Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.3

on 9/19/2017 12:12:00 PM

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like this! One of my favourite foundations is the Estee Lauder Double Wear because of how well it controls oil and just lasts allllll day, but even on my combo-oily skin it can feel too heavy and tight and drying sometimes so I don't like wearing it for day to day wear. I feel like the Fenty Beauty foundation has everything I like about Double Wear but without the cons.

It doesn't control oil or last as long as Double Wear (I would say after about 8 hours it starts to look kinda oily and patchy), but it has the same matte finish (if a bit softer) and very good coverage and the best part is how comfortable it is to wear. I honestly can forget that I'm wearing foundation, it is that lightweight, plus I don't feel like this dries out my face at all. I think you build coverage more quickly if you apply with a brush, but I find that I get a nicer finish with a sponge - you do use up more product this way though. For best results I would recommend pumping some on your fingers, spreading it over half your face and then pressing it into the skin with the sponge - repeat with the other half. Put more on the places you feel like you want to build coverage. The product does dry fairly quickly so I wouldn't recommend trying to do your entire face all at once as you may have some difficulty blending it in. The shade 260 Medium Neutral is also an excellent match for me - I am usually around a MAC NC30-35. Although I have surface-yellow skin (am Asian), I have more neutral undertones and this is one of the rare Neutral undertone foundations I've tried that still has enough yellow in it for me that it doesn't make me look weirdly pink.

BUT. I WILL say that if you have significant amounts of texture on your face - dry patches, acne bumps, very large pores - I would suggest looking elsewhere, because this one's a clinger. I don't have much texture (most of my skin issues are hyperpigmentation-related), but what little texture I DO have (I will sometimes get dry patches around my nose) it emphasises like crazy (this is why I have taken one lippie off my rating). I have however heard of dry-skinned people who love this foundation and didn't think it made their texture look worse, so I guess different strokes for different folks. Though I would hands down recommend this for oilier skin types, I would be more cautious about getting this if you have dry skin.

Conclusion : If you've traditionally had issues getting a match in other foundation ranges because you have tricky-to-match undertones, the Fenty line's range of shades is one of its best features, so I would highly encourage getting colour-matched. Oilier skin types with little texture on the face are more likely to enjoy this as it provides a comfortable soft matte finish that does a good job with oil control and lasts pretty well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is my favourite foundation of all time and I am super picky. My skin went from oily to dry this past year. This blurred out my pores and didn't accentuate my dry skin. I have super acne prone skin and I had a few breakouts when I applied this but this never broke me out even after over 12 hours of wear (this is super rare for me, everything makes me breakout!) and covered my acne naturally.

I've tried all the Dior foundations, Lancôme, Giorgio Armani, prescriptives, tarte, urban decay, MUFE, nothing compares to this. I can see why some people say it's drying but I make sure I moisturize my skin really well before applying this and the finish is absolutely beautiful, very natural with a slight glow (I've only used it with a beauty blender so far and I'm shade 130, yellow undertones)

I feel bad for the people that wasn't able to love this foundation because I have never found a foundation I'd purchase more than once in the last 20 years but I will repurchase this one forever. Love love love!!

on 9/18/2017 12:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Ok, hear me out. Last week my friend ( Medium with yellow/olive undertones, oily t-zone) and I (Fair with neutral/pinkish tones, oily all over) went to Sephora and immediately went to the Fenty display. Everything is absolutely gorgeous looking. We both walked out with foundation (me 100, her 290) about one shade lighter since we heard many people say they oxidized. We also both bought the brush, which is beautiful, and I got a highlighter.

We put on our new foundation the next day and met up. I had problems immediately. Applying this foundation with the brush looked horrific. It immediately sank into pores and little indents I didn't even know I had. So I washed it off and tried my beauty blender. Much better. It dried and looked a little dull, but I know throughout the day it'll change. I did my usual routine minus setting spray as I wanted to see how it worked on its own. My friend used her Smashbox primer and the Fenty brush to apply hers. She liked the way it applied but did say her brush shed a little. So did mine.

We meet up during the day and go outside to look at each others makeup. So far...not so good. Coverage was eh, but we do realize we're used to heavier product. Every hair on each of our our faces was emphasized, which we've never seen happen before, and in some some areas it looked caked on. Ok, no big deal. This is a new formula for us both and we'll learn how to use it. About 3 hours into our day our skin started to very lightly get oily, which was great. Usually I am absolutely greasy by that point. But I looked in my mirror and noticed the areas around my mouth, chin and nose were really creased and patchy, so I used a concealer brush to smooth it out. Not looking so great. My friends makeup looked patchy as well, and every pore was visible. Maybe we did something wrong...

5 hours in and I needed to go home, I was so embarrassed. It had separated into something awful, spots were starting to show through, pores were on full display, it was beading and it looked like I hadn't even bothered blending the product and just slapped it on. My friend still wanted to give it a chance, but I could not. I returned it that night. Later in the evening my friend let me know that her face looked awful and that she was very sad, because this was the first foundation that completely matched her skin.

We both really enjoyed the colors and how light it felt. Even while it was sliding off of our faces, it felt weightless. Give it a shot, Sephora has a great return policy.

