CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle

Coco MademoiselleCoco MademoiselleCoco Mademoiselle

4.2

on 11/27/2015 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

First off Chanel fragrances are hands down my favorite high end perfumes, they always have the best longevity and quality and this one is no exception. I had my eye on Coco Mademoiselle for atleast 4-6 months, it's very expensive (92 dollars for 1.7 oz) and I always would talk myself out of buying it but finally I caved and I'm so glad I did. It's become one of my all time favorite perfumes. It's completely different than what I usually go for but now that I'm maturing I think my taste is changing. I would describe this as an oriental citrus floral. It's very sophisticated, very feminine and very expensive smelling. This is probably something you would wear for a wedding or a special occasion or date night but I love it enough that I wear it as my every day fragrance. I've heard some describe this as "old-ladyish" which I personally have never felt this fragrance was too mature or old-ladyish in the slightest. It's kind of in the middle of the road between the original Coco and Chance Eau Tendre. It's not as dark and daring as the original Coco but more grown and classy than the Chance line which is very spring/summer fun fragrances such as Eau Tendre. It's very appropriate for women in their 20s-40s although age doesn't really matter. The citrus, patchouli and Tonka bean are what are most noticeable to my nose with this fragrance. For me the best part about this perfume is the lasting power and the silage. I wore this in Sephora the other day and a woman walked by me with her daughter and said "that girl smells really good". If you don't spray too much, it's not overwhelming, it has a presence but it's not loud and obnoxious. This is by far the longest lasting fragrance that I own, I will smell like this from the moment I spray it to the next morning when I shower again. I sprayed this on a coat of mine and for days I could still smell it on the sleeve, it also stays in my hair like no other. That alone to me makes the perfume worth the price tag. Also the bottle is stunning and looks so pretty on my dresser. I know this fragrance is very popular and A LOT of women wear it, so if you want something unique and out of the box this might not be for you but I don't care if I smell like every other woman at the mall, the scent is that good. All in all this gets a 10/10, this will definitely be a staple fragrance for me for years to come.

TLDR:
Notes: Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Mandarin Orange, Turkish Rose, Jasmine, Mimosa, Ylang -Ylang, Vetiver, Opoponax, Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Musk.
What I smell the most: Patchouli, Tonka Bean, and the Citrus notes.
Described as: Oriental Sweet Floral
Prices: 1.2oz ($77) 1.7oz ($92) 3.4 ($122)
Packaging: 5/5
Best suited for: Special Occasions
Night time or Day time: both
Longevity: 5/5
Silage: 5/5
Found at: Dillards, Ulta, Macys, Sephora online, Saks 5th Avenue

One of my basics!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I LOOOVE THIS FRAGRANCE! I bought mine at an airport last year and i absolutely fell in love with it. It has an AMAYZING smell, a BEAUTIFUL bottle, so CLASSY. I can wear it anytime and it makes me feel sooo confident! Would recommend to a friend :)

Great perfume, this perfume is a younger, lighter version of the original Chanel No.5. I see this for a younger person or someone who doesn't like the stronger more mature Chanel signature smell. Light, fresh scent.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

So I'm on my second bottle of this stuff and I love it. It seems to be a love/hate product (my mom cannot stand the smell, she gets annoyed if I wear it around her), but I am firmly on the "love" side. It's a rich, spicy, powdery scent. Coco Mademoiselle is still mature and sophisticated, but I find it more youthful than some of Chanel's other perfumes (No. 5 is my grandma's signature perfume and I just cannot disassociate the two, although I know some younger people love it). I find the smell doesn't linger as long as some of my other perfumes, but I tend to use it more if I'm going out at night, so that doesn't matter to me as much. It also has a more romantic feel to it, which I love!

Can't believe this is from Chanel. I do love mostly Chanel's but this one a big no. Maybe this is just not work on me. Sorry.

on 8/29/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have worn this perfume on and off for 10+ years now and I love it. It is a gorgeously warm & rich yet fresh & creamy-clean scent that never seems to fade. I consistently get compliments every time I spray it on - even after I am no longer able to smell it on myself! It's almost impossible to describe this lovely perfume in terms of notes because it is so well-blended that nothing in particulate stands out. I have not worn it for a long time, but will definitely buy more eventually. A winner.

on 8/29/2015 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

How can this shallow and awful perfume be a chanel?!one of the worst perfumes i have ever smelled..and i smell this everywhere!!!so cheaply "sophisticated"..nothing special about it and it is not worth its money. I received it as a gift and gave it to my mom because i cannot stand it.when she wears it my guts turn...for real.i am sure there is a drugstore perfume that one can buy instead of this,that smells better. Bad job Chanel... i am sure that if this didn't have the Chanel logo on the bottle no one would wear it.

on 8/11/2015 3:43:00 PM

This is so much better than the cult classic No 5 everyone raves about. Mademoiselle is lighter, fresher, and less 'heavy'. It's good for day wear and with one or two more spritzes, can transform into a night-time perfume.

There's negligible decrease in potency of scent after 8 hours.

on 7/19/2015 3:23:00 AM

This was a spontaneous purchase from duty free a couple of weeks ago and is now my go to scent. I have been looking for a new signature scent since two other girls at work started wearing my beloved La Vie est Belle and I think I have found it! It's got a patchouli base like La Vie, but it is a spicier, warmer and less powdery scent. This fragrance makes me feel sexy feminine.

Popular Fragrances