Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

Maybelline FIT Me Foundation (Matte + Poreless)

3.5

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is pretty good in terms of finish and the way that it feels on the skin, but it does not last at all. My skin is combo, and no matter what primer or setting spray or powder I use, I can't get more than 6-ish hours of wear out of that. It applies nicely, and it is somewhat buildable without looking cakey (in spite of the matte finish.) In and of itself less-than-stellar wear time does not make for a bad product in my book, but there are foundations at similar price points that last and look good on the skin, which is why it loses a lippie from me. The palest shade is lovely for me, and Fit Me Matte & Poreless is one of the palest options at the drug store; I usually have to lighten just about any d/s foundation and this is one of the few exceptions. Due to the wear time as well as the fact that Maybelline is not cruelty free, I won't repurchase this foundation, but if you are on a budget and don't need your foundation to be long-wearing, then I do still recommend this.

on 6/18/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Ok os pros & cons wiht this foundation.

Pros:
Price point
Great shade selection

Cons:
Is not matte
Doesn't stay on (extremely oily by end of the day)
Oxidizes a bit
Doesn't offer good coverage

My overall view of this foundation is that it didn't live up to the hype.
It's a great low cost option but I believe you get what you pay for. I bought two different shades to get my exact match. Although there were quite a bit of shades to choose from which was nice. It did not last more than a few ours before turning into an oily mess on my face. I would say I have normal skin with an oily t-zone. I felt like the coverage was just okay. Anywhere from light-medium coverage. Somewhat buildable. For all the hype for being a great durgstore foundation I expected more. This was not matte and it was extremely runny to me. Not good for summer. Might work better if you want a dewy look in the winter and have normal to dry skin.

on 6/16/2017 11:11:00 AM

I am now on my second bottle of this stuff.... I first bought it on a whim when i ran out of my ELDW and just needed something for the next few days until i repurchased that.

This is a light coverage, but can easily be built up and still look "natural" (i say natural because really, how natural can foundation look?) and never makes me look like a cakey mess which i can appreciate. I have an extremely oily t-zone and while i bought the foundation catered towards oily skin, i dint notice a difference with my oiliness even though it says "matte" - however, one plus about this is that most foundations labelled as "matte" are also super drying! this isnt at all. As far as poreless, i didnt notice a difference either.

Normally i would like a higher coverage foundation, but this gets the job done, stays on relatively well for a drug store foundation. For the price, the result, and how long a bottle will last you, you should give this foundation a go.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This foundation works very well with my skin type. My Maybelline shade is Sun Beige and I'm NC40 in MAC. I do like this foundation for a few reasons. The first being that this is pretty full coverage in my opinion. I like the finish with a beauty blender over a brush. I would say this is a true matte foundation. I'm someone with very oily skin and I can get away with using this foundation without a primer. I'm not really a flat matte finish foundation person so I always top this foundation off with a luminous type setting powder. Another great feature with this foundation is that it doesn't cause clogged pores or break me out! This foundation also doesn't transfer or collect in fine lines so it's great for people with mature skin (fine lines around the mouth and eyes) but still oily as well. I'm happy and will repurchase this one!

on 6/16/2017 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great product! Didn't break me out!
Smoothed out my skin, smells nice and worked well to cover dark circle! Recommend yes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Terrible. Smells weird. Feels terrible and wet like on my face. I was practically dripping in oil by the next hour I had it on my face. It showed all my acne blemishes and was difficult to remove later on.

Minus the pump in my bottle its perfect

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

How happy I was when I bought this foundation because I read many raving reviews. I thought it would make a good everyday foundation. I tried it yesterday and I can't use it anymore. The consistency and pigmentation is a joke. It's too runny and sheer. Maybelline, if you say this is for normal to oily skin, then please consider that we oily/combo girls fight with acne or pimples some days. I need a few layers to cover the redness. Fresh pimples show through so don't expect a miracle. I can't use my beauty blender because it will apply very patchy and my bb sucks so much from the foundation. My fav brush (which usually doesn't streak while application) leaves streak marks on my face. My pores are still there but the finish is matte. I can't say anything about the time the foundation stays on your face but I guess not long (even with setting with a powder). The packaging though...It's good. In Germany you can get a different one which looks a bit cheap tbh, but hey, at least your foundation won't get dirty. I will try it on some days again and come back if I changed my mind. But so far: Not worth the hype.

on 6/12/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really like how this foundation looks when you initially apply it. It creates a smooth canvas for the skin, blurs pores/uneven skin texture and has a natural healthy look to the skin, I dont think its "matte" in the traditional sense, as the name suggests. The main issue I had with this product is it doesn't last very long and you definitely need to layer it up in order to get a decent amount of coverage. It claims to be suitable for normal to oily skin but honestly as someone with oily skin, I found it just did not last on my skin beyond 4-5 hours so it's a bit deceiving IMO. I think if you have more normal or combo skin, this would work better for you but personally it's not full proof enough for my oily skin. The glass bottle is quite nice except I don't like the fact that it doesn't come with a pump as it can be difficult to get the right amount of product out when required.

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER MADE.. I LOVE IT...