Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation
Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear FoundationPro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.4

on 11/2/2017 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm quite impressed with this stuff.

The shade range is of course amazing. As an extremely pale person (Mac NW10), I struggle to find a shade pale enough to compliment my skin. The shade 100 is perfect for me, one of the palest shade I've been able to find yet.

Although the formula is very wet and will run on your hand, it dries quickly, so the best plan is to work in small sections. I work on my face in four main areas (each cheek, forehead, and chin), and fully blend foundation onto one area before moving to the next.

With a light layer (I prefer my natural skin to show through a bit), my skin looked naturally flawless and had a decent glow. The formula is flexible in that you can have lighter, natural looks like mine or build up the product for higher coverage and more glamorous events.

Overall, my skin looked stunning with just a light layer. I haven't been this impressed by a new foundation in a long time. I haven't had any issues with longevity. Since it dries down to a powdery soft and thin finish, it was able to stay on longer and wear off more evenly.

Overall, I'm quite happy, I'll probably buy it again.

on 10/31/2017 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

For reference I am 2W2 Rattan in ELDW, 3.0-4.0 in Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation and Light Sand in Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation and use this in 220 Warm Peach. I have oily skin, live in hot and humid weather and have mild to moderate acne hyperpigmentation.

Texture: Texture is very watery and runny. Among the lightest, reminds me of texture of the Chanel Aqua VitaLumiere Foundation. Very light, spreads beautifully with ease.

Coverage: This is a medium coverage but buildable to full. I have hyperpigmentation of post acne marks, one pump usually evens out my skin tone, two pumps bring the coverage up a notch to full. Layering is not a problem, its buildable without ever looking cakey. I guess because of the runny texture. Has skin light/natural soft matte finish to it thats really beautiful

Wear: This is pretty matte, overtime I feel it dries out my skin. Upon application it doesnt emphasize pores and fine lines or dry patches but overtime it oxidized like two shades darker, and I look orange. Two to 3 hours down the line, it started emphasizing my dry patches and any texture on my skin. Controls oil very well, perhaps that is why i feel it dried out my skin (And i have oily skin) But the wear I feel is exceptional. I wore this during a 10km Race and I was sweating like crazy throughout the race and it looked mildly faded after the race which is pretty amazing compared to other foundations Ive tried.. All in all, weartime is impressive. It looked good after 10-12 hours of wear.

Overall: I like this but not love it. It dried out my skin, oxidized and emphasized pores but has very skin light/natural yet full coverage and the wear time is amazing and controls oil. Very decent foundation but not my fave or hg status. I'd recommend this for very oily skin. If you want to try this, should consider getting at least 2 shades lighter.

on 10/27/2017 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have never done a review on anything so this is my first one. Let me start of by saying I was sooo excited for this product to launch. I am mixed race so having a foundation range that has a variety of colours was exciting. I went and got matched up colour (300) i couldn't wait to get home and try it properly.
I would never buy it again..reasons why?!
1-I have acne prone skin/oily it does not cover any scars i have.
2-It makes me look like a have dry areas (don't know why when I have oily skin)
3-it oxisides like crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked orange!
4-it has made me break out even more! I haven't had acne spots in about 4 months and now since I've started using it I've broken out everywhere.

I have now gone back to Nars sheer glow foundation which is amazing! I wish I never tried the fenty one!

on 10/26/2017 8:54:00 PM

For reference, I’m 40 with clear but very oily skin, and rosacea. I like medium coverage to neutralize the redness but don’t have blemishes/acne etc.

This looked super promising for about 3 hours. Applied as a higher-medium coverage, nice matte finish, didn’t oxidize* and 150 was a good color match.**

I used a decent bit of loose translucent powder to set it because I always need one.

At about 4 hours all hell broke loose. I haven’t had a foundation melt down this badly in a LONG time, especially in cool weather while not doing anything in particular. I noticed at about 3 hours I already had a shiny T zone going and added a bit more loose powder.

