Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream

Dr. Hauschka Quince Day Cream
Quince Day Cream

3.8

Water/Aqua, Apricot Kernel Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Quince Seed Extract, Alcohol, Carrot Root Extract, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Avocado Oil, Marsh Mallow Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Quince Peel/Fruit Wax, Hydrolyzed Lecithin, Bentonite, Witch Hazel Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Xanthan Gum 5/29/09

i keep trying to find a less expensive moisturizer i like as much, or almost as much, as this one - but alas, nothing comes close and so i shell out the $32 for this amazing product. It is calming, moisturizing, and leaves my skin with a to-die-for glow. when i started using this, i stopped feeling like i needed foundation. Some reviewers find it too rich - the trick is to use a very small amount, emulsify it between your fingers, and then pat it into the face. it has a little beeswax in it, which gives a little film of protection to the skin. i like the texture, but i can understand that some may not, especially if they are more used to creamy consistencies. it smells like dr. hauschka. i mix it with a little drop of the Dr. h normalizing day oil every morning, and no other combo has ever kepy my skin so free of breakouts.

on 6/12/2006 9:27:00 PM

I love this cream. It's not too heavy and not too light. Smells great and does not cause breakouts. I only use in the morning after cleansing. I feel like my skin can breathe and i have beautiful tone and color to my complexion without any makeup.

I bought this on Ebay and have used it for a week. It works well under makeup and doesn't cause my face to breakout. I hate the price, but haven't found anything else that comes close.
Michelle

YUMMY! - You put this OVER the daily moisturizer if you need help rejuvinating your skin ...don't need to put a lot over the daily moisturizer, just a tad bit. You'll find that the more you use the whole Hauschka line, the less you'll need additional moisturizers and bells and whistles, as your skin begins to regulate itself (which is the whole point of the line)....***I say this in all my reviews about this line: to benefit of Hauschka (1) you have to use the whole line together to get the best effect, and (2) you have to use the line for at LEAST two months to REALLY see the difference. Check out my review for the Hauschka Cleansing Milk...it's a REALLY indepth review about the whole line....if you don't know where to get the line, I know spas and boutiques usually carry it, Whole Foods carries it, but I ALWAYS get my products at Sephora (sephora stands behind all the products they carry so it's a safe buy).

Woke up with my sensitive skin freaking out- too much retinol. My face hurt and was all red and blotchy and I didn't dare use my regular BP lotion and further irritate my face. I'm so glad I tried my little sample of the quince cream! I liked the essential oil/herbal fragrance and was delighted to see all the blotchy redness fade almost immediately. It didn't make me greasy over the course of the day. Don't know about long term use- but it is nice to have a day cream that gets the red out!
UPDATE! I began mixing this with my regular BP lotion every morning. Three days later I broke out like never before. Careful with this one if you are reactive.

on 5/9/2006 6:21:00 AM

This is my favorite of Dr H's facial moisturizers, and my staple cream when I can afford to be on the regime. I have really dry and sensitive skin, but this balances and clears my complexion. I tend to supplement with the much heavier Rose Cream at the beginning of the regime, or in cold weather, but once the Dr H regime has sorted my skin out, I can rely on this every day. It smells like herbs and citrus, tho' the scent fades pretty quickly. It's not too heavy, and it spreads pretty well so you don't need to use that much. I've griped about the crack-prone aluminum tubes elsewhere, so suffice it to say that the packaging is the only major drawback of this product. Oh yes, and there's also the annoyingly high price tag for all of Dr H's stuff. But given that this cream lasts me 3 months or so, the price isn't too bad.

This product might be good for the winter or as a night cream, but even at 31, it's still too heavy for me. If this is the lightest of all the day creams, I would never try the others! It is most definately a cream, not a lotion or simple moisturizer. It does leave a film on your face. However due to the natural ingredients, it doesn't break you out. The ingredients are: water, apricot oil, extracts from clover and quince seeds, alcohol, extracts from carrot, glycerin, shea butter, almond oil, olive oil, cetearyl alcohol, avocado oil, extracts from okra leaves, jojoba oil, bee wax, quince wax, lecithin, bentonite, extracts from witch hazel, citral, citronellol, geraniol, limonene, linalool, farnesol, benzyl benzoate, oakmoss lichen oil, xanthan gum.

Having had a very bad experience with Dr H Rose day cream I'm not sure what made me try this. BUT I'M SO GLAD I DID. It is totally different to "rose" even though the rose is intended for dry/sensitive (mine) I had a bad reaction to it NOT with the quince though my skin is really smooth and soft (though this could be the combination of Dr H cleanser and toner too). It will be interesting to see how my skin reacts in the depths of winter (central heating,cold wind from riding to work etc).IMO the smell is pleasant and not overpowering and I like the packing because it can be recycled. I was pleased to note that the packing material used by Elysia (British Supplier) can go on my compost heap.Edit sadly after a month my skin broke out horribly back to the drawing board.

on 2/6/2006 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like the quince day cream. It's moisturizing for dry skin without leaving a greasy feeling behind.

on 12/25/2005 12:30:00 AM

I have sensitive skin which is perfectly fine w/o moisturizer in some areas, very dry in others and eczema prone under the nose. I've also been subject to tiny whiteheads all over my face (and blackheads)... which is where my problems w/ this moisturizer begin. After using moisturizing day cream (which sucks sucks SUCKS), i switched to this cream. for the first couple of days i liked it; it absorbed into my skin well, smelled nice, gave me a healthy glow and felt clean. Unfortunatrely, I slowly developed tons of white heads all over my face, particularly my forehead and helft cheek... and it totally screwed up the corners around my mouth. While this helped maintain a healhty looking glow, it clearly clogged my pores and aggravated my skin at the same time. I would only advice Dr. Hauschka products to those w/ perfectly normal and adaptable skin, as well as older women w/ aging skin.. that's it!