Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1926 reviews

on 10/25/2011 10:53:00 PM

Oh my goodness. This perfume is amazing. It smells so sweet its intoxicating. Whenever I put this on, I get compliments from SO MANY PEOPLE.

I walked into the office to drop off the attendance one day and the person working at the counter asked me if I was eating marshmallows and I said no and maybe it was my fragrance. She complimented me on it and immediately asked me to jot down the name of the fragrance.

So there's this cute boy in my History class, I put this on one day and he was sitting beside me for a project. He was all like "Who smells like cookies?" and then he leaned in closer to me and was like "You smell like cookies... That's such a turn on... mmm" And he kept coming closer to m and trying to sniff me.
GIRLS, IF YOU WANT TO BE A GUY MAGNET, THIS STUFF WORKS.

It starts off as like a cotton candy scent, then maybe a marshmallow scent then a sugar cookie scent. EITIHER WAY IT'S SIMPLY DELICIOUS.

I think this perfume is great to use during Winter and Summer because it's so sweet and it delightfully contrasts the bitter cold Winter here in Canada, and the cotton candy smell is just perfect for Summer.

Loves it!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

One word: NAUSEA!
It smells like cotton candy, vanilla, burnt plastic and alcohol mixed together. So sweet it'll burn your insides. It evokes bubble gum, Britney Spears, and overly happy clowns- so peppy that they're actually pretty scary. It is the king of vile vanillary scents. I don't even use this kind of extreme language, but this perfume was worth my effort- I'm sick of cringing silently. Only prepubescent girls have any business wearing this!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really love Pink Sugar. I didn't at first, because although I do like sweet, seductive scents, this one was a little over the top for me. I recently turned 40 and I figured I just really don't need to go around smelling like cupcakes and cotton candy, which is what it smelled like to me, on other people.

It seems however, that I have some kind of weird chemistry with this scent. I didn't realize it until I squirted some on my wrist in Ulta on a whim. I get the typically sweet notes but I also get a citrusy fruity note that keeps it from being too cloying. It's almost fresh smelling. Weird. I don't wear it terribly often...mostly when I'm feeling young and flirty...but it's nice to have in my fragrance wardrobe when I'm in the mood for something different. I thought it was a nice novely, but didn't expect to purchase it again. However, I'm almost out, and finding that I'm sad to see the end of it. I think I'm going to have to have more.

Sometimes it pays to try a fragrance that you might not otherwise have chosen for yourself. I've been suprised several times that way.

on 10/29/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I hate this fragrance. I was expecting a nice sugar cotton candy scent, but to me, Pink Sugar smells like pepper, licorice and 2 grains of sugar. It's absolutly vile, and it's not just my body chemistry making it smell this way - smelling it from the bottle and on a piece of paper, it smells exactly the same way.

on 7/10/2007 7:56:00 PM

Hello, my name is J, I'm in my mid-twenties, somewhat past my teenybopper phase. . .and I quite like Pink Sugar. So many women seem to view their fondness for this fragrance as a dirty secret, it's kind of funny. Even the SA at Sephora was embarrassed to admit that she wears it! No, it's not the most sophisticated fragrance I've ever worn, but so what? It's fun, it's sweet, it's cozy and comforting yet still light, and it makes me smile. On me, Pink Sugar is all sugared fruit (maybe with a splash of liqueur) for a couple hours before settling into a lovely sweet, slightly musky drydown. I agree with the reviewers that say this fragrance is for anyone of any age craving a simply sweet, happy, casual, and (dare I say) "cute" scent. Honestly, what fun is it to be so grown up and sophisticated that we can't enjoy a sweet treat once in a while?

Someone earlier said in their review that "women hate it- men love it" I can definitely see that. I didn't find it to be particularily long lasting, but it just smells GOOD. Unique and girly. I am 27 and think any age can wear this. I can't say exactly what it smells like but it makes me think of cake, sunshine, cookies, cotton candy, summer, long hair and lip gloss. In short- this is a "girl's girl" perfume.*UPDATE- scent finally wore on me and I have left it for a more 'womanly' scent.....sandalwood and bergamont, anyone? I have come to the conclusion that it is not for women who are over high-school age.

on 1/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this! I've been seeing alot of reviews for this lately, so decided to "sniff" it out the last time I was at Kohl's... It went home with meπŸ˜ƒ. I'm 48 yo, and I definitely don't mind smelling like cotton candy and vanilla.. I used to love the body spray "Vanilla Cupcake" by Bodycology, but have been unable to find it since my last bottle over 4 years ago.. Sure, there's a lot of candy type scents at Bath and Body Works, but sprays aren't long lasting. After reading a lot of reviews here that say "Candy" by Prada is the high end version of a sweet scent, I will be treating myself to that too! My scent taste runs from Black Opium, to LVBelle by Lancome, and this Pink Sugar will definitely have its place among those.

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

This is my day go to fragrance. It's a nice sweet, vanilla scent. I get a lot of complements on it. The hair perfume is just as nice, and if you're in a budget it only runs about $13-$15. I generally pick up the perfume at Kohl's when I have Kohl's cash or rewards and usally only have to drop $10 out of pocket. I've seen this a TJmaxx also, however when I sprayed it, smelled like baby powder (maybe it was old or a knock off).

on 6/1/2016 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

On my third bottle I use it slowly because I've been buying this for years. I have a back up bottle as well. My son thought I was making cotton candy one day when I sprayed it lol it has a strong burnt caramel note but I like these types of perfumes more than fruity and flowery ones. Sweet perfumes tend to last longer than florals do. And in my opinion yes it does smell similar to prada candy but the difference is ps has the strong burnt caramel smell and pc has more of a perfumey undertone like an old powerhouse fragrance with sweets over it. I really like prada candy don't get me wrong but ps is cheaper so I'll stick with it instead. One thing I've noticed is the older this perfume gets the better it smells .. My current bottle I'm using is almost gone and I've had it for a while and I noticed the smell isn't so much cotton candy now it's more of a caramel cookie type scent .. I had it on the other day and kept smelling cookies then realized it was my perfume.. This ones a true keeper it lasts and smells divine in fresh or old form and not too many perfumes last so I reccomended this and the price point is more than affordable .. I love to smell like pink sugar πŸ’‹

Popular Fragrances