive gone near it since. Although it is unique in a way, its just too sweet and overpowering for me as an adult. But, I guarantee that if you were to search 1 out of 10 teenage girls bedrooms, about half would probably have this scent. It's the scent that won't die!

Popular Fragrances