Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10 Zinc 1

Deciem The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1
The Ordinary Niacinamide 10   Zinc 1

3.4

on 3/28/2017 10:40:00 PM

This was terrible for my skin. I love everything else I have from The Ordinary, but this made me breakout horribly.
I have slightly acne prone skin and I wanted to try something gentle. But with this my whole face was covered in white heads, blackheads and little under the skin bumps. And nothing could fix it. I discovered that this includes carrageenan, which is highly comodogenic, as others have noted. Weirdly that ingredient isn't listed on the website. I'm glad this worked for others, but it ruined my skin for month and my face is just barely recovering. I wouldn't recommend the risk for those with acne prone or sensitive skin. There are so many other products out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Niacinamide works VERY well for my acne-prone skin, as I have noticed in past products that helped calm and control my skin. I was initially very worried that the Careegan(?) ingredient in this would break me out since it has a high acne rating on Cosdna, but luckily I was fine after a minor initial breakout (which I still can't be sure it was due to the Niacinamide, since a few days later I got my period). I find that this really minimizes my pores and helps heal most of my regular breakouts. It doesn't do much for cystic acne, but I use other treatments for that. It also didn't dry out my skin.

Overall I'm really loving this and will keep repurchasing it together with their azelaic acid.

Full disclosure: I have not used this on its own. I use it in conjunction with the Alpha Arbutin, also from The Ordinary line, and Pixi's Glow Tonic.

I have suffered from acne in some form since age 16. I'm nearly 40 now and reeeeally getting tired of dealing with it. I primarily get cystic acne these days and I've tried everything. I even used Retin-A for a while but it was way too harsh.

I mix two drops of this product with two drops of the Alpha Arbutin after using the Glow Tonic twice daily (but thinking about adding a Vitamin serum so I'll have to decrease to PM only then as niacinamide can't be combined with Vitamin C products). After using it for about 4 weeks or so (look people, there are no quick fixes) my skin started to clear. I used to get multiple breakouts weekly. I now get maybe one and it's much milder. I ran out of product last month and had to wait a few weeks for more and my skin started breaking out again, just like old times. Shortly after my replenishment arrived, my skin calmed down again. I will not make the mistake of running out again!

I will say that this combined with the Alpha Arbutin does feel fairly sticky and my skin feels somewhat tight after it dries down but nothing that can't be helped my a light moisturizer.

on 3/24/2017 10:21:00 PM

Used it every night and usually day until the bottle was gone and saw no changes in my skin.
Paula's choice niacimide didn't do anything for me either. I think my skin doesn't respond to this ingredient.

on 3/22/2017 1:30:00 PM

So I have to say, I didn't know much about this ingredient, and I'm still a bit confused by it. I've heard/read so many different descriptions of it, it seems to do everything! The Ordinary describes it as a treatment to "reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion". Paula's Choice says it has "the ability to visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface" and it can "mitigate the damage environmental attack can cause". I've even read that it can regulate oil production. It sounds too good to be true. When I went overboard with some acids/retinol, my skin started purging so I decided to use this to help reduce inflammation and prevent scarring.

I do find this helps control blemishes/inflammation. I feel like the pimples I had were under control (never angry) and healed relatively quickly. I'd like to think that it is also helping with the pigmentation from the pimples, as they are going away relatively quickly (although this may also be attributed to the retinol and acids). Although I don't really believe pore size can be changed, I did notice the area on/around my nose to appear smoother and pores less evident. I have some sun spots that I was trying to correct with Alpha Arbutin but I stopped since I ran out of it. The niacinamide seems to have picked up where the AA left off and the sunspots seem to be improving (again, could be because of retinol though). As I mentioned earlier, I went overboard with the acids/retinols and it caused my skin to go a little haywire (dryness, peeling, purging), and I feel like this supported my skin in its recovery. I can't tell if it has had any effect on fine lines/dullness (since I am using retinol/acids which I assume would be the main driver in this aspect) or oil production.

