Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1915 reviews

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Aquolina Pink Sugar smells like cotton candy made and sold at the circus and fair. Sweet and robust. It brought back fond memories from childhood.

Cotton candy scent quickly turned into the scent of a burnt marshmallow over a campfire. I like the smell of a burnt marshmallow while roasting marshmallows, but I don't want to smell like one myself. Drydown changes from burnt marshmallow to burnt sugar in a saucepan.

Bottle is attractive. I like the pink swirls intertwined on the bottle. It reminds me of ribbons.

UPDATE-Previous rating of two lippies because top notes brought back fond memories as a child going to the circus. However, sprayed this again at the store, and the overwhelming sugar burnt in a saucepan smell overrode memories. This stuff is potent burnt sugar. I wanted to like this, because it's a fun fragrance, but it didn't work with my body chemistry.

on 12/11/2014 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have been seeing this perfume around for a long time; I remember my first time seeing the bottle at Sephora when the new Sephora opened up here at Square One Mall. I only recently bought the 1.7floz bottle at Shopper's Drugmart for $19.00. I'm glad I found it for cheap as I don't think I would have spent the $40.00 or so on it at Sephora.

I have super mixed reviews on this product (I'm a Gemini, I'm always torn two-ways):

First of all, my CONS:
- Liquorice undertone is super heavy on me when I first spray it; dry-down takes about 1 hour for me (my chemistry always makes musk stand out).
- Not a complex, refined scent like I am used to (feels "cheap").
- Too pricey if not bought at discount.

Secondly, my PROS:
- Total guilty-pleasure. I am a sucker for sweet gourmand scents and this totally hits the spot.
- Dry-down smells amazing after first hour of burnt sugar/liquorice, and the sillage/staying power is excellent.

I can honestly say I love this perfume. It's a guilty pleasure for me as I love to smell edible ;-). I would never have bought it if it wasn't on sale though, I think regular price is much too expensive for this unidimensional perfume (my absolutely favourite perfume is "The One" by Dolce and Gabbanna, which is a complex/refined not-too-sweet scent).

I looove this. It smells like black licorice for a short amount of time, then starts to smell like cinnamon rolls and vanilla. It is so good. The sillage is decent and the scent lasts for about half a day, fading quite a bit. The only bad thing about this is it makes me crave cake and cinnamon rolls. One of my guy friends asked me what perfume I was wearing, and said I smelled like food but in a good way. I wore it to the strip club once and the dancers kept saying how good I smelled :)

I first bought this 7 years ago from Ulta when I was 16. Either I got a bad bottle, or my body chemistry is different now, because I remember it smelling just like burnt plastic, licorice, and something sour when I sprayed it on. So I hated this for years and I'm happy I can finally enjoy it!

on 11/22/2014 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Amazingly successful blind buy! I usually don't buy fragrances unsniffed, but I read somewhere if you like Philosophys Falling In Love (my current favorite) then you'll enjoy Pink Sugar. I was very reluctant to buy it because many reviews stated it has a sweet-burnt sugar/caramel-licorice scent, definitely NOT my type of fragrance. I usually reach for fresh, aquatic, citrusy, floriental scent. So I took the plunge and bought it. First impression, WHOOOAAAA it's strong, sweet with strong licorice note, I wasn't sure if i hate or like it. Tried again and again and it quickly grew on me and fell in love with PS. This is perfect for winter and bedtime because it's warm and comforting. Yummm!!!

For reference my favorite fragrances: Sensi White Notes, Amazing Grace edp, Falling In Love edp, Summer Grace, Acqua Di Gio
Dislikes: BS Fantasy, Gucci Flora, JS Fancy Love, D&G Pour Femme, Gold Sugar, HM Pink Butterfly edt

on 11/7/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. I love all things pink and glittery, and I feel that this perfume fits into that category. It is so intoxicatingly sweet that not everyone is going to love this perfume, but that's okay. Though I have yet to meet a man who does not love the smell of this stuff. Upon first spray I do not like the scent. On me it opens with a strong licorice scent. After twenty minutes or so that subsides and develops into a heavenly burnt sugar that is warm and comforting. I find it is quite long-lasting. By the end of the day it has definitely faded, but its always still there lingering on my skin.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It is okay. Has a definite bakery-type scent to it. To me it seems geared towards junior high school age girls or very young women. If you like sweet, bakery type smells, you might like this. I like sweet bakery smells, however there is some note in this that to me is just 'very young' and this seems to have a rather strong chemical and alcohol scent to this.

I feel it's a little overpriced for what it is.

To me, this is a perfume that does not stand out from the crowd or is not 'unique'. The bottle does not look like a higher-priced bottle (and yes I know many more perfumes out there much more $$$), but to me, this looks like a drugstore dupe-type-of bottle.

But if you like cutesy things and really sweet bakery type smells, you might like this. I did not totally dislike it, just thought it was a little overpriced for what it is; which to me is nothing better than a drugstore perfume, and the smell to was really nothing special, and I just could not get past the chemical/alcohol scent that I detected with this. To me that says "cheap perfume"..and this is not really a "cheap perfume". But the scent of this does last all day for me...So there is that! :)

on 11/7/2014 5:56:00 PM

OK I am middle aged so marketing says I should not like this - I love it. It is sweet like marshmallow fluff with caramel sauce and candy floss. I would not like this in high summer but in the depths of winter it reminds me of summers at the fairground and that makes me smile. So the marketers can go to hang. I am wearing this with pride.

on 9/6/2014 5:06:00 PM

Yes m'am, this stuff is very simply sweet, sweet, sweet. I love it. No, it does not evoke deep, dark, haunting memories, nor sophistication, but does every perfume have to ? I am not sure if it is exactly suitable for work, but definitely for romance if your guy is into sweet scents. The price is great and I think almost all gourmand lovers will want this in their wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't get discontinued, however there are so many good fakes out there that I am not too worried.

on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorites. Smells sweet like candy and vanilla, but it is very potent. I have to agree with some people that you have to be careful with how much you spray because it is very strong and if you do too much it will be a BAD thing lol for you and those around you. If I spray too much I can get a head ache, but that goes for any perfume for me. I was surprised to see it was only rated a level 4 on EWG meaning it doesn't have nearly as many bad chemicals in it as other perfumes (I do consider this actually with a lot of fragrances as I am trying to go more natural). It isnt too expensive and the packaging I saved! If you like sweet/food smells and wanna give your boyfriend cavities get this ^___^ <3

Lippies for price and packaging. This is one of my MUA *kicks dirt* moments. I really, really, really wished this had worked for me but it smells stale to me. I smelled like old, or maybe burned vanilla.

Popular Fragrances