Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

Urban Decay Naked Skin One and Done

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/28/2016 10:38:00 PM

Packaging - has a pump which is fantastic.

Price - 34.00 on sephora.com

Thoughts: I used this for like a week or so and while I loved it in the beginning, not anymore. Coverage is EXTREMELY sheer and buildable but looks cakey on me if I add more than 2 layers. 34 bucks for sheer coverage is pretty steep as there are plenty of other good foundations that provide more coverage and are around the same price.

Also made me break out badly - I didn't have any issues with the previous foundation I was using but this one made me break out BAD.

Also shades are limited! Only 6 colors so I highly recommend going into sephora or something to test it out first before buying.

-------------------------------------
EDIT: I ended up going back to this one after I realized that the flakes were seborrheic dermatitis and I was using the wrong cleanser for them. PM me if you want more details.

Anyways, yes - the coverage is sheer but I think it's a gorgeous tinted moisturizer. It is expensive and if you're looking for a "dupe" I'd go with the bare minerals complexion rescue which is also gorgeous. This seems to be the only thing that I use that looks both good in real life and in the car - which is a damn pretty awesome thing. It does make my pores look smaller but beware people who get easily clogged pores from silicone primers - this follows somewhat a similar rule so can be clogging for the wrong person.

The package has a pump which is lovely but it will take a while to "get it running" because you have to pump the excess air out before the product will be pumped out.

tldr I change my mind I really like it. I'm shade nc25 and light-medium is a nice match. It is very forgiving though because it is so sheer.

I like the idea, I like the "coverage". But I like the no-makeup look. I have dry patches on my skin, so I load up on moisturizer before I put it on. Unfortunately, I think it causes the SPF to separate out of the product, as my fingers are coated in white after I put it on. That white stuff adheres really well, I have to scrape it off.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I tried this bc I've gotten into sheer foundations lately and I used to love the Naked Skin liquid foundation (shade 12). I tested the deep shade on the back of my hand in the store and thought it looked pretty good - at least worth a try. Unfortunately the deep shade is not only too light, but has a very ashy grey cast. I kept it on hoping it would oxidize or blend better with wear, and it got marginally better, but the product just doesn't seem to sink in. Just sitting on the surface clinging to every dry spot. The pigmentation/coverage was good enough and it did blur my imperfections, but there was no added glow or prettiness. I liked the tube/pump combo and the silver ombre packaging is pretty. Ah well. Its going back to the store.

on 4/19/2016 12:16:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately it didn't work out between us. It had blur, which is definitely a good thing, and it had tint to it, also a good thing, but not enough blur to wear by itself, and not enough tint to actual conceal anything. After I put it on, I still needed concealer and powder, and that defeats the whole purpose-I already have great foundation to go through all that with. I think I was looking for something a little more naked looking than foundation while still doing foundation's job. Crazy, I suppose, but that what this claims to do. No oil control, and overall a kind of slippery feeling to it. This might be great for someone who has fewer "imperfections", but that is not me.

on 4/17/2016 9:11:00 PM

im loving how this feels on my skin, its not heavy and gives decent coverage for a bb cream. it doesn't make my skin oily and it doesn't accentuate my dry patches either. i think that it should have a higher spf if its marketed as a "one and done" bc especially summer approaching, spf 20 is nowhere near enough, (i like to have spf 50 in my face products). there needs to be more shade selections for those who are super pale and more deep skin tones. im fortunate that the medium light shade matches me fine right now, but i might need to buy medium when i am tan

