Clinique Happy

Clinique Happy
Happy

3.2

This is a clean citrusy scent, which apparently men love. I hate the packaging, its so boring and generic, and the smell smells good and i guess it can put you in a good mood. Good for summer

on 5/10/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When Happy first came out, I tried it of course and decided it wasn't for me -- it was too sharp & chemically -- too scratchy & screechy -- I passed on it.

Then one day at work, I stuck my head in the Mail Room and smelled the most wonderful, awesome, incredible scent -- I HAD to know what it was -- so I asked what smelled SO GOOD in there -- and the answer came back "Happy".

I was shocked & flabbergasted. Happy??? You've got to be kidding, I thought -- I never liked that stuff.

So the very *same day* -- on my lunch hour (I simply couldn't wait!) -- I drove to the mall and bought myself some Happy. Sprayed it on, and it smelled sharp & chemically to me -- scratchy -- it just wouldn't come together & smooth out. I didn't enjoy wearing it. I've re-tried on occasion, but have never really become a Happy girl. I keep the bottle though.

Later, my husband told me about the receptionist at his job -- he said she wore the same perfume each and every day -- and she always smelled "soooo good!", he raved. So he asked her what it was and reported it to me -- it was Happy. (groan)

Then last summer, he reported to me that he had held the door open for an office worker in his building, and she smelled "soooo good"! So he asked her what she was wearing, and she beamed with pleasure at his compliment and told him, "Happy". (groan)

Arghhhh! Why does it smell so good on everybody else, but when I wear it, it smells too sharp & scratchy to myself? Like orange sandpaper. But I might actually smell wonderful to others when I'm wearing it, I don't know.

Happy is the perfume my husband always notices and raves about on other women in public. That's his taste -- clean florals. I think he probably wished, after he told me about it, that I would just make Happy my signature perfume and look no further -- but of course that didn't happen.

I read in a magazine long ago that Happy was Carnie Wilson's signature -- she said she wore it every day, at the time. And I also read in a magazine long ago that Faith Hill wore Happy (but that was before she began fronting her own perfumes).

i love this during the colder days when the wind takes the smell and makes it feel fresh! Not so much during the summer it gives me a headache, the sun dosent mix well with happy :(
But overall i love this, i just use dkny during summer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this fragrance, I get so many compliments when I wear it! I also love how simple the packaging is. It smells nice and citrusy and just a teeny bit sweet with a pinch of lavender. Kind of like when you go to and orange orchard.

This perfume will put a bounce in your step with its uplifting, feminine citrusy scent! I have to say one of the reasons I am so drawn to this perfume is because it reminds me SO much of the Bottled Emotion collection that Bonnebelle used to make in the late 90s/early 2000's targeted at 12 year olds LOL :P I don't even care... I loved those perfumes as a kid and Happy smells like a slightly more grown up version :D

I will always love this perfume, as it was my signature scent throughout my whole freshman year. It's very citrus-y and smells very fresh. I will not purchase this product again because I feel like it's been overused (by myself), but I love love love the smell!

on 12/31/2012 11:14:00 AM

I used to work for Clinique several years ago, and it was around this time that this fragrance was released. Everyone was wearing it, it was so popular. I can recognize it on anyone because it is so familiar. This fragrance reminds me of happier times, when I was younger and didn't have quite so much to worry about in life. Therefore even though I like its citrus notes and lasting power, its vibrancy and the fact that it is a 'joyful' kind of scent, it has a nostalgia and vague sadness to me. I would choose this fragrance over many many others, but it's not something I would wear constantly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is definitely a classic although I don't used it anymore. I'm just not that loyal to perfume. I always recognise it when my friend is wearing it but unfortunately, it smells a bit like my grandmother (and not in a good way). She never wore it but it must be something about the spices she always kept in her wardrobe. It definitely lives up to its name though, a clean uncomplicated joyful scent.

on 2/12/2013 12:37:00 PM

A relative gave me a small bottle of this as a gift, and unfortunately I don't find it pleasant or interesting. I am not experienced enough to discern which florals are in this fragrance, only that on my skin they are sharp and high pitched, like nails on a chalkboard.

on 2/1/2013 7:27:00 PM

I love this fragrance! I use it when my sister isn't home (I haven't got my own bottle and borrow hers) and think it's a really lovely young, sweet (not sickly) floral scent. I think if you like Be Delicious, Daisy by MJ and Hugo Boss Orange you will probably like this. It's really close to Daisy in that it's quite fresh and understated, nothing like say a Jo Malone pomegrantie noir.
The packaging is nice and simple, nothing too gimmicky. The price is quite a lot for what it is, but Clinique are a bit weird with pricing I think (beauty bars are dirt cheap and last ages but Chubby Sticks are way overpriced I think).

Popular Fragrances