Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette

4.5

on 7/17/2017 7:33:00 AM

This is my holy grail pallette, I can't explain how much I love it. I've hit pan on about 80% of the colours now meaning I'm going to definitely buy a new one. The colours are amazing, pigmented, easy to blend. The mattes blend perfectly without blending into nothing and the shimmery colours are so pigmented and amazing. I even love the brush it comes with however I never normally like brushes that come with palletes! I prefer it to my morphe fluffy blending brush! Overall this is a great palette, I would definitely recommend this the colour range is amazing, there's something for all skin types and he eyeshadow lasts allll day.

on 7/16/2017 11:47:00 PM

This is my favorite palette. There's just literally nothing bad about it. The colors are all beautiful and super pigmented, they blend together easily, and they're really versatile. It's amazing, and I can't recommend it enough.

on 7/14/2017 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another review isnt needed but oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️
I didnt want to suck in to the hype and buy this palette cause I already own so many neutral palettes and was trying to avoid this one. UGHH but i couldnt literally not 1 person (well actually ONLY a few ok) doesnt like this palette. And i see why now, the shades are so soft and silky to the touch. I can only use a super soft brush with these shadows and tap super super lightly. Do NOT use a scratchy brush, the kick up will be insane. And be careful picking up the shadows because yes they are so pigmented. I actually prefer not to use this on days im in a rush because i find i need time to be gentle with this and blend it out and such, so for fast days i prefer average pigmented shadows. But besides that i think this palette is so worth the money, i would reccomend it (just make sure you be gentle with it cuz like many have said the kick up is intense). The brush that came with it actually isnt bad but dont use it for the palette cause its not soft enough. The colour scheme is really beautiful and i love the variety of looks you can make. Only thing id love is maybe another lid shade option but its still a beautiful palette ^^

Edit; i have returned my MR palette. I have a few reasons. Yes the pigmentation and blendability is great. But this palette has three similar brown transition shades and the two red/pinks are nearly the same. Also i like dark deepening shades and this only comes with 1, the deep brown. I just didnt find myself using it, the packaging and shadows looked basically new when i returned it. I feel bad but, these neutrals i have in other palettes and i couldnt justify keeping a $55 ($60 with taxes) palette for just the one shade i loved (red ochre). Sad i couldnt fall inlove with it like everyone else :/

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Beautiful palette but ended up returning it because of all the mess it creates. The shadows are so soft that even wth a light hand it would dust up everywhere and even mess up my face LOL. It's a shame really cause I liked those brown/orange shades.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has enough reviews. The only reason I'm chiming in is because I'm 50 years old, and this is the first palette I've ever hit pan on. I'm NC20 leaning neutral, and I can wear every color in the palette. Even the reds are wearable and can be worn to the office when done right. I highly recommend this.

i have to say i love this palette sooo much. The color range of this palette is everything you need, it blends easily, the shadow is just so pigmented.
Even it has a lot of fall out sometimes i highly recommend this thing. The only problem is the packaging its pretty but it sucks

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Definitely everything good anyone says about this palette is true: pigment, texture, colors, performance etc. all are awesome. I have not yet figured out how to do an eye look using more than a few colors from this palette, so I just stick to 3 and love the outcome every time no matter which 3 I choose. Each color looks great on its own as well. Don't let the girly pink velvet exterior fool you - this is sophisticated and bold palette that will add some interest into any collection!

on 6/26/2017 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I liked this palette, I didn't love it.

The shadows are soft, and smooth and blend nice. But you have to work quickly with them, because they're very staining.

Also, the reds and pink are very pigmented, so this palette is for someone who is comfortable being "out there" with their makeup. I personally never touch the reds and pink, because it's too bright for everyday wear to the office. And I tend not to wear a lot of makeup on weekends as I like to give my skin, especially my eyelids a break, otherwise I start getting eyelid eczema.

Because I have very sensitive skin, this palette made me breakout in the worst eye area (on the lid, and on my under eye area!) I have ever experienced. I had to go to the dermatologist to get a steroid cream to get rid of the eczema. Obviously, this will not be a problem for everyone. The ladies at Ulta told me reds and purples can be problematic for a lot of people due to carmine in the ingredients.

Anyway, I am not super bummed about it because in general, this palette wasn't subdued and neutral enough for me. I did love that it had so many mattes, though.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Is this the best palette of all time or is this the best palette of all time? For me, at least, it is. I hadn't really tried anything from ABH before this palette blew up, but as soon as I saw swatches I knew this thing had to be mine. Very quickly it became my favorite palette because of its versatility and the amazing, mind-blowing, off the charts quality of the shadows. I can do day or night looks, subtle or dramatic looks, and anything in between with this palette. I wish it had one medium shimmery shade for lids, but otherwise this palette is practically perfect in every way.

on 6/23/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I can't see when I'd ever run out of this palette to warrant a repurchase, but if for some reason that happened, then I would. It's just so beautiful and all the colours work together and there are a lot of looks that you can make from the shade selection. Really beautiful formula, definitely for intermediate makeup users (I'm a beginner) as the learning curve is slightly steep using these colours and formula - but I am always happy to play and learn. Beautiful palette.

Popular Palettes