It didn’t stop the foundation melt down. Like, streaky break down around my mouth by the fourth hour and a goddamn oily mess all over everywhere else, not just T zone like usual.

I mean, I am so incredibly glad I got a sample from Sephora to try rather than just getting it. It is unwearable on me. I am super surprised this formula is touted as good for oily skin- I admit I am extraordinarily oily, but this was way worse than anything I had tried in awhile (Fit Me Matte, WnW Photofocus, Misscha BB, Nyx BB, KVD powder and liquid). I would think it would be way better on drier skin. It looked great initially!

*It did darken as it fully dried and set but didn’t change color after that, which I wouldn’t characterize as oxidizing, just drying.

**150 was a tiny bit too cool but the other warmer shades were too yellow. I would probably only get a “perfect” match by mixing 150 and a yellower shade. This line leaned yellower in the mid-to-paler shades IMO.

Compre esta base por pura novelería a pesar de haber escuchado malas opiniones. Tuve la esperanza de que me gustara pero NO, primero queda mate solo al inicio, luego se vuelve un desastre grasoso en la piel, aproximadamente a las 3 horas se marcan terriblemente los poros y ni que decir al final del día que ya no tengo nada de producto en mi nariz y mentón, segundo cambia el color de manera espantosa, por lo menos a 3 tonos más oscuros.
Al final terminé por regalarla a una amiga.

on 10/25/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Because I have yellow undertones I'm in favor of this foundation because I can use 3 different shades depending on the season. It does dry rather quickly so it's best to apply in 4 sections as opposed to all over your face at once. I also found that it looked best when I used a beauty blender. I tried it on in Sephora before purchasing so after it dried I noticed it was a little darker then once it fully settled even darker. It's nothing drastic but I would suggest going a shade lighter to get your true colour. It is buildable but you will be left with a cakey feeling once you apply two layers.
I gave it 3 because although I love that there are so many shades that caters to my skin tone which I've had a difficult time finding with other brands, I'm not in love with the foundation itself. I have acne scars along my chin so if I'm going out I want full coverage. Id have to use some colour corrector then probably two layers of this when I could just use a thin layer of becca or huda and accomplish the same thing. For every day use I can use my fit me and achieve the same look without layering and it has a matte finish which I personally love.
Once it's finished I personally won't be purchasing again but if you have an even skin tone with yellow undertones, I definitely would recommend you try this out

on 10/22/2017 10:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Shade 230- I really like this foundation, I found that I was way less oily (& barely had to touch it up throughout the day) than usual. Coverage lasted about 8 hours. Make sure to prep skin beacuse it can cling to dry spots. I think it applies better with beauty blender than with the brush, it does dry really fast so its best to work in sections and not apply all over your face. The foundation feels really light on my skin. I see other reviews say it oxidizes but I didn't experience that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Price , packaging, product all amazing. I have shade 170 for when I fake tan, 120 for my normal shade and 110 to lighten and mix with my other foundations. Use a beauty blender and don’t use it under the eyes. Lasts all day. Makes my skin look so smooth. It does oxidise but just choose the right shade after getting some samples. It does dry down pretty matte sometimes I set it with some powder sometimes but looks great with or with out.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS:
A lot of product for the money.
Pretty packaging comes with a pump.. that’s always a plus.
Color range is good (if you have warm under tones).
Lasts a long time.

CONS:
Caused me to break out.
Not enough colors for people who have cool undertones ... even though they say they have cool tones they are still extremely yellow.
Not easy to blend.
Oxidizes 2 shades darker than when first applied.
Enphesised dry patches and lines.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Had high hopes for a semi matte finish foundation for combination skin. After 3 tries I returned the foundation since it sat on my skin and slid right off the face. Be mindful that this oxidizes! It made my skin so oily after only a few hours of use. The price is moderate at $34 a bottle. Huge fan of the packaging and color selection but that's as far as it goes.