Aquolina Pink Sugar

1925 reviews

on 10/29/2009 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I hate this fragrance. I was expecting a nice sugar cotton candy scent, but to me, Pink Sugar smells like pepper, licorice and 2 grains of sugar. It's absolutly vile, and it's not just my body chemistry making it smell this way - smelling it from the bottle and on a piece of paper, it smells exactly the same way.

on 7/10/2007 7:56:00 PM

Hello, my name is J, I'm in my mid-twenties, somewhat past my teenybopper phase. . .and I quite like Pink Sugar. So many women seem to view their fondness for this fragrance as a dirty secret, it's kind of funny. Even the SA at Sephora was embarrassed to admit that she wears it! No, it's not the most sophisticated fragrance I've ever worn, but so what? It's fun, it's sweet, it's cozy and comforting yet still light, and it makes me smile. On me, Pink Sugar is all sugared fruit (maybe with a splash of liqueur) for a couple hours before settling into a lovely sweet, slightly musky drydown. I agree with the reviewers that say this fragrance is for anyone of any age craving a simply sweet, happy, casual, and (dare I say) "cute" scent. Honestly, what fun is it to be so grown up and sophisticated that we can't enjoy a sweet treat once in a while?

Someone earlier said in their review that "women hate it- men love it" I can definitely see that. I didn't find it to be particularily long lasting, but it just smells GOOD. Unique and girly. I am 27 and think any age can wear this. I can't say exactly what it smells like but it makes me think of cake, sunshine, cookies, cotton candy, summer, long hair and lip gloss. In short- this is a "girl's girl" perfume.*UPDATE- scent finally wore on me and I have left it for a more 'womanly' scent.....sandalwood and bergamont, anyone? I have come to the conclusion that it is not for women who are over high-school age.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This perfume reminds me of pink fluffy unicorns dancing on a cloud of cotton candy Marshmallows liquorice and vanilla cupcakes with pink frosted icing and hundreds and thousands it is sweet but not at all cloying or head ache inducing It is by far the best gourmand I have ever smelt it is so pretty I'm in love:)

on 1/30/2018 11:46:00 PM

I really like this! I've been seeing alot of reviews for this lately, so decided to "sniff" it out the last time I was at Kohl's... It went home with me😃. I'm 48 yo, and I definitely don't mind smelling like cotton candy and vanilla.. I used to love the body spray "Vanilla Cupcake" by Bodycology, but have been unable to find it since my last bottle over 4 years ago.. Sure, there's a lot of candy type scents at Bath and Body Works, but sprays aren't long lasting. After reading a lot of reviews here that say "Candy" by Prada is the high end version of a sweet scent, I will be treating myself to that too! My scent taste runs from Black Opium, to LVBelle by Lancome, and this Pink Sugar will definitely have its place among those.

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

This is my day go to fragrance. It's a nice sweet, vanilla scent. I get a lot of complements on it. The hair perfume is just as nice, and if you're in a budget it only runs about $13-$15. I generally pick up the perfume at Kohl's when I have Kohl's cash or rewards and usally only have to drop $10 out of pocket. I've seen this a TJmaxx also, however when I sprayed it, smelled like baby powder (maybe it was old or a knock off).

on 8/25/2016 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially this does come off a little harsh. You get this overwhelming, in-your-face scent of burnt sugar and citrus. However once it starts to dry down it becomes absolutely gorgeous. I get whiffs of it while wearing it and sometimes it smells like cotton candy, sometimes it smells like strawberry candy and sometimes it smells like baked goods. Also it stays on clothes and makes them smell lovely.
It's not a sophisticated scent of course, but it is extremely pleasant, even decadent.

on 3/13/2016 6:29:00 AM

I wear tom ford neroli portofino and tobacco vanilla so my tastes change depending on the climate in the time of year Etc..

I also wear this, it's sweet like cotton candy not synthetic not like high school cheap or an overpowering or floral I hate florals..
Nothing like PRADA CANDY WHICH SMELLS LIKE OLD LADY.
I'm in my 30's and find this perfectly tasteful well priced & honestly great to sleep in and I love the roller ball at Ulta and the discounts at Nordstrom Rack but I will definitely be checking for those chili peppers

on 3/8/2016 9:00:00 AM

Every few years something talks me into trying this again. I've been hearing people rave about this since high school (im 31).

Most recently I have been hearing people call this the "cheap version of prada candy". I love prada candy! I saw kathleenlights rave about this and finally I caved, like hmm. Maybe this go 'round I'll see the magic.

I remember clearly that this perfume is strong-- so strong! I saw they have a "hair perfume" out now, so i figured I would test that out thinking it would be softer.

First off the packaging sucked bc every time I sprayed it the nozzle would leak-- leaving sugar/vanilla scented perfume oil all over. Maybe it was just that mine was defective.

Anyway-- to explain pink sugar.

It starts off with a blast of sugar. Almost a burnt sugar. Not terrible and as to be expected given the name--

Then on me the heart note is licorice. LICORICE--- it's screaming and pulling at my eye sockets. Licorice and lots of it!!

Ok ok. It calms down--- where we at now? Sugar is back. Ok. Vanilla. Hmm... I can live with this. Vanilla is ok.

An hour goes by-- you're being beat over the head with a warm burnt sugary vanilla. Two hours... 4 hours...

Do I get any musk? No. Florals? No...

Is there *anything* to cut down that cloying sugary vanilla confection. Nope. Not at all. It is with you-- just as strong until you eventually wash it off.

If you love sugary and sweet scents I can see someone loving this. I find this nauseating and headache inducing. It somehow gets heavier as it wears...

I think I finally learned my lesson, and this will be my final go around with this one.

Oh. And it is nothing like prada candy!! Just bc two scents are gourmand and vanilla and have a cylindrical bottle do not mean they are the same.

Candy is powdery and musky and soft and just amazing!! Not the same!!

Popular Fragrances