Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

Tarte TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows
TARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte EyeshadowsTARTElette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadows

3.9

on 9/10/2015 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I bought this because it's all matte and I thought it would be a good way to have more crease/blending/transition shades in my collection. I don't own a ton of eyeshadows, mostly a couple of really good palettes, and most of the colors I own are not matte. I like this palette overall, but I find matte shadows in general are more difficult to blend. I think Tarte did a decent job of choosing shades that would work for many skin tones and eye colors. The shades are not super unique but they are practical basic colors (chocolate brown, matte black, dark plum, etc) that are versatile and come in handy. The three lightest shades (Free Spirit, Supermom, Caregiver) do not show up very well on me at all without a white base (I'm an NW30) but I wasn't expecting them to ;) The rest of the colors in the palette are very wearable for me. Force of Nature is an absolutely beautiful peachy transition/crease shade and the one color I've put a major dent in. The formula is good but I definitely like the texture of Urban Decay matte shadows MUCH better than Tarte's, which are chalky in comparison. I like this palette and have been getting decent use out of it but would not repurchase because I'd rather pay a little more for a better texture/formula.

on 9/8/2015 6:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this eyeshadow palette!
I purchased mine from Sephora right after it came out. I am starting to go more for matte shades and avoid glitter/shimmer for an every day eye look. This palette helps me do just that!
The packaging is beautiful and sleek, and the mirror is 100% functional, which is a big plus.
There is one shade in this palette that matches my skin tone exactly, which I love, and many other shades that can be put together to make a dramatic or natural eye look.
The shadows themselves are soft and only slightly powdery. They are pretty easy to blend, as well.
I would recommend!

on 9/4/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has got to be the most ridiculously versatile palette. I travel a lot for work and the idea of getting everything I need in one palette sounds astounding but here it is! It's literally everything I need for my face in one handy little compact. I use Super Mom as my contouring highlight and Wanderer as the bronzer. The colours are so pigmented and buildable and blendable that it is practically idiot proof. Natural Beauty is my go to blush with that adorable pop of understated colour. Best Friend and Force of Nature work too for sultry nights or breezy weekends respectively. I've used Caregiver and and Free Spirit as an all over colour, blended with Wanderer if I'm too lazy for foundation of any kind. The rest work as the shadows, with Fashonista and Multi-Tasker being my eyeliners of choice. The little square things are a little annoying to dip anything bigger than a contour brush in but for the price and what I get for it in terms of convenience and a professional work look, I really cannot complain. The best multitasking palette ever. If you have the Park Ave Princess palette too, you just can't go wrong with these two palettes as a pair for travelling. All I need is mascara and lipgloss. Love this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am fair and cool toned. (NW10-15)

I was VERY disappointed with the Tartelette palette. After hitting pan on my Lorac pro and UD naked 2 palette, I was looking for something new. On a trip to Ulta, I spotted the tarte palette. It looked gorgeous in the store, and all neutral matte colors, exactly what I was looking for!

Until the first time I tried to use it. The lightest colors just don't show up very well. Force of nature and wanderer are borderline orange on my skin. Once I started playing around with the different shades, I realized there just wasn't very much variety in the palette. The looks all ended up looking the same. The variance in shades just isn't there, making the looks appear almost monochromatic and muddy on the eye.

The major issue here is blending. The colors are very difficult to blend. I tried with a few different brushes, and to achieve a proper blend is nearly impossible. A lot of people are comparing this to the Lorac pro palette - the quality or texture on the tartelette is nowhere near as good. The tartelette colors are borderline dusty.

The lasting power is very poor - 100% would need a primer with this palette.

For your money, look elsewhere. This was a return for me. I am going to get the Lorac pro matte palette, or the naked basics 2 instead. (much better quality matte eyeshadows)

There are quite a few glowing reviews, but I think this brand seems to have a bit of a cult following, and people who love the brand will overlook certain things, because they love the brand so much.

on 9/8/2015 3:01:00 PM

My favorite eyeshadow palette. I have Naked 1, the balm Jovi, lorac pro 1, Sonia Kashuk matte palette. This one I adore for the color combinations and the fact that it's all matte. If it didn't have the line of Pinks and purples, I don't know if I would like it as much.

I like that I can create a pretty work day look and a sophisticated dramatic look with just 1 palette.

I like that's it has neutral, warm and cool colors, it gives me options.

The packaging is beautiful and solid. The Eyeshadows are pigmented and blendable, soft but not chalky.

Totally recommend!

on 8/23/2015 7:01:00 AM

Finally got this from QVC. Stay put all day with my UD primer potion. Nice smooth application. Matte shades I find normally look flat but these are beautiful.

on 7/14/2015 10:41:00 AM

One if the best palettes I have ever used. Densely pigmented and easily blend able. As a 50+ woman, i find these matte shadows very flattering. Colors are very wearable and long lasting. Tarte is quickly becoming one of my favorite brands. .

on 6/25/2015 6:23:00 AM

Let's talk packaging to get it out of the way. I had to exchange my palette twice to get a one that wasn't faulty. I'm not sure if Tarte is mass producing and as a result lacking in quality or whatevs (it was sold out everywhere and coveted by many, I geddit) but a palette wouldn't shut properly and then another palette showed signs of rough plastic from manufacturing fault - you made me slice a finger, Tarte! I love makeup but I'm not sure it's worth losing blood. Final palette is fine. Gold plastic which sadly attracts fingerprint smudges. The lid is hard to open - must dig nails underneath to pry open.

But pry it open I will because the shadows inside are great! I like that they're all matte and appreciate the idea of warm (1st row), neutral (2nd row) and cool (3rd row) shades. I wanted this palette solely because I wanted more transition shades. This palette at $64AUD made more sense than buying a MAC eyeshadow at $33AUD each.

🔹 Pigmentation is dense and smooth. On par with Lorac in terms of pigmentation except Lorac is easier to blend.
🔹 Blending will require slightly more effort in comparison to glittery eyeshadows as matte shadows tend to be more tightly packed
🔹 Don't have any issue with patchy eyeshadow (use a clean brush to blend!)

🔸 The first column of shades are very similar once on the eyelid. Similar issue with Force of Nature and Wanderer.

I swatched all my matte eyeshadows to find dupes and found similarities or if not dupes across a bunch of palettes. (Wet N Wild palettes in Lust, Greed and Vanity - all the matte shades on the left hand side are comparable to MAC/Tartelette/Makeupgeek)
Tartelette VS Lorac Pro
Free Spirit/Supermom > Cream
Caregiver > Lt. Pink
Force of Nature > Taupe + touch of Cream
Natural Beauty > Mauve
Wanderer > Taupe + Cream
Dreamer > Sable + Taupe
Bestfriend > Mauve + touch of Espresso
Power Player > NO LORAC DUPE (Espresso + touch of Black is close though)
Multitasker > Sable + Espresso
Bombshell > NO LORAC DUPE
Fashionista > Black

I didn't really need the Tartelette after all. Still a very gorgeous palette.

on 7/9/2015 12:58:00 AM

The only matte eyeshadow palette you would need. The colors are so pigmented, pretty and the shadows are so buttery smooth (not crumbly at all). Blends really well, photographs really well, and very versatile light to dark shadows to apply for many different looks for day and night. Would flatter all skin tones.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Good quality. Worth every penny.