Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/13/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never been a huge fan of tinted moisturisers/BB type products. I've oily, acne prone skin and I usually need a foundation for the coverage I need to hide my spots, however I am very pleasantly surprised by this product! It evens out my skin nicely and I just add a touch of concealer and powder and my skin looks great but still looks natural. It's great for days you don't want to do a full face of makeup but still want to look 'done'. Lasted really well for over 8 hours and no issues with getting shiny, which normally happens with my skin. Really like this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has an extremely light coverage. It does even things out a bit, but not enough to be called light-moderate coverage. Packaging is amazing, will keep the product sanitary. But this is going to be relegated to gym use because the coverage is close to non existent. In terms of coverage, let me create a continuum: one & done > too faced beauty balm > Missha perfect cover = MUFE F&B > Teint idole 24 = Nars Sheer Glow (I'm sure there are a thousand between MUFE FB and TI 24, these are just the products I use).

on 5/8/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Disclaimer: This review is not just for the Urban Decay One and Done, but also for the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm. If you have relatively good skin and want good protection on non-high-sun days (for those I use a high SPF sunscreen) then you can blend these two products to achieve an air-brushed and luminous (without the sparkle) finish. I have yet to meet a sheer makeup I like and like to experiment with tinted sunscreen. I use the trifecta of skin care: antioxidant (in my case the IS clinical vitamin c Pro-heal formula), a retinoid (alternate with retin a micro and Avene retrinal) and sunscreen. I have really good skin because I have always taken care of it but want to take the appearance when I go out to the next level. If I want a more 'make up' look, I go heavier on the One and Done and less on the Beauty Balm. The reverse for a more natural finish. Try blending the two and I bet you will really like it!

Love this. It's sort of half way between a tinted moisturiser and a foundation. I feel I still need a touch of concealer under my eyes and finish with a powder so the term 'one and done' isn't true for me but I still love the product. I stopped wearing foundation for a while recently as I got fed up of feeling cakey and my I'm lucky to have quite clear skin, but by the end of the day I looked so washed out. This product is great for me because it does exactly what I need it to without feeling too heavy. I'm a NC15 and the light shade is just light enough for me.

I like the idea, I like the "coverage". But I like the no-makeup look. I have dry patches on my skin, so I load up on moisturizer before I put it on. Unfortunately, I think it causes the SPF to separate out of the product, as my fingers are coated in white after I put it on. That white stuff adheres really well, I have to scrape it off.

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

on 4/19/2016 12:16:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it didn't work out between us. It had blur, which is definitely a good thing, and it had tint to it, also a good thing, but not enough blur to wear by itself, and not enough tint to actual conceal anything. After I put it on, I still needed concealer and powder, and that defeats the whole purpose-I already have great foundation to go through all that with. I think I was looking for something a little more naked looking than foundation while still doing foundation's job. Crazy, I suppose, but that what this claims to do. No oil control, and overall a kind of slippery feeling to it. This might be great for someone who has fewer "imperfections", but that is not me.

on 4/17/2016 9:11:00 PM

im loving how this feels on my skin, its not heavy and gives decent coverage for a bb cream. it doesn't make my skin oily and it doesn't accentuate my dry patches either. i think that it should have a higher spf if its marketed as a "one and done" bc especially summer approaching, spf 20 is nowhere near enough, (i like to have spf 50 in my face products). there needs to be more shade selections for those who are super pale and more deep skin tones. im fortunate that the medium light shade matches me fine right now, but i might need to buy medium when i am tan

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I tried this bc I've gotten into sheer foundations lately and I used to love the Naked Skin liquid foundation (shade 12). I tested the deep shade on the back of my hand in the store and thought it looked pretty good - at least worth a try. Unfortunately the deep shade is not only too light, but has a very ashy grey cast. I kept it on hoping it would oxidize or blend better with wear, and it got marginally better, but the product just doesn't seem to sink in. Just sitting on the surface clinging to every dry spot. The pigmentation/coverage was good enough and it did blur my imperfections, but there was no added glow or prettiness. I liked the tube/pump combo and the silver ombre packaging is pretty. Ah well. Its going back to the store.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.