Glossier Boy Brow

Glossier Boy Brow
Boy BrowBoy Brow

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Butylene Glycol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Dimethicone, Tromethamine, Oleic Acid, Silica, Polybutene, Lecithin, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Laurate, Sorbitan Laurate, Atelocollagen, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA

on 4/11/2016 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Echoing the reviews that said this product alone will not help if you have sparse brows. Boy Brow emphasizes and thickens the individual strands of your eyebrow hairs, but won't do much if you want to actually fill in or add shape to your brows. I have thin sparse brows with barely any tails at all, and if I wear Boy Brow alone I don't see much difference. I find that it does look nice if I first fill in my brows with a pencil (I use Shu Uemura's Hard Formula) and then go over it with Boy Brow; Boy Brow gives me texture and makes my brows look more 3D if that makes sense. But the downside is that I think there is an irritating ingredient in it - I developed a small itchy patch over my right eyebrow after using it for a few days :( This has happened to me with a few of Glossier products. You'd think I would learn my lesson and stop buying, but their packaging is so damn cute . . .

on 4/5/2016 11:08:00 AM

This is probably a good product for people who naturally have thicker brows. Mine are genetically light and sparse, and this product takes a lot to build color on my brows. I also find it really messy and hard to use "in the lines;" I always need to use q-tips to clean up my brow shape. the wand picks up a lot of product that I have to wipe off on the tube.

That being said, I don't hate it and have found ways to make it work. Best results for me have been with filling my brows in with powder, then setting it with the boy brow. That combo tends to give me almost bushy looking brows which I actually really enjoy. I'm not sure if I'll eventually repurchase. $16 isn't a horrible price but the tube is quite small; it will depend on how long my tube lasts me.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'll start by saying I have pretty full brows to begin with, my problem is not so much lack of hair but that they're a bit messy. This is the perfect lazy day product I can just swipe it on and go; my long messy brow hairs stay in place all day and the tint actually fills in the few sparse areas that I have and helps give them a nice shape. I love how much fuller my brows look when I wear it.
This really isn't like a regular brow gel, it's waxy which I enjoy because the hair stays in place while maintaining flexibility.
I have dark brown almost black hair so I got this in black, it's great by itself or paired with a pencil for even more definition. I love how small the brush is, very precise.

My only con is the price, the tube is tiny and at $16, a bit pricey. I feel like I can get away with something from the drugstore.

on 3/28/2016 1:15:00 AM

For me, the Boy Brow is the best part of the Phase 2 launch. It is a life saver for us big and bushy brow girls. It has the best, small applicator that is easy to use. The formula holds all day, which is a first for a gel like this for me. I have very dark brown hair, and I ordered the brown, but next time I would order the black because the brown is ever so light for me. But not a big deal.

I would only recommend this to people with brows that they feel like they need help holding into place. People who have thin brows and are looking for more volume, look elsewhere. This product will only help if you have a good amount of brows to begin with. Sometimes before I use this, I fill in with a powder or pencil to give more volume to my brows, then set it with boy brow.

When using, you have to be careful, and like mascara wands, you have to wipe the excess off into the rim of the container to make sure your brush isn't overloaded.

on 3/25/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is incredible. I have pretty sparse eyebrows, and this makes them look full and well groomed. I've tried so many different eyebrow mascaras, but this one takes the cake. It takes all of 10 seconds to brush it on and be done.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love Boy Brow so much. It is the best brow product I have encountered on the market. I've really enjoyed Trish McEvoy Precision Brow Shaper pencil prior to this and finished with a clear brow gel, but this is a slam-dunk two-for-one. It really defines my brows and makes them look the perfect combination of polished but still unruly. You have a lot of control with the product to determine what look you want. It's very buildable, as are all of their products. It also feels natural on- I'm not aware that I have a pomade in my brows. I have bought two more tubes, so I can have one at home, in the car, and in my travel kit!

on 3/23/2016 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've never been a huge "brow person," and have barely paid attention to them despite my love of eye makeup. I tweeze conservatively as needed.

