Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation

3.2

Nope. Definitely not one for me.

I’ve break out prone skin, acne prone skin, clogged prone skin, large pores combination t zone and dry skin on my eye areas.

This broke me out a little after 2 uses, left me with clogged pores and dried out the skin around my eyes/ cheeks.

The finish was lovely though, a nice soft matte as it’s namesake. But it didn’t wear well, cakey and disintegrates after a few hours of wear.

Thankfully I didn’t spend any monies on this as it was a Christmas gift.

Much Overrated imo

I went to Sephora to get color matched and the product broke me out in hives! The packaging is beautiful and I'm pleased with the variety of shades available at launch but unfortunately this product will not work for me.

on 2/28/2018 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Like many women of colour, I was so excited to try Fenty Beauty foundations. The Sephora rep matched me to shade 370. I found the finish more matte than I was used to, but I moisturized that little bit extra to compensate. I discovered, however, that an hour or so after application, the foundation was oxidizing to a reddish hue that did not match my cool/yellowish undertones. I went back to Sephora and bought a 360 to mix with the 370 to help neutralize the red. That was nearly four weeks ago and I now have to sadly report that although my customized shade mix was working, these foundations appear to be breaking me out quite severely on the chin and cheeks. So it's back to Tom Ford for me. 😕

My oily skin is pretty fickle when it comes to foundations. The shade match wowed me - I got this in 180, which fits my warm olive skintone to a T. I was so elated by the initial discovery that I made concessions for the products' shortcomings. It would immediately apply cakey to my oily skin, no matter how thin a layer, and could not be remedied with a small dose of serum, which many people recommended. After a while, I would notice that at the end of the day, my natural oils break through the foundation barrier and I'm left looking splotchy. I guess despite my oily skin, I should stick to dewy formulas and just blot and powder. Would not repurchase, but I commend the shade range!

on 2/24/2018 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was sceptical because the reviews are so mixed but decided to pop into sephora and get myself a sample in shade 210. My skin is medium with neutral to slightly yellow undertones and this colour is beautiful on me.

My skin is combination oily and honestly I was soooo impressed with this product. The longer I wore it the better it looked? At first I thought it was slightly drying but as my natural oils started coming through I looked my glowy throughout the day. It held up amazing and I ordered this online the same day.

I wore this product over a thin layer of sqaulane and it looked fantastic. Also I didn't find a need to powder as it set itself. I def recommend this for oily girls

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this product because i loveeee riri and the color selection. But this foundation was terrible! I looked cakey and it didn’t sit well on my skin!!! My Walgreens cosmetics look better than fenty.

on 2/22/2018 3:22:00 PM

I really really wanted to love this foundation because I love what the brand stands for, but unfortunately this is just not for me. I have dry combination skin, meaning that my face overall is quite dry, but I do get oily on my T-zone during the day. This foundation dries super quickly so you have to be quick with applying it. It looked really cakey on my skin, even though I use a really hydrating moisturizer. Over the day it did get better though once my natural oils started seeping through. However, the biggest no for me is that it broke me out really badly on my cheeks. I am not usually sensitive to makeup; I don’t think that anything I’ve ever tried before has broken me out like this tbh. I looked like a bad allergic reaction on my cheeks and under my eyes, just not very pretty. I really hope Fenty reviews the formulation and comes out with a foundation for drier skin soon!

on 2/19/2018 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I am not a foundation wearing gal however I had to try this out. Unfortunately I have to mix 2 colours which is just too much for me to spend on a regular basis. I do love the application of this foundation and it makes your skin look flawless! It wears great all day! I really wish I could find my exact match with one bottle, that's why I didn't give it a 5. I have heard another 20 shades are in the making so hopefully I'll find my shade then. Highly recommend

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to finally try this foundation but have been left very disappointed.

First - the colour oxidises significantly. I bought a colour that is slightly too light and it oxidises way too dark and ends up looking quite orange.

Second, the foundation feels very greasy on my oily skin and has broken up and looks extremely cakey and gross after about four hours. I applied it with a brush so will try and see if using a beauty blender fixes this.

My skin is not even particular oily so I’m not sure why this is happening but I definitely can’t use this foundation ongoing because it has just made my skin look awful and I normally do not have issues with my skin.

Definitely disappointing given the hype around this product and price tag.

I was really hoping to love this product, as I watch people use it on the daily instagrams! It looks so perfect on their skin, so when I bought it I was super excited, I found it to be a bit disappointing, I have combo skin, and I get dry patches every now and then, and this foundation (like most others) sticks to my dry patches, I even tried exfoliating first and hydrating primer and all that, still came off like powder and stuck to my dry patches. I liked it on the rest of my face, but it kinda dried and laid on the top layer of my skin like powder.