I love this foundation! The lady at Sephora matched me and once I looked in the mirror I was so amazed at how good my skin looked. It looked airbrushed. I got the shade #200 and its perfect, my skin has some redness in it and I have always had a hard time finding a foundation that matches my undertones. I have very oily skin and this foundation is amazing at controling the oil. I wore this during a football tailgate while I was bar hopping and it looked great all day and I only had to apply some touch up powder once. My skin is very sensitive to break outs and so far so good- really hoping that it doesn't end up making me break out because I am in love with it!

on 9/18/2017 8:29:00 PM

I am so upset that I was disappointed with this foundation . I have a couple friends that work at Sephora and they were ranting and raving about it . I finally went in and tried on a few different colors . I bought one even though deep down I thought it was a little too dark for me . I just kept hearing over and over again from people that it fits every single skin tone . Well it's false because it did not match my skin tone the way I wanted it to, not only that but it went on extremely cakey . I even went home and put on my regular moisturizer and primer to see if it would look any better but it didn't. If your pale and have a tough time with finding a foundation it's worth giving it a shot but in my experience it just didn't work out.

on 9/18/2017 9:31:00 PM

Not for dry skin girls! I love matte foundation (wet n wild photofocus, and naked skin) but this left me looking soooooo dry around my nose and chin. No thank you.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm pleased with the overall Fenty makeup line. I like that the company includes colors for deepest of complexions. While other companies have done this in the past, sometimes it wasn't well done. However, thumbs up to the Estee Lauder family and Lancome for paying attention to the diversity of warm, cool and olive undertones for deeper complexions.

With that said, let's go into the Fenty line! There's a good amount of product for the price point ($34) of higher-end product sold at Sephora's. Also, while the product line pulls more warm than any other undertone, they include complexions with olive undertones. I purchased 360 which is described as tan to deep with olive undertones. Many people said on youtube that this product oxidizes. However, I didn't experience an orange casting since my color had olive undertones. I noticed the foundation became darker about 15 minutes later when fully settled or meshed with my skin. There may be a need to go a shade lighter than the suggested color, but keep the your undertone in mind. It would be best to go to the store and match your self (swatch, go outside for while, see how it looks fully dried and then decide). Try to get a sample before purchasing.

I found the product definitely matte, yet sheer, as my blemishes showed though the foundation. It's not like Estee Lauder's Stay in Place makeup which is my holy grail (Bronze-5W1). Fenty is good if you prefer lighter coverage. I used a damp sponge, so the look was sheer. It also starts to dry quickly so start applying quickly. I think this makeup works best on oily, even toned skin it may look drying or patchy on normal to dry skin.

Overall I was pleased with the texture for me and color match. I think the real test will be a full work-day, so I may have an update to share.

on 9/17/2017 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

So far, so good. I have to admit that I'm impressed. I was expecting this foundation to be bad. I thought all the youtube reviews had to be hype because Rihanna stamped her name on this product, but I was wrong. I applied this and all my imperfections were blurred; my face looked airbrushed. I applied this about 8 hours ago and this has not settled into my fine lines, separated, or become dry. It still looks almost as good as it did when I first applied it. I deducted one rating, because this foundation did oxidize and it smells slightly like men's cologne. Other than that, I'm very impressed. For reference I'm an NC40 in MAC and I purchased the shade 300.

on 9/17/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Props for the color range!
I'm into soft focus matte foundation kick atm but am a bit leery of celebrity beauty lines as well but I was so overwhelmingly touched by all the shades offered, I had to try it out.

Just for the record, I am about NC25 at the moment and #210 seemed like the best match though a bit too peachy and a shade too dark. I also used the Fenty primer and without for a couple of days to see if the pairing was necessary. I usually use Hourglass Mineral Veil or the YSL d'Or depending on the condition of my skin. The foundation accentuated my pores and wasn't too kind to my textured chin. The coverage is medium and the longevity was good. The primer didn't really do anything noticeably different either.

My verdict? A solid so so if you have oily skin with no textural issues.
The search continues...

PERFECT FOR OILY SKIN!!!!!! I only have been wearing this foundation for a couple of days now but I think it's so beautiful, it sets itself which I love, I don't have to worry about caking because it doesn't cake! ( for me at least). It has a good amount of coverage, it covers my marks from old acne. which makes me very happy, also this doesn't break me out, my skin is pretty sensitive to some ingredients, so if this doesn't break me out it's a must-have for me. you don't have to set this too much, which is also a plus so you don't have to use as much powder. The packaging is amazing, it's skinny so it doesn't take up as much space in my bag. It also has a pump, which we all know a pump is a must have on a foundation bottle. Also, the packaging is aesthetically pleasing, I know that isn't always needed, but it's nice to have. This foundation doesn't fade throughout the day, which is perfect for my skin type. I can put this on at 6 am, it won't get noticeably oily until about 12-1 pm which is a big time difference for me. The only thing I think they can improve on this, and a warning for potential buyers. This does oxides a half or a whole shade darker. depending on the shade of your face can be a good thing if you can't find your perfect shade. But.. if you have a good shade I would suggest maybe getting a shade lighter than the one you need, I have a sample of 150, but I am considering the shade 140. But besides the oxidizing, it is a wonderful foundation for my fellow oily skin babes.