Too Faced Natural Matte

Too Faced Natural Matte
Natural Matte

4.6

on 5/10/2015 10:26:00 PM

All matte neutral browns/beiges/creams in a very cute and compact packaging. The quality is average at best - the shadows either crease, or completely disappear after a few hours of wear (even with the primer). They don't blend well, and create a somewhat "muddy" look. At $36, these are quite pricey, and considering that 4 out of 9 colors are EXACTLY the same as in the Natural Eyes palette, it is quite disappointing.

Overall, there is nothing unique or special about this palette. And there are much better palettes out there, with more of a variety of colors, and better quality of shadows.

on 4/21/2015 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought this with the store credit from retuning a different matte palette that just didn't work out for me. SO GLAD I bought this! I walked into Sephora thinking maybe I'd get the Naked Basics2 from Urban Decay because I have and love the original Basics but this is just, UGH. HEAVEN (which is oddly enough the name of the highlighter shade in this palette. Did I plan that? Maybe)!
For a palette full of matte browns, this thing takes the gold. You get 9 shades, 3 of which are double the size of the other 6. You get a cool toned set of 3, a mauve toned set, and a warm set. The warm toned set is my favorite. The two shades Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie are just amazing. The shades are pigmented and velvety smooth. The packaging is cute too; the palette is fun little 3x4 tin case. Slightly bigger than the Basics palette but not by much. It's my new go-to product.
The only complaint I'd have is that the other 6 shades are a tad small. I'd totally be willing to pay more for the palette to have larger pans of those shades because I just love them so much and I know I'll go through them.
Highly recommend!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I saw an early review of this on Youtube (about a month before its release) so when Sephora sent out the 15% off for VIBs I visited a store and this was the only palette that I noticed and wanted to have. I've been recently been getting into more matte eyeshadows for a less dramatic eye look on a daily basis. I own both of the Urban Decay Basics palettes, but I'm liking this one better than the other two.

Being in Canada and a student I do think the price is rather high ($46 plus 13% tax), but if you are a make-up/eye shadow lover and you want a good matte palette this is great. The colours are very nice and the consistency is nice and more buttery than the Urban Decay shadows, which I can find be a bit chalky sometimes. I don't own any other Too Faced palettes, but from what I've seen it is pretty similar to one of their previous palettes.

The packaging is gorgeous, a really nice box with a nice texture and the tin packaging for the palette itself is really pretty too. The lace design is really beautiful and opening or closing the palette is easy. My only issue with the packaging is the inside of it. You know that cheap plastic that holds the shadows in some of the BH Cosmetics palettes? It's essentially the same thing but the plastic isn't as flimsy. I was kind of disappointed upon noticing that because if someone is going to pay close to $50 for eyeshadows there should be higher quality packaging.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Loving this palette!! I've used it every day this week and it's my favorite all-matte palette yet! It has a great mix of cool and warm shades. Four shades are repeated from the original Natural Eye palette (Heaven, Cashmere Bunny, Sexpresso and Nudie), but they're great shades and it doesn't bother me to have in both palettes. Five shades are new to this palette (Lace Teddy, Strapless, Risque, Honey Butter and Chocolate Cookie). The only thing I would change about this palette is the fact that Nudie and Cashmere Bunny are similar in tone and depth and so are Sexpresso and Risque. They're not identical, though, so it's not a problem. I also wish the Honey Butter shade was bigger as it's a fantastic transitional shade, and my favorite in the palette! The shades are as follows:

Heaven- matte cream, typical highlight shade.
Cashmere Bunny- light/medium cool taupe.
Sexpresso- dark neutral brown, good crease or liner.
Lace Teddy- light, warm pink, good allover base or lid shade.
Strapless- warm, reddish/rosy medium brown.
Risque- dark, cool plummy brown.
Nudie- light/medium taupe, warmer than Cashmere Bunny.
Honey Butter- warm caramel shade, light/medium in depth.
Chocolate Cookie- deep, rich, warm brown with a touch of red. Less rosy/red than strapless.

If you're looking for a matte palette that's small enough to travel with, but still has a good range of shades, this is a very good buy!

on 3/28/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was really excited about this product especially after seeing reviews on YouTube I knew I had to get my hands on it. So when I saw it at ulta early I didn't even think twice about it once I brought it home I realized that is was really similar but not exact to my Sonia kashuk natural matte pallete so I kind of felt stupid after getting it but I have it a try anyways and the overall quality of the shadows are sooo nice and he colors are blendable and vibrant I decided to keep and I have used it everyday since I think it is definitely worth it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is an all matte palette, great colors ranging from dark browns to taupes with a little of most neutrals in between. The quality is typical Too Faced, good pigment and long lasting. The mattes aren't chalky like some can be, and there is very little fallout-even when blending and shading out. You can create several different looks with this palette, it is great if you aren't into shimmery colors and want something softer.