Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)
Ben Nye reviews, photos and discussion

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loooove this powder!! A l8ttle goes a long way with this so it'll definitely last you a long time..i never get cakey with this no matter how much i put on. It keeps my makeup set all day...i dont have oily skin but my friend does and i gave her some of this powder in cameo and now she wont use anything else.. It does have talc in it so it can cause flash back if it is not buffed in.. there is no odor to this powder. I havent had any problems with it irritating my skin or breaking me out. Its great for setting your undereye area with and brightening them up. .. if you are really pale ypu might wanna try the pink powder they have or cameo.. the only thing i guess i would change is the way the powder comes out but thats not to much of a problem for me..

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I dislike everything about this product. From the packaging to the formula! Everything!! I don't see what the whole hype is about. First off it's so messy and very drying, even on my oily skin. It does not prevent my concealer from creasing and no matter how little I use I always end up looking too powdery cakey and over-product. Also, this product is NOT meant for EVERY skin tone and yet I see EVERYONE using it. If you are fair it will not work for you and it also doesn't work good for some cool tones.
For reference I am an NC42 in Mac or Cashew on Este Lauder double wear. Which means this banana powder is perfect for my skin tone,I can honestly set my whole face with this & the color would be perfect, but this product is just too heavy and I dislike it so much. I have a full bottle that I haven't used and won't be using... That Natural Set in the other hand though it's a 4.5/5 for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really really loved this to start with, i used it to set my undereye concealer. the colour is great for that. but then it started making my undereyes look cakey. not sure why.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I couldn't wait to see what the hype was on this powder. The packaging is wrong and is hard to get out. Also after trying this and researching this I still don't know what it does! Is it a highlighter? Is it a setting powder? Either way I've tried both and it dosnt seem to highlight at all. It does set your makeup but I really think people need to stop copying Kim kardashian with this! This is for yellow undertone skin and everyone is using this following her foot steps! Match yourself up there are more colours to choose from! When I tried to use it as a highlighter it just blended into my skin leaving no highlighter at all. This is one of Ben bye luxury powders and I can't see the difference in this one and their original powders for only £10.50! I'd save myself the extra £15 a buy their original one!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love love! Holy Grail of mine. I was referred to this from a girl in the mac store, I use this for setting all my highlighted areas on my face! love. Been using now for 2+ years ;)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

(photos will follow - my camera died)

I was looking for a colour-correcting loose powder and I kept seeing Ben Nye's "Banana" recommended for both women of colour and very light-skinned ladies. That's a very bold statement to make, so I started looking into the powders themselves.

Do I actually need a new powder? Naw. Not reeeally. I've always liked MUFE's HD powder, and I love ELF's version, too and I own both**. I have cream correctors. But I persuaded my debit card that I did actually need it because of my ever-changing skin-tone.

After seeing Ben Nye's powders on Amazon and Ebay, it seemed that the prices were either horrendously expensive ($65 for the smallest size of Luxury Banana? Uh... no) or ridiculously cheap (Oh come on - if the shipping is more expensive than the product something tells me the product itself isn't likely genuine)

So, I went to one of the authorized dealers and ... snap, it was out of stock. They did however have a sale on the Fair translucent powder so I nabbed one, found another dealer and the wait list seemed shorter. I ordered it April 26th and it was shipped on 7th May.

Now there is a learning curve with the Banana powder and you might want to watch a youtube video or three, or visit some of the more reputable blogs for 'how to' and actual examples. You don't need a whole lot of this stuff so the 3 oz container should last you a looooong time.

For me, it sort of "connects' my foundation and concealer, and I can smooth it out to create a very soft glow. You don't want yellow skin unless you're naturally yellow-ish,,,,trust me. I have cirrhosis and I get jaundice at times... that's all the yellow skin I want to deal with thank you very much!

It also "sets" my look without leaving my face dry or cakey - it really is great for me. The price is actually incredible and it is a great investment .

I wish they'd make it easier to use though - the system is very awkward due to a silly lid that has no place being in a grown-up's collection.

Despite that, I give it a well-deserved A.

**(I'm still pouty because I had already bought MUFE when ELF's powder came out and it is truly indistinguishable from the MUFE powder. )

Price point and the quantity you get this is a great buy.. However this does not work for me. I know it's like the holy grail of eye setting powder but it darkens on me. I'm a NC25-30 in MAC and I use Nars Sand concealer as my eye concealer/highlight. If I dust this under my eyes I look like I have healing black eyes. I've tried different concealer and always got the same results. It's was soooo bad I would have to face my entire face and stared all over. I thought maybe I could use it as an all over setting powder but it still darkens my complexion in a very odd way. I do keep this around for when I do other's makeup and I don't have any problems with other people.
The bottle is a pain in the butt too. I just shake the container then use whatever is in the cap, which ish plenty. If you try to dust it out it will get all over the place.

This is by far the worst loose powder I have used on myself and on clients!
What is the fuss. This is completely yellow that any beautifully applied foundation underneath would be hijacked by this unflattering jaundiced colour!

I can only see tan to dark skin tones pulling this off but certainly not fair. I applied this to set my concealer, bang, they both went yellow, my foundation, that went yellow too.

Really is only an over hyped product by so called makeup "addicts" and "enthusiasts" with no idea what they're taking about. The price depending where you buy it is premium. I could get better loose powders at the drugstore.

The texture is decent, but not the best The one brand making beautifully textured powders and shades is NARS.

It is a nice powder, I'll say that first. But not mush more then an Elf HD powder with a little yellow talc mixed in. I was hoping it would be luminous under my eyes but it ages me. It does look nice and velvety on my t-zone. It's decent and a good price for how much you get but I just don't get the hype. The packaging is also fairly annoying.

love this stuff my holy grail setting powder . check out my channel for tutorials and reviews