Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation

Wet 'n' Wild Photo Focus Foundation
Photo Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus FoundationPhoto Focus Foundation

3.2

on 5/31/2017 6:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great foundation. I have the shade porcelain which is supposed to be "warm toned", however its actually neutral toned, so not too pink and not too yellow. Its like a cruelty free version of the Maybelline matte and poreless in their porcelain shade with a stronger paint like smell, which does disappear fast.

It is very mattifying although it does cling to my dry patches on which is my already oily skin. Can sometimes appear patchy upon application which is why I find it best to mix this with other foundations which have some hyaluronic acid to moisturise it a little bit.

I really do like this foundation and would definitely repurchase it over and over again. It does not oxidise and does overall look really good, lasting 3-4 hours on my oily skin which is pretty normal for me. It is best for oily skin, however mix a little moisturiser or a little bit of dewier foundation with it so it does not cling to dry patches.

I usually do not like glass bottles, but I am kind of digging the spatula, getting product out is actually pretty easy :)

on 5/28/2017 7:16:00 PM

Love the packaging, really wish every other company who don't supply a pump with their foundations would use a spatula! This applies really well but makes pores stand out a MILE! Looks very cakey and fake after just an hour, such a pity as it looks great after you just apply it. Probably great for younger skin.

On a budget, this is a decent foundation. The packaging with the spatula is fantastic! It does smell strongly of paint, but not enough to bother me. I do like the feel of the dry down of the foundation. Not dewy, but a dry touch. It has medium coverage. Doesn't have super long staying power though. Maybe nice for quick makeup days where you don't need makeup to last all day. It is a maybe repurchase for me.

Didn't break me out. Lasted throughout the work day. Def wouldn't sleep in, but that's because I don't sleep in makeup period. It's buildable. I have scars, marks, huge pores, uneven skin tone, pretty much all the ugliness from picking and the sun etc. buuuuut this does a great job of making me look flawless or better... I have noticed rub off but I also don't use primer or get toooo technical running out the house in the morning to make it to work. I slap it on and set with the photoready powder and I'm good to go. Packaging is whatever, honestly I slap it on my hand anyways and use a beauty blender but the last few times just Bc my bb is dirty, I actually used a brush and it also is really nice with that as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Before I self tanned the lightest shade was way too light and pink toned for me, the very next shade was way too dark and orange. There was no in between despite having 20 different shade options. Once I self tanned I had this beautiful medium tan that fit the Golden Beige shade perfectly.
Now the coverage of this is completely full and masks all of my large pores, discoloration and acne bumps. It dries to a natural semi-matte finish but concealer doesn't glide over this without a little tug so I usually avoid putting any of the foundation near my eyes. It also lasts really well when my sweat starts to break through as I wore this while cleaning my house with zero touch ups and only looked slightly shiny if at all. The formula of this is actually very smooth and doesn't look cakey especially on my upper lip which can be very dry.
The packaging absolutely sucks. I would have preferred a pump, pour out bottle, tube, or doe foot applicator. Anything but this super flat spatula that is really hard to distribute any product to the face. You would think taking product directly from the bottle itself would be easier but then where would you put the spatula without getting all surfaces dirty with foundation? Yes you just need a paper towel of some sort but if people are already doing that then they just need to ditch the spatula all together.
For $5.99 though I can get over the hang ups to appreciate it's smooth formula.

I loved this foundation when I first got it, it looked beautiful on my skin and felt so soft. But after a few days of using it started to look Super cakey and almost as if my skin was very dry, I hadn't changed my skin routine or anything. I had a couple of friends say that theirs did the same, mine does it off and on. One day it looks great, the next it looks cakey, and so on. So I'm switching my foundations. Sorry Wet n Wild.

I really wanted to like this. Most reviewers loved it.

The packaging is fine IMO. I'm not upset at the use of a spatula inside the lid for application.

I have dehydrated skin. Some days it acts normal, sometimes I'm not doing enough and it acts dry, and some days I can be oily.

On one day this was super cakey and another day I was cakey & oily. Even on good days this didn't look nice. I was always cakey.

I guess if you're oily or combination skinned it'd work for you but I've moved on.

on 5/4/2017 8:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a little on the fence with this one. I don't hate it, but don't love it either.

Pros:
-After powder, blush and contour is applied, this gives me the most natural finish of any foundation I've used.
-Holds up as well as my high-end foundations for long days at the office without oxidizing or moving around (with primer and set with powder and setting spray like I do with all my foundation).
-sheer coverage, but buildable without getting cakey.

Cons:
-Shade. This probably wouldn't be an issue for most people since there is such a range of colours, but as always on my vampire face, even the lightest shade is too dark and yellow-toned for me, meaning I'm left to even out the shade with powder or mixing to make it match.
-It's buildable, but if you have problem skin or more extreme redness/discolouration, this isn't going to do anything for you and it's still going to need to be used with a good concealer for small problem areas, whereas with other foundations, I can get away with not using concealer.
-If I don't use a really good primer, this does tend to rub off and separate on my noise quite a lot, but this is the case with a lot of foundations, so it's likely more to do with my weird skin than the product itself. However, there are a handful of products I don't have that problem with, so this could be better in that respect.

I have combo skin and my T-zone somehow manages to get both oily and dry at the same time (how does that even happen), and this does a decent job of not accentuating any weird texture on my face too much, so in that respect, it's better than most foundations I've tried. I do find I need to work with it a bit to get it even, so it's not something that I feel like I can slap on my face before running out the door, but when I can put the time in, it really gives a great natural finish to my skin without looking like I have a ton of product on. It goes on light and doesn't feel heavy and does a decent job at evening out my skin without suffocating it. My skin does have some redness in it in the cheek area, and trying to get it even between the redder areas and regular areas is what takes me the longest. For people with more even complexions, this would probably be less of an issue.

For application, I find it's best to use a beauty blender or other sponge applicator, as the formula is VERY thin and prone to brush stokes when applying with a brush. I also feel like this is a more oily formula, so it's probably best to set this with a powder.

Overall, not a bad foundation for less than $10 and I'll be keeping it in my regular rotation for good skin days. My favourite way to use it has actually been to mix it half and half with my UD All Nighter foundation. That one's a tad on the light side (but the next shade up is too dark when it dries down) and is extremely full coverage, so this helps thin it down a bit, evens out both colours and gives a better overall finish than I get with either of the two products on their own.

on 5/11/2017 7:49:00 PM

The product felt very poorly made on my skin it's such a flop. It gathered in my pores (which are relatively small may I add) to the point where they looked like kiddie pools, the smell smells like your typical drugstore foundation not pleasant but tolerable. After about an hour or so it separated on my chin and under my eyes and my skin wasn't even oily yet. Yikes

on 5/8/2017 3:28:00 PM

Man, this broke me out like crazy. Ive only heard wonderful things about this foundation, tried it, loved it. But it made my skin break TF OUT. My skin never breaks out, like, ever. Otherwise this was actually a great foundation.