NARS Jungle Red

NARS Jungle Red
NARS jungle redJungle Redjungle red <3

4.6

on 12/8/2005 11:40:00 AM

Jungle red has an accompanying lip liner in the same exact shade making the perfect red lip that much easier. This red is blue based and is fairly bright, definitely the classic screen siren red. If you prefer something a little bit more subdued but still very red, try Red Lizard, which I think is infinitely more easy to wear and flatters most skintones, Jungle red will not flatter everyone, but those who it looks good on REALLY look good in it.

on 7/29/2005 10:34:00 AM

I'm suprised that this great red has received so few reviews, especially given the Nars love on the boards. That being said, this is a medium cool-toned red that really brightens skin and leaves teeth looking whiter. Unlike many reds, this shade also works for a daytime look when paired with neutral eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Wow, I can't believe this hasn't been reviewed yet and I can't believe that I had this on my list ready to swap away! I received this and had only tested it on my hand, thinking it to be too bright for me because I thought I could only wear brick reds. I decided to give it a try on my lips because I really need a red lipstick for an event coming up. This is a gorgeous red, it brightens my whole face, even without makeup on, I looked awake and pretty! Makes your teeth look really white as well, no oranginess in this one! Jungle Red seems to be a color that would look good with pink or neutral shadows. The formula, like most Nars lipsticks is also a dream. For reference, I'm a yellow-toned, warm PPP, red hair, brown eyes. :-)

on 6/16/2004 6:54:00 AM

As a girl with yellowish undertones, I wasn't overlly awed with this one. It is very blue so if you are coll toned, this might be something for you. It wasn't bad but it was just not for me. As always, it has a great formulation as do all NARS lipsticks

on 7/2/2004 9:51:00 AM

This is a gorgeous cool-tone red RED, straight out of a 90s Madonna video. I have pale (NW20) skin with fairly neutral tones, so can pull off both warm and cool looks. The great thing about this red is that it 'wakes up' your face and really brightens your skintone, even without makeup. It also has the advantage of making teeth sparkle. The finish is very matte, and a bit dry, so I like to put a touch of lip balm underneath it, but the matte look is very nice with such a loud color--I think shine with this would be overkill, and a bit passe. Apply this with a lip brush, since precision is key with such a dramatic color.