on 4/19/2016 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have clear skin with uneven skin tone, with dry cheeks and under eye but oily forehead. This product works well for me, it evens out my skin tone and gives me a glowing complexion. However it doesn't cover much, it's very sheer, so I still use concealer under my eyes. It sets demi mat and I don't need to use powder. It was sold to me to use as a primer. I think it's good if you're not a foundation fan, like sheer coverage or for an everyday natural look.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is a decent tinted moisturizer. However, I don't see this as anything beyond a tinted moisturizer. The claim One and Done? I don't agree with that claim. Here is why. First of all, it does have SPF20 which is a good thing. But, most base products now on the market already have an SPF in it. This is not a brand new concept. Secondly, if you are someone with very oily skin like me, you will still need to apply a primer before this product as well as setting this with powder. Lastly, if you are someone with moderate to severe dark circles, active acne and/or acne scars like me, you will also need a to still apply your corrector and concealer. At this point, this isn't a "one and done" look. If you are someone with normal to dry skin and pretty much already have nice skin, this will be a great product and the claim of this being "one and done" will be accurate.
The coverage is sheer. It will even out the skin and it will slightly cover red areas but I had to layer three times to completely cover the red in my cheeks. Even with three layers, I still needed concealer on top of it to cover my imperfections. To give an idea of the coverage if this, it is less coverage than the following tinted moisturizers: Dior, Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Nars, Buxom and Stila.
As for the shades, they all seem to run warm. Six shades are offered in this product. Light, Medium-Light, Medium, Medium-Dark, Dark and Deep. If you already use Naked Skin, you will be able to easily find your shade. On the display, each shade has the complimentary Naked Skin shade numbers listed under the shade name. I swatched both Medium and Medium-Dark and Medium was a much better match. Medium's Naked Skin color range is 4.5-6.0. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin. Medium-Dark was too orange and dark and the Naked skin range is 6.5-8.0.
I typically stay away from tinted moisturizers because they tend to be too hydrating for my skin type. What I love about One and Done is that it will stay a satin/matte finish. It does have the exact finish as their Naked Skin foundation which I love. This is ideal for anyone that wants a light and fresh summer base product. Once my skin clears up, I will look forward in using this more often.

Ingredients:
Active: Octinoxate 7.5%, Zinc Oxide 3.4%.

Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Isopropyl Myristate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Xanthan Gum, Silica, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aspergillus Ferment, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Isoceteth-10, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene Carbonate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, BHT, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 4/12/2016 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only worn this for about a week, so I'm still formulating my thoughts on this. Here's what I think so far:

- packaging is attractive and the pump is nice. It did take awhile to get the pump working (I kept pressing and pressing) but it's working fine now!

- formula is between creamy and liquidy. It applies nicely with fingers or a dense synthetic brush. Application can seem kind of patchy at first, but that goes away pretty quickly.

- coverage is light and somewhat buildable. If you're looking for coverage you should look elsewhere (or perhaps just treat this as a tinted primer), but if you're good with a light coverage that may still require a concealer, you might like this.

- finish is matte. On my combo skin this stays matte all day. I think if you're at either extreme for skin type (very dry or very oily) you may not care for this. It can feel a little bit tight on my dry areas, but it only clings to dry spots minimally. The best part of this is how well it reduces the appearance of pores--this gives me baby skin! Even though I said the finish is matte, it's almost luminous in that it gives that "soft focus" effect.

- longevity is good. I haven't had issues with this breaking up after a long day (8-10 hrs). I appreciate that this stuff lasts well!

- the shade range is kind of terrible. I got the lightest shade, but it's not a great match. Even though it is sheer coverage, it would be nice to be able to chose between different undertones..

- misc.: it's kind of challenging to remove completely. I haven't noticed that it's reduced the appearance of my pores in general. I like that it has spf but I will still wear sunscreen underneath when I'm outside.

i love the way that my skin looks with this bb cream, its light, but gives you the glow you need for the daily basis!

I actually got to test out this product during one of Sephora's free beauty classes, and instantly fell in love with it and immediately purchased. I have never liked the feeling of wearing a full face of makeup, but also want coverage to even out my skin tone and blur my huge pores. This product does exactly that. It's definitely more of a bb cream than a foundation, but does provide light coverage and does a good job of erasing pores without feeling or looking heavy. I am also fair skinned, with cooler undertones and often struggle to find a foundation that matches well but this one definitely does. It has a kind of matte finish - I use a Stila cream blush over this to get the perfect "my skin but better" makeup look.

The packaging is a little odd - it looks like a squeeze tube but has a pump on the end. It's a bit weird, but I think actually keeps me from squeezing out too much product like I tend to do with traditional squeeze tube packaging.

I don't love the price, but like the product enough that I don't mind paying for it!