Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.9

on 12/22/2016 7:59:00 PM

Absolutely adore this foundation. It's quite expensive however it is so worth it. I have dry skin and I don't think it clings to it at all. Each time I run out I buy more and although I use it everyday, since a little goes a long way it lasts for so long! The coverage is buildable and it doesn't feel thick or suffocating on your face. Honestly my holy grail of foundations!

on 12/22/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

"I see!" said the blind man. God in every magazine, in every YouTube review, in all my life I have heard of this very foundation. I finally purchased it this summer. I tested it about 3 times for very important events and dear Lord have mercy on me! I was blind now I can see. It is exquisite! The way this lays on my buttery brown complexion? Nothing short of amazing. And this photographs so beautifully! I have several car selfies to commemorate the times I wore this. Medium coverage, does set to a luminous finish, makes you look like money! Does not exacerbate oil production either. This is a very well-executed product. I will certainly purchase again.

on 12/12/2016 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my favorite foundation (alongside MAC's face & body)!

I'm an nc30 and my shade in this foundation is 5.75!

EDIT: I just ran out of my first bottle and decided to repurchase but this time i decided to go for shade 6, and it evidently looks better on me than 5.75!

I don't think one is darker than another, the only difference is in the undertone -6 is more yellow/golden whereas 5.75 is more peachy!

on 12/21/2016 3:14:00 PM

Someday girls/women will realize how much younger and fresh a luminous foundation is.. flat, matte looking skin is aging. This foundation was a big splurge for me, but worth every penny. I have been happy with Boots No7 luminous, and a few other satin finish/dewy foundations, but this gem is a true game changer. Long wearing, beautiful finish, and since a little goes a long way, the price is justified.

on 12/10/2016 7:04:00 PM

Being a Rimmel 24 hour stay foundation girl, I thought I'd splash out on an expensive foundation for my birthday!

I must admit, I'd always leaned towards a thicker foundation in the vain hopes it would stay on longer and give my blotchy skin an even finish. So using Armani Luminous Silk was a big leap for me (and my bank balance).

I was matched by the kindly gentleman on the Armani counter as a 5 (and a 5.5 once I've fake tanned). The shades match perfectly as I'm naturally pale with pinkish undertones.

The foundation itself smells beautiful and does feel silky because it has the consistency of a lotion rather than a cream. It's so easy to apply and a little goes a long way, which I feel is a nice new grown up mantra for me - rather than "slap it on, the more the better"!

The coverage, for me, is excellent but can be quite sheer around problem areas, like around my nose, and the classic "I have a 1 year old" eye bags but it's buildable. I feel it gives me a glow, but by no means does it give me a "dewy" look, I just feel a little more enhanced (for want of a better phrase) when I wear it.

It's a beautiful light foundation which doesn't give you that cakey feeling once you've applied. In other foundations I've used, I've found I could feel the residue on my hands if I touched my face. Or residue on my phone (!!) I work in an office and spend large parts of my day on the phone, it's nice to see, while using Armani that I haven't left half my face on the phone receiver. It also definitely lasts longer than previous foundations I've worn, as my dear fiancée has commented that I'm still wearing make up once I've finished a day at work!

My only issue with this foundation (after bottle number 3 and having the same problem with all) is that the pump gives up too quickly! So you find yourself thinking you're running out while you've still got over half the bottle left. That aside though, I'd definitely recommend purchasing this product!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing foundation, but too expensive for me personally for frequent use. I have oily skin, and I was shocked to see that my skin could tolerate this foundation. It gives a light to build able coverage and their entire line has a great color selection. It gives an incredibly natural, dewy, finish and lasts most of the day. Would be my holy grail for everyday wear if it wasn't for the steep price.

on 11/30/2016 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My favorite foundation. Works well with my hard to match skin tone. Easily bendable, smooth finish. Gives a natural finish - not too dewy, not too matte. Just right. I use this in 7.5 and use the real techniques blender.

on 11/20/2016 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I tried this foundation yesterday for a night out and its extremely full coverage. It held up throughout a night of dancing and drinking and still looked good when I got home. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because of the color range. The closest color I could find to match my skin tone was 7.5 (I'm NC40 in MAC) and it looked a little orange when I put it on. Also, I believe there is a gray tint to it. When I asked my daughter if the color matched me, she responded by telling me it looked gray. Then, when I saw the pictures from the night I wore this foundation, I understood what she was talking about. While everyone else's faces looked bright, mine had a dull, gray tint to it. For this reason, although this is a great foundation, I will not be buying it again unless they come out with a wider selection of colors.

One of my holy grail foundations. It's got a beautiful natural finish. A beautiful and buildable medium coverage that I can buff into the skin to even out the tone before going in with some spot concealing to cover up some PIHP. Lasts well on my with a light dusting of powder. Probably one of the most photogenic foundations I've ever used as well.

This is great foundation. Looks very good on my combination and during winter my skin can get a bit dry in T-zone. It has a solid wear of about 6 hours with primer and fixed with powder. I tried a couple of primers Guerlain D'or, Hourglass Veil and smash box photo finish and they all worked well with this foundation and I did not find that either had a increased wear vs the other. During the summer I did need to touch-up with powder after 4 hours of wear which is ok and expected for my type of skin. The only downside with this foundation I thought to be the shade range as it was very hard to find a right shade for my skin (NW 25 in MAC). I ended up buying 4.5 in luminous silk but I would need it to be a tiny bit more warm and darker for a perfect match. The 4.75 was much more cooler and the 5, 5.25 were lighter. Shades 5.5, 5.75 were dark and a too cool. A word of advise the shades in the giorgio armani line vary in their different foundation lines so the 4.5 in luminous silk is different from 4.5 in maestro so beware. The shade range are just weird for luminous silk, I ended up mixing my 4.5 with with a little bit of 2W1 Double Wear from estee lauder for a perfect match as I already had this other foundation which is too warm for my skin so they worked perfectly and they mixed well as I thought it would be just too expensive to buy another shade of the luminous silk (I would've bought the 6) for mixing and achieving a perfect match. During the peak of winter, I wore 4.5 by itself with some light contouring to provide some warmth to the shade in my face.