Dove Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

Beauty Bar - Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Water, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide

I love the regular Dove beauty bar, but this one SMELLS so bad. The product itself is nice and does the job, but can't stand the way it smells. Will not be repurchasing this one!

on 12/23/2012 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love this soap! It's an amazing gentle yet effective cleanser. I was using the Neutrogena Gentle Foaming Cleanser for a while but at $7 dollars a bottle it started getting quite expensive (I use my cleanser for removing face and eye makeup, so I use a lot of it).
Initially using this, I was skeptical mainly because I've never had positive experiences with bar soaps, but this is a truly amazing product. It removes all traces of eye and face makeup without striping my face or stinging my eyes (they will get slightly irritated if the soap gets in them, but it does not irritate my eye lids or eye area). It's also very cost effective because you can get a two bar pack for around 3.25 USD which is super cheap and one bar probably lasts me three or so months.
Just a tip, when I bought this I bought a travel soap dish for around a dollar with a closing lid to keep out on my bathroom vanity, mainly so it would be covered and reduce the risk of bacteria and other things like air freshener, body/hair spray, I found it better than using a traditional soap dish for not only sanitary reasons but because it also makes the soap super easy to travel with.

Love love love this cleanser. So cheap, yet so effective. I've repurchased it for over a year now and will continue to do so!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

EDIT: After using for 2 solid months I can honestly say that this is at least as good as the $40 cleanser I was using before. Woohooo! <3

I've only been using this for a week but holy crap my face appears to be clearing up! I NEVER would have thought to buy/use this because I a) break out from EVERYTHING (purpose, cetaphil, purity, etc.) b) didn't believe it would take off my makeup and c) didn't have any luck with bar soap when I was on my all natural/organic/vegan kick but someone on the makeup board recced it and my roommate had a bar so I figured why not. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. It DOES take off my makeup (even stubborn eye makeup) and it DOES appear to be clearing up my breakout. Yay!

Clearly, I should have given this a try earlier.

on 11/14/2012 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, Love, Love this! I am forever checking my cabinet to make sure I don't run out! It is inexpensive and readily available at almost every store. My derm recommended the Dove Original Beauty Bar (White) for my Eczema. I use that for my body (I'm sure its great for faces as well), but I chose to use this for facial cleansing! I have tried most liquid cleanser and everytime I get an Eczema flare up! THis bar is so simple, yet effectively removes make up and doesn't make my face feel uncomfortably dry. I just keep it in a travel soap dish and don't close the lid (to allow air to keep the bar dry). This way noone else will use it. I have spent a couple of years suffering from Eczema around my eye area and this has saved my skin! I can't use anything else (except Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar); but Dove is so much more budget friendly. I never thought that a simple bar could do so much!

on 9/15/2012 8:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I prefer this to the original formulation as it is SLS free and doesn't irritate my dry, slightly sensitive skin. It doesn't lather up as nicely as general Dove soap but I prefer less bubbles to dry irritated skin : )

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

dove sensitive bar is very nice. It doesnt irritate my sensitive skin or my young baby's. I use it to shave and as face wash. Of course I use it as plain old soap to clean my body too!

The only not so great part is the price. Its over a dollar a bar out here in the midwest. I dont like to screw around with my products that much, but I tried jergen's mild soap and find it to be a good alternative. If I find a good sale on dove sensitve bars that can compete with jergen's mild soap (33 cents a bar) then I will buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

My mom and I have eczema, and neither of us can deal much with heavily scented beauty products. We've always had some variety of Dove beauty bars at our respective homes for a long time, and this particular bar is a good option for the most sensitive of skins. I generally prefer the original (I like the gentle scent) and especially the Winter Care (I'm hoarding this next winter for sure), but I have used many bars of this to get clean without irritating my skin any further.

on 8/22/2012 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this because I was running out of my very expensive Murad body wash and I did not feel like coughing up more money. I read great reviews here so I decided to try it since it is inexpensive. I have very finicky, oily, acne prone skin and not just on my face. I have issues with my face, neck, chest, arms and back. Lovely to be me, huh? For the most part, my skin actually looks pretty good right now considering how difficult my skin is. I have a good routine, which helps me keep my breakouts under control. But I love the idea of using a cheap all purpose soap that could possibly allow me to widdle down my huge array of skincare products. I have always dreamed of being the low-maintenance girl that can just use a bar of soap and be without a care in the world and not have my skin hate me for it. I bought a duo pack since I didn't see this sold in singles and I only used this on my body. my plan was to start out on my body and if all goes well, I would venture trying it out on my face. Good thing I didn't try this on my face. Within 3 days. I got little bumps on my back. Nothing really bad and I stopped quickly before it got any worse. I quickly went back to the Murad, it's been about 5 days and I'm still healing but new breakouts have stopped. Other than the breakouts, I noticed that this did keep my skin moist but also felt like there was a slight residue, nothing bad, it just made my skin feel moisturized but still a residue nonetheless. I imagine the residue is what caused the breakouts. I also read somewhere that the ingredient Tallowate used to make typical bar soaps is actually derived from animal fat, which is a huge turn off. I will use this up as a shaving cream since it is moisturizing but will not repurchase.

on 8/14/2012 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After realizing I have sensitive skin, this has helped with rashes and dry skin, and even a bit with acne. I just wish it wasn't so expensive and didn't smell so weird, but you can't really do anything with unscented I guess. I also feel like I get acne in weird areas with this sometimes. But I like how this feels on my skin and it isn't filmy and I feel clean

UPDATE: I am very grateful for this. I upped this to five lippies because it's really helped with some other bad skin problems. The weird acne came from something else and after some bad flares and a mishap with face wash, I'm soooooooo grateful for this!! My face feels like it finally has relief. And it feels good to rake a break sometimes from body wash and just use this. I used my family's Zest bar one time after forgetting a new bar, I felt all this film and wasn't clean. I just need something else for exfoliation.

on 9/1/2012 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

A staple in my household where sensitive skin is prevalent. My skin is very sensitive to commercial soaps that use SLS and even a few that use SLES in them. My skin either gets red and irritated, or dried out. This bar does neither of that to my skin so far. I use this to wash my armpits, my man-parts, and my bum occasionally. i usually use a different soap (shikai shower gel) on a salux cloth for the rest of my body. But what i like about this soap is that i can use it all over if i'm in a rush, (usually mornings) and not be irritated by it. Ironically the dove sensitive body wash (the creamy stuff) feels too heavy and dries my skin out, this doesnt. I'm still looking for a non SLES based soap that doesnt dry or strip my skin, or break the bank. i have yet to find it, but this is my staple back up to shikai for now.