Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

Maybelline Volum' Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

3.4

I heard such great review about this mascara, so of course the "mascara girl" I am, thought I'd give it a try, the pharmacy near my house was paying the tax that day. Overall I give it two thumbs down. It really doesn't thicken the lashes at all, forget about lengthening. After 2 coats it looked like I had short stubby lashes. My kind of mascara is one that you don't have to put too much effort applying esp. in the morning when I don't have much time. After 6 coats my lashes looked like my lashes nothing special any cheap mascara from the dollar store could achieve this. For those of you looking for a mascara to give you length, volume, the look of false lashes, this is not it. Try CG Fantastic Lash, Dior Show. I gonna give this one to my Mom that's if she wants it.

on 5/20/2004 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mascara is the worst mascara I ever bought. It's supposed to give you volume but all it did was clump up and leave my eyelashes very thin. It's also waterproof but when I wake up in the morning I wake up with racoon eyes. I don't suggest that anyone buy this if your looking for a macara with volume.

on 5/14/2004 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Ick!! This stuff is awful. It's a thick mascara that makes my lashes look short, stubby and clumpy. I could not get it to coat my lashes evenly. This, along with great lash, is pretty darn lousy.

on 5/4/2004 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nu-uh. No way will you ever get me to buy this product again. I have very oily skin even around my eyelids so I make it a point to test-drive all eye makeup in the safety of my home. This didn't even last an hour and a half on me before it started smudging like crazy. It does have a nice soft texture but what use is that if most of it ends up migrating to my under-eye area? Also not a very good thickener or lengthener.

on 3/22/2004 11:15:00 AM

Why why why did I buy this? I got the 2 for 1 deal (regualar and waterproof - I didn't like either.) in Jet Black for under $4. oh my word this mascara SUCKS! It's dry and does NOTHING for me. It reminds me of Great Lash...I really think they are the same formulas! I would not repurchase this at all...and I'm really glad I only spent $4!

on 6/20/2011 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

hmm got to change this review!
I have been getting panda eyes every time I used this on a warm day even though I only applied it onto my upper lashes. However, the effect is great on my long but thin lashes ( full, defined, natural- looking) so it's always in my bag- along with lots of tissue and a small mirror, just to make sure that the waiter doesn't serve me bamboo.

I tried this one recently as the blue tube version has always been a good fall back and doesn't budge in water. It promises 5x thickness whereas the blue tube version of this is 3x. Application is really good, and it looks good for a few hours, definitely thicker than the blue tube formula, but the tradeoff seems to be that this one does start to creep away from your lashes after a few hours of wear. And I never tried it in water.

on 3/14/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

When i bought it i remember me liking it...however it was my first mascara. maybe it was good then. i hear that mascaras "get bad" after a couple months. mine smells funky too. and when i use it now it is HORRIBLY clumpy and won't lengthen. it does make them thick though. too bad that thick lashes are not sexy when its filled with clumps. i'm sure you've seen people with those lashes from time to time. ick. it's also very hard to take off if you don't have a eye makeup remover. well honestly, i don't disbelieve the people who swear it looks so fabulous on them, but mine doesn't look good on me at all.

on 2/17/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

CONTINUE FOR PICTURES

With two coats on.

I wanted to try this mascara out since it had decent reviews on makeupalley. I did not like it at all. The formula is very wet. For a waterproof mascara, it did not hold my curl all that well. Thickening was so so. Ive tried a lot better that are equally affordable (MAX Factor Lash Perfection). continued >>

I am so disappointed by this mascara. In the first few days it isn't so bad but after that it is pretty awful. VERY clumpy and I find myself having to use my fingers to pick them out. It doesn't even put a bunch of mascara on your eyelashes; they look comparable to how they were beffore I applied the product! Overall, not a good buy.