Since I've had some great experiences with other Glossier products, I decided to try the Boy Brow since I feel the price is very accessible for this kind of product. I do admit to typically purchasing high-end makeup products, and the Glossier makeup is, to me, mid-range.

I bought the Blonde shade to try, even though my hair color is a medium-to-dark brown. I read that the brown might be TOO brown for my type of color. The Blonde is actually a really great match for a subtle, groomed look. Boy Brow has converted me into a brow person because it's so easy to apply and looks so natural. I've gotten compliments! My brows end up looking like I've paid them way more attention than I really have.

As I've seen with other reviews, this product isn't really meant to create those very drawn-on Instagram brows, or to majorly fill in sparse patches. It also won't give you larger brows if yours are very thin. I would absolutely recommend for those who want to groom their brows and give them more color and shape without requiring tiny little pencil flicks to mimic hairs. I love Boy Brow and will continue to use.

Update: I ordered the Brown color as well, and while it's certainly more dramatic on me than the Blonde, it still matches. I'm experimenting with a combination of both colors to see what happens, but I plan on reserving Brown for "evening" looks and Blonde for my everyday makeup.

Cannot live without this product. I have tried Anastasia brow gel and black mascaras but this one tops them all. Cannot say that enough. This adds such a nice cherry on top. I usually fill in my brows, and I have to add the boy brow because as it makes my brows look natural since it can get drowned out by the eyebrow powder. You start getting used to applying this with a light hand. Because at first application, it can be kind of heavy, I first start at the tail of my brows and work my way up to the front. I think that has made a huge difference as most of the product gets deposited at first application, so by the time I reach the front of my brows there is very little product left and it grooms those front brow hairs perfectly.

I am Asian, NC35 and the boy brow in Black is perfect.

on 3/18/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I used Maybelline and L'Oreal brow mascaras. They flaked a lot. I also tried Anastasia Beverly Hills and it gave me horrible rash. Glossier works well for me. No irritation and flakes.

Two things I don't like about this product is that the tube is awfully tiny and it is too expensive. Glossier, please make the tube bigger!!! :(

I've never been a fan of my brows. They're fairly overgrown and sparse in areas, and for being practically black they are very fine hairs that can seem barely there. I've tried powders, pencils, gel and clear mascara. Even felt tip products, and all make me look like Groucho Marx. Too harsh, unnatural, or obviously drawn in. No thank you to fake looking.

Enter Glossier's Boy Brow. I have everything Glossier has to offer minus their masks and am a big fan, but I was reluctant to get on board with their brow product. After so much disappointment with other products I figured why bother.

But with a great coupon code in hand I figured why not. I got my order within 2 days. Giddy. Boy Brow in shade Black. The packaging was minimalist, cool girl vibe with their signature Glossier pink. Love the tiny smiley faces on the inner panel of the box.

But I'm not in it for the packaging, let's get down to browsness.

I've noticed a lot of people say that there's too much product/waste, but I firmly disagree. The amount of product was a joy to work with- all of my fine hairs darkening and thickening with each swipe. No longer disappearing! The consistency is thick but it applies smooth and matte- no chunks. It also imparts a light tint that helped fill in (not overwhelm) my sparse areas. You could still go at it with pencil or another product prior, but to me the light tint of Boy Brow was enough.

The consistency is waxy and pliable, it makes so much sense for a brow product! The tiny brush head really helps keep your application precise.

It survived sweaty weight training and chips and dip. Came off when I wanted it to. I think I'm in love.

If you're looking for firm shaping and hold along with definition and a matte finish in perfectly understated white tube Boy Brow is a great choice. (It helps if you have a lot of brow to start with.) Look for promo codes too, Glossier is great about having some sort of deal to make up for being online only.

PS If your brows aren't as full I still recommend Boy Brow, just try splitting one spoolie's worth of product between both your brows. No wasted product! :)

Popular Brows Products