Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 4/4/2017 3:05:00 AM

I bought this in Rebel Rose after seeing my fave nail Polish YouTuber wearing it. It's very reasonably priced as are most Wet n Wild products. The shade Rebel Rose is very wearable. Kind of a MLBB look, depending on your complexion. The formula is great. It goes on smooth. Feels comfortable and stays put. I have worn it alone and with gloss over it. Looks really nice with Buxom Dolly over it. After initially trying this, I bought two more for back up & purse. I haven't tried any other shades yet. There are some good videos on YouTube showing people swatching the different shades. I should mention I have never owned any matte lip product before this one. More of a gloss person, but so glad I tried this. It's really great! 😊

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like these lipsticks a lot more than I thought I would.
I bought two shades Berry Recognize and Coral Corruption.
I do really like both but Coral Corruption which is a bright red-toned coral seemed too bright on my skin tone, or at least too bright for my taste.
It looks amazing on my sister who is lighter than me, she is mac NC25 and rattan 2w2 in Estee lauder double wear. I am nc35 and wheat 3n2 in Estee lauder.
I love the Berry recognize it is much deeper on the lips than in the tube.
On my medium skin tone, it is a berry wine shade and I love it.
It is not too much for summer time due to being a berry rose type shade so it works, but I also think it will be very nice for fall as well. I love when I find shades I feel I can wear anytime.
It is very long wearing and dries rather quickly. Another good thing is that it is not drying on the lips.
I would 100% recommend using a lip liner before applying because the edges just do not look as nice without it. The wand could be improved for applying more neatly.
On days I do not want it to be as bold I will just use my finger and tap the color onto my lips.
It does start to wear off close to four hours with eating and drinking but not too bad and not peeling like other long lasting lipsticks I have used in the past.
Mostly just the centers and starts to fade a bit but you can add another layer and it looks fine. After 12 hours it was still stuck there.
I recommend taking it along with you to touch up if needed or taking a lip balm (FYI the balm will remove the lasting power) and use it to help blend the product back into the lips if it starts to get a little patchy.

It does remove easily with Ponds cold cream or other oily type product.
If you eat anything greasy that will tend to make it come off so be careful and touch up if needed so it does not get crazy looking.
I plan on buying these two next Give Me Mocha and Rebel Rose.

on 3/30/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Holycrap!!!!!!!! These liquid lipsticks are AMAZING. The pigmentation, color payoff and the staying power are fabulous. It goes on smooth and creamy and dries within seconds. Even after lunch and drink of water it is still there. So far I have 2 colors. Nice to Fuchsia and Give me Mocha. I loooove these two sooo much. GMM is a chestnut rose and NTF is a bright blue based pink *love* I got these on sale in CVS and paid 4 bucks each plus tax, what???? Don't see cracking or paper dry lips with this liquid lipstick. I am eyeing the red one next :))
Edit** Nice to Fuchsia is beautiful blue based pink, perfect for the warmer weathers.
Give Me Mocha is a color that can be worn year around. Perfect everyday color.
Update ** 4/22/2017 - Even though I loveeeee Give Me Mocha the staying power is ok plus the reapplication is tacky. For the price it is still the bomb.
Update **9/13/2017 - I wore to an interview and totally regretted it, started crumbling on me within an hour..wahhh :( I don't know what happened ??? This is my 2'nd tube and the color is slightly different than the first one..grrrrr!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I like the price point of this product and the packaging and the colour even (Give Me Mocha) but I absolutely hate the fact that this is actually very drying. I've tired several ways to use this, alone, after lip balm, after argan oil and yet this stuff is still drying eventually.

I know liquid lipsticks are generally supposed to be drying but I do own several liquid lipsticks from several other brands and some of them are just less drying than this one. For me, at least. I do naturally have dry lips though so perhaps if you do not have dry lips, this may work well for you like it has for many other people.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I own four of these, and love them all. I have two nudes, and two dark colors. The formula seems pretty even between all of the shades, and there's no patchiness to them. The applicator is curved, which makes application so effortless. Super pigmented, although I do notice crumbling after only about an hour of wear. I love the shade range.

on 4/1/2017 1:04:00 PM

These are great cheap matte lippies. I have bought several colors, and wear them regularly. At $4.99 a pop, you can't go wrong. I believe the apply far better than NYX soft matte lip cream, and last longer. It applies easily, and dries quickly. But it's not the normal dry, uncomfortable matte. I would recommend these!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

These are slightly drying as are a lot of liquid lipsticks. Be sure to moisturize your lips very well before you apply this product. The overall staying power is very good. These last me a couple of hours without needing a touchup.

The color selection leans toward warm shades imo. I have Oh My Dolly which is a deep blue based pink/red. It's very pretty. I purchased Rebel Rose against my better judgement since it has received nothing but rave reviews on You Tube. On my fair cool toned skin it comes off as a hideous brown that makes me look like a corpse. I wish drugstores would provide testers! I guess brown lipsticks look good on some people or else they wouldn't continue to sell them.

on 3/21/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super disappointed in this product after seeing so much love for it. It applies patchy on me, dries out my lips like a desert, and crumbles. I have Give Me Mocha, which is a lovely color. But I won't be using this anymore or buying more. So sad!

Hands down, the most long lasting drugstore liquid lipstick i've ever had in my life. The formule is, ok, i mean of course its gonna dry since it is matte, but i didn't give you a weird patches line like other dry matte liquid lipstick. Honestly, i didn't have any negative review on this product, I LOVE IT. My favorite shade is Give Me Mocha

Ehhhhh, its not awful. But it's not that great either. I LOVE the applicator, a neat doe foot type thing that really helps with application. I like the way it goes on, and the way it lasts. BUTTTTT not how it looks on. Personally I had lines all through it, like bad. I did mix it with a NYX matte butter cream... GIRL NEW BAE. Lasted for HOURSSSS. Overall its meh. I might get another to see if maybe I just got a dud, but other than that probably wouldn't buy again.