Aquolina Pink Sugar

1919 reviews

on 10/29/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I hate this fragrance. I was expecting a nice sugar cotton candy scent, but to me, Pink Sugar smells like pepper, licorice and 2 grains of sugar. It's absolutly vile, and it's not just my body chemistry making it smell this way - smelling it from the bottle and on a piece of paper, it smells exactly the same way.

on 7/10/2007 7:56:00 PM

Hello, my name is J, I'm in my mid-twenties, somewhat past my teenybopper phase. . .and I quite like Pink Sugar. So many women seem to view their fondness for this fragrance as a dirty secret, it's kind of funny. Even the SA at Sephora was embarrassed to admit that she wears it! No, it's not the most sophisticated fragrance I've ever worn, but so what? It's fun, it's sweet, it's cozy and comforting yet still light, and it makes me smile. On me, Pink Sugar is all sugared fruit (maybe with a splash of liqueur) for a couple hours before settling into a lovely sweet, slightly musky drydown. I agree with the reviewers that say this fragrance is for anyone of any age craving a simply sweet, happy, casual, and (dare I say) "cute" scent. Honestly, what fun is it to be so grown up and sophisticated that we can't enjoy a sweet treat once in a while?

Someone earlier said in their review that "women hate it- men love it" I can definitely see that. I didn't find it to be particularily long lasting, but it just smells GOOD. Unique and girly. I am 27 and think any age can wear this. I can't say exactly what it smells like but it makes me think of cake, sunshine, cookies, cotton candy, summer, long hair and lip gloss. In short- this is a "girl's girl" perfume.*UPDATE- scent finally wore on me and I have left it for a more 'womanly' scent.....sandalwood and bergamont, anyone? I have come to the conclusion that it is not for women who are over high-school age.

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

This is my day go to fragrance. It's a nice sweet, vanilla scent. I get a lot of complements on it. The hair perfume is just as nice, and if you're in a budget it only runs about $13-$15. I generally pick up the perfume at Kohl's when I have Kohl's cash or rewards and usally only have to drop $10 out of pocket. I've seen this a TJmaxx also, however when I sprayed it, smelled like baby powder (maybe it was old or a knock off).

on 8/25/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially this does come off a little harsh. You get this overwhelming, in-your-face scent of burnt sugar and citrus. However once it starts to dry down it becomes absolutely gorgeous. I get whiffs of it while wearing it and sometimes it smells like cotton candy, sometimes it smells like strawberry candy and sometimes it smells like baked goods. Also it stays on clothes and makes them smell lovely.
It's not a sophisticated scent of course, but it is extremely pleasant, even decadent.

on 3/13/2016 6:29:00 AM

I wear tom ford neroli portofino and tobacco vanilla so my tastes change depending on the climate in the time of year Etc..

I also wear this, it's sweet like cotton candy not synthetic not like high school cheap or an overpowering or floral I hate florals..
Nothing like PRADA CANDY WHICH SMELLS LIKE OLD LADY.
I'm in my 30's and find this perfectly tasteful well priced & honestly great to sleep in and I love the roller ball at Ulta and the discounts at Nordstrom Rack but I will definitely be checking for those chili peppers

I had been wanting to try this for ages. I finally bought some last weekend. At first I hated it, and couldn't see what all the fuss was about all these years. On my skin, its VERY licorice-y and very burnt smelling. However, if I spray it in my hair, or on my clothes, it's heavenly. So sweet, so yummy, so warm...that's when I see why everyone loves it. I'd definitely recommend spraying it on your clothes before you decide you hate it. I got the big bottle of it, and I'm pretty certain it'll last me forever because I usually don't wear the same scent repeatedly. I've got bottles of perfume that I bought over 10 years ago and I'm still using them. So, repurchasing really doesn't apply to me. Give it a shot, you never know what you might like.

Love the smell of this, and the packaging is cute. I used to wear this when I was in my early 20's and I got so many compliments on it, guys especially would tell me it smelled like candy. I'm too old for it now but it's a cute fragrance for younger women.

I would only not buy it again because I don't wear scents like this anymore.

on 9/6/2014 5:06:00 PM

Yes m'am, this stuff is very simply sweet, sweet, sweet. I love it. No, it does not evoke deep, dark, haunting memories, nor sophistication, but does every perfume have to ? I am not sure if it is exactly suitable for work, but definitely for romance if your guy is into sweet scents. The price is great and I think almost all gourmand lovers will want this in their wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't get discontinued, however there are so many good fakes out there that I am not too worried.

Popular Fragrances