The product has no odour, and comes in a glass dropper like most of their other products. I would say that a little goes a long way - I only need about two drops for my entire face. This product can pill, but there are ways to avoid that. First, make sure to apply on damp skin. Second, wash your hands well after applying this because two tacky layers of this product rubbed together will cause pilling. Third, apply your next layer in a patting motion to avoid pilling. I use argan oil after this product in the method described and I can apply sunscreen/makeup in my usual manner with no issues.

I apologize for the long review, but in summary, I find that this ingredient is a good all-rounder for anti-aging and anti-acne. If you have good skin, this may be all you need for anti-aging. If you have skin issues, this has many benefits to support other stronger treatments.

on 3/26/2017 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily/acne-prone skin and this broke me out really badly. Firstly, the consistency is almost gel like and as soon as it touches your skin it feels like putting hair gel on your skin in terms of how it dries. It would sting my face and make it go red, and I'm not allergic to any of the ingredients and I don't have sensitive skin at all! After using it the first day I woke up and my skin was so dull and dry and lifeless and I began to get a lot of texture on my face like rough skin on my nose and cheeks. During the weeks of using it I developed VERY bad breakouts under the skin and its been over a month since I stopped using it and I'm left with scarring and still trying to get my skin back to normal as it messed with it really bad. I pushed through weeks of trying it as I really wanted to see if it works and if it's just a purge breakout, but no the breakouts only got worse. I tried their moisturiser and advanced retinoid separately. I have a review on the moisturiser, if you want to check it out (spoiler alert: it was terrible). Overall, what I've experienced with this brand is that it's most likely better for older skin types which are less prone to acne and oily skin, and hormones. However, when my mum tried the buffet serum as I bought it for her, it broke her out and she's 45 and NEVER breaks out which was weird!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have quite a few pimples and irregularities ; been using this for three weeks but i saw no results apart from a little dryness. I will stop using it. Sad thou...

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

My skin is super oily, acne prone and sensitive. Been using this serum every single night for about 3 weeks now. I saw some improvement on my dark spots from previous acne and my overall skin tone is more even. It did nothing to my pores tho. The most significant improvement from using this I would say is the texture of my skin. I can say that this stuff makes my skin feel smoother and softer and I love that! However, like some of the reviews here, this thing broke me out. I keep getting a spot here and there during the time I use this. I personally think that it is CARRAGEENAN in it that caused the problems. They did not even put carrageenan on the ingredients list on their website and I have no clue why! but if you look closely at the box that it comes with, you will see carrageenan as the 6th ingredient on the list. The reason I bought this serum in the first place was that when I looked at the ingredients list on their website I spotted nothing that will mess up my skin. Well, if your skin happens to react badly with carrageenan like my skin does, I'd say you should skip this one.

on 3/20/2017 12:11:00 AM

I wanted to like this so bad but it just doesn't play well with my skin. I'm 31 and super acne prone with very sensitive skin ever since being prescribed Benzaclin a couple of years ago.

I love the way this serum feels but something in it breaks me out. I've tried it 3 different times to make sure. I'm sure it'll do wonders for other people but it just wasn't meant to be for me.

I'm not too upset though, it wasn't expensive and the rest of my routine does a good job of healing my breakouts faster: Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic face cleanser, sulfur soap for 2 mins, Pixi Glow Tonic, The Ordinary Hyaluronic acid, Fab Beauty Ultra Repair cream, and then Reviva Labs Problem Skin mask every few days before all those layers!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, where do I start? I've been using this product for about 2 months now, alongside Alpha Arbutin and my skin...wow! I'd seen all the rave reviews so thought I'd give it a go - with the price, you've got nothing to lose plus at the time of ordering, I was getting a breakout about every other day. Since using, I've honestly had maybe 2 or 3 which for me is incredible. It is unscented and lightweight. I use it AM and PM and it's absolutely fine under foundation, I feel it actually gives me a dewy glow. When wearing, it feels like it sets as a protective layer over your skin to deflect dirt...I mean I don't know how it does it but it really works!! Cannot recommend enough! I have since purchased a number of The Ordinary products based on this stuff. TRY IT!