Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder

Ben Nye Neutral Set Colorless Face Powder
Neutral Set Colorless Face PowderNeutral Set Colorless Face PowderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set Colorless Face PowderNeutral Set Colorless Face Powder

4.5

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 7/30/2012 11:17:00 PM

I really wanted this product to be what everyone is raving about....unfortunately, it does NOT exceed my expectations. In fact, it's well below mine.

First, it controlled my oil for the first few days, but after that I was oily again :(

Second, after several hours, it begins to look cakey. I had to pat my face with my fingers to blend out the cakey-ness. How embarrasing.

I do like that it is fairy translucent and isn't too heavy. Other than that, I won't buy this product again.

on 7/8/2012 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great product!!! This powder is very fine and blends into your skin very easily. I use a powder brush to press this powder onto my eyes and cheeks after I apply eyeshadows and blush. Then I brush off the excess lightly all over my face. It helps me set my make up and keep oil off my face. I love it!!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My favorite setting powder! I use this in my kit as well as for myself. I wouldn't use this on all skin tones, even though it claims to be ok. Instead I would use the banana powder for tan/dark skin. Excellent price tag for how much you get.

on 6/6/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this based on the great reviews after I seen pretty cheap on a website. I tried it on half my face...my sampled side had an instant airbrush like quality but still looked natural. There was no trace of white and didn't affect the color my other makeup at all. For those claiming it does they must be heavy handed? I worked out pretty intense at home for half hour and ran to the mirror and reviewers were right, this STUFF IS INCREDIBLE. My makeup was still on and while I was pretty red, my makeup looked ten times better than the other half of my face without the setting powder. I'm pretty excited to own this product:)

on 5/30/2012 7:03:00 PM

After reading all the great reviews on this product, I decided to give it a try. I bought the "small" 1.75 oz on ebay for 6 USD, it wasn't until I received it that I realized how much powder you get for your money, you get a lot of product!. So far, its been great, it controls oil very well, sets the foundation nicely and leaves no white cast.

on 5/30/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

When I was a make up artist at Walt Disney Entertainment stocked this powder in every color/shage that we could get. So this product is old school to me. Males, females, stage, film, society ....it works for every application. It layers beautifully as well. Always a staple in my kit.
Love love love, did I say love it.

I love this powder!! This is HG status for sure. I was using Coastal Scents Silica Spheres (MUFE HD powder knock off) for a couple of years, and was happy with it for the most part. I decided to try this on a whim and it blows SS out of the water! My main gripe with SS was that when I used concealer on a blemish, after buffing on the SS with my Mac 187 brush the concealer would be rubbed off and I had to reapply. This doesn't happen with Neutral Set at all! It also sets my undereye concealer perfectly and doesn't crease all day. Neutral set seems to control oil better than SS too, although I don't have a huge issue with that either way. This provides a nice matte finish while still allowing the slight shimmer of my blush to show through. For the amazing price, you can't beat this powder!

on 5/12/2012 12:53:00 PM

Love it!!

I was after a setting powder for my foundation (Revlon colorstay) and bought this because of the good reviews on here. And I was definitely not dissapointed. I actually didn't realise how highly I rated it until I ran out and had to use another powder for a few days!

It sets my foundation beautifully, and although my nose becomes shiny after a while (I generally have rather dry skin, apart from an oily nose) I just dab some more powder over it and it's perfect again. It doesn't look cakey or dry... it can look a bit white-ish if you put too much on, but I find that can be easily removed with a powder puff (I've gone off brushes). Also works perfect for setting foundation/concealer under my eyes.

Not the most perfect packaging, but I just use an old powder jar I kept (having bought the biggest jar of Ben Nye I could get hold off).

So all in all I would say this is my HG powder and I'll be definitely sticking with it!

on 4/19/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I can't believe how long it took me to discover this product and now that I've used it, how can I ever live without it! I'm NC42 and have used for years MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder, MUFE and just recently purchased Chanel and all were absolutely useless in controlling my oil and terrible to take pictures with. You can use the crappiest foundation but use this powder to set and it will erase all the flaws. It literally leaves a lightweight feel and airbrushed look similar to MUFE HD powder but absolutely no whitecast whatsover! I was skeptical at first but I've taken a million pics in every light possible and it's just perfect. I also use this to dust over my eye primer and it sets no creasing at all. I'm overwhelmed at how amazing this product I tell everyone to purchase this ASAP. And it is so affordable I just can't bear to purchase anything else. The packaging is terrible but my unused Chanel powder top is currently being used to swirl and tap this product on.

on 4/16/2012 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Super quality powder

I was surprised that it's so difficult to find reviews on this powder. It's very finely milled and absorbs oil better than any other powder I've used. I have this in about 5 different shades....it may seem like over-kill but I'll explain how I use it to correct off-color (i.e. cheap) foundations.

I use the Neutral Set (Colorless Face Powder) to set all of my makeup and powders. This stuff absorbs in the skin and has no chalky residue. This powder is my go to oil blaster in the summer.

I use the Banana Viasge Powder in a similiar manner as the Neutral Set, but this one gives me face a touch of warmth. The color absorbs beautifully and doesn't look 'yellow', it just soaks up the oils, sets my concealer/foundation and adds a warm glow. I love this stuff!

I also have Coco-Tan, Chestnut and Sienna. These three are brown shades with different undertones. Chestnut is pretty much an exact match to my skintone. Coco-Tan has a slight orange undertone and Sienna has a more reddish undertone. Chestnut is in between.

While I can wear each of these powders over my foundations and still look great, I find that I can use them to counteract any foundations that have funky undertones when I apply them. For example, L'Oreal True Match foundations leave a weird greyish undertone on me....even when I set it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish or other powders. But when I set it with my Ben Nye powder in Sienna, it balances out the chalky grey tones and leaves me with a nice finish.

I can't say enough about these powders. I love them. You get 1.75 oz/49 gm. for pennies compared to Smashbox or MAC products. I only paid $3.75 for the tinted powders and $4.25 for the Neutral and Banana Visage powders!!! These can be purchased at most theatrical stage shops/costume shops or you can order online. I found a fantastic website for a wonderful company in Wisconsin that carries a wide variety of Ben Nye Products.