Maybelline The Nudes

3.4

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

The palette has a really nice variety of colours! They are really pigmented so you don't need a lot!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The colours look so beautiful in the pans it's such a shame the pigmentation is terrible and the shadows look so muddy on the eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

About me
natural blond (dyed dark blond now)
hooded blue eyes
40+
I love neutral e/s
I wear Essence concealer as a "primer"on my eyelids daily

What Maybelline says
Why You'll Love It
Our first 12 shade collection curated to create infinite looks with bold beiges, sultry sands, brazen bronzes, and over the top taupes.

What I say
I dont wear eyeshadow on a daily base, usually 4 out of 7 days per week. But when I wear eyeshadow I always wear neutrals. I tried green and purple but I just dont feel comfortable wearing these shades.
I bought this palette after reading some reviews from 40+ woman at MUA and two of the reviews made me pull the trigger for this palette ((thanks Redlipsdiva and BelleDeCrecy!).
What I love is that it has shimmery and matt shades and the shades are buildable and I dont experience any fall out (I do always tap my 239 before I apply my e/s). The other thing I love is the back side of the palette, Maybelline shows how you can pair these shades and I so love that as Im always confused which shades I should pair lol.

I wear concealer on my eyelids as a base and the staying power of The Nudes is good, no fall out during the day. I also find them buttery and easy to blend.
You can go dark with a good smoky eye or go very neutral and use the softer shades.

My fave combination so far:
* no. 9 on lid, no. 5 in crease and up (as I have hooded eyes), no 8 outer V and no. 3 as a highligter / dark brown eyeliner
* no. 8 on my lid, no 2 in my crease and up blending no. 5 into my crease too and no. 3 as a highlighter / medium brown eyeliner
* no. 4 on lid, no. 5 in my crease and up and no. 9 in the inner corner and no. 3 as a highlighter / no eyeliner

I've owned the Neutral palette by Too Faced and even though I loved it (sold it 3 years ago as I got allergic for talc (thank heaven Im no longer allergic to talc now)), I love this The Nudes palette more, I mean, hello a cardboard palette, Im 48 years old, cardboard palettes suppose to be for children to play with?

Only downside: no mirror in the palette

Pics I've uploaded are by Beautygloss and Beauty101

Update October 26, 2015
Even though I loved using this palette I bought the Clinique Wear Everywhere Neutrals All About Shadow 8-Pan Palette and replace this Nudes palette by Maybelline.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this with a little trepidation after hearing some pretty negative reviews about the product. Whilst these eye shadows may not be in the same league as the Urban Decay Naked palettes, I am really impressed by this little collection of neutral eyeshadows that should suit most people in terms of budget, quality and range of shades.

A lot of thought has been put into the shades included in the collections and how they are presented. There are suggested combinations on the back of the packaging for people like me who can be a bit baffled and overwhelmed when presented with such a big range of options. I have been playing about with this palette for just over a month now and while I have my favourites (there is a lovely bronze/gold shade in the bottom row that is quite good with my blue eyes) I have used all of the shades in the palette - including the scary (to me!) looking black shade.

I find they all last well during the day although I dos wear them with an eye primer - I use the Rimmel eye primer (the one in the white tube with the red lid). Most of the shades are well pigmented but one or two need an extra coaxing to show up. There is a very shimmery white colour right beside the black shade in the bottom row that needs a bit of work to get it to show up but this is also an advantage. I use this as a very subtle highlight in the inner corner of my eyes and to blend out the black shade.

I am very impressed by this product. It's affordable and very wearable with a very good range of shades which can be used to create very natural daytime looks and more dramatic evening looks as you prefer. I would buy this again a definitely recommend it to my friends. I also notice I can wear this eyeshadow quite comfortable with no irritation on my eyelids. I have quite crepy eyelids that are easily irritated by glittery or shimmery shadows.

What a great palette! Suitable for beginners and for more experienced make up lovers. Pigmentation is very good for a drugstore palette. It's not as great as for example UD naked shadows but very good still. This can be used to create a very natural looks and also more dramatic looks.
This palette is sold out in many stores in my hometown and for a reason.
Packaging is ok, it does not have a mirror but that's fine with me. You can't have it all with that price.

Its a VERY good palette for the drugstore! Although i have to say it's a bit of a hit and miss at the same time for me. So lets just get this straight, the mattes in this palette are just AMAZING. The 5th color from the top row is a good dupe for tease from the NAKED 2. I found the two mattes REALLY AMAZING. They are so pigmented you literally have to be careful putting them on!

I love the color selections for the price, but i do feel like some of the shades shimmery don't show up as much and are VERY hard to pick up with a brush (Cough Cough 1st shade in top row) and some of them do fade really badly when you try and blend.

So overall review: I do love about 5 of the 12 shades BUT i think the 2 brown mattes in it are THE best of the drugstore that i have found so far and they do compare to high end.

But i wound not really recommend it if you want it for all the shades, but if its ok for you to only use a few eyeshadows in a palette without being annoyed (weird i know) then i would get it!

I love this collection. I have the original nudes and the blushed. They are perfect for me because I don't wear makeup all the time and they give just a hint of color and shine.

I flipping love Maybelline, but I will go straight ahead and say this is not a stand out product.

The consistency of the shadows is a let down. Mattes - Chalky, takes forever to blend, and blends out to nothing (lighter shades), or patchy (darker shades). The three darkest shimmery shades are buttery smooth and great pigmentation and for this reason, I gave the palette 2 lipsticks. One for 3 pigmented shadows, the other for the compact packaging. For the reasons above, I find myself sitting there and spending 20 mins trying to complete a semi decent eye look. Do I have time to keep building up patchy areas at 8am in the morning? No. Do I have the patience for it? No way.
The colours are similar once they're on the eyes. You're better off buying a trio/quad from Wet N Wild. I have tried a bunch of their trios and also their Comfort Zone Palette - amazing pigment that lasts all day. These Maybelline eyeshadows fade throughout the day and end up fading into each other, looking a lot like 1 eyeshadow colour.

TOP ROW:
1 - Duo chrome shimmery beige with blue flecks - So damn sheer, I use this as an eyelid base colour as it adds complexity, due to the duo chrome, once other shades are applied on top.
2 - Satin light brown. Very sheer but workable as an 'eyelid but better' shade.
3 - Matte cream (roughly NC20) - I use this to set my under eye concealer... That's how sheer it is. I can see it working as a blending shade.
4 - PIGMENTED buttery golden brown - SO BEAUTIFUL! Imagine a more golden, slightly darker, version of Urban Decay's Smog.
5 - Matte grey concrete - again very sheer.. takes a while to build up in the crease - even then it doesn't blend out well. Similar to Urban Decay's Tease but tad less purple.
6 - Matte cocoa brown - sheer and patchy if blended (I use this shade and the previous shade mixed together for my eyebrows. No warm tones, works wonderfully!)

BOTTOM ROW
1 - PIGMENTED shimmery taupe brown with a hint of rose gold undertones.
2 - Warm matte brown - a little more pigmented compared to rest of matte shades. Patchy once blended though.
3 - PIGMENTED shimmery yellow gold - looks even better when applied wet.
4 - PIGMENTED shimmery dark chocolate - beautiful shade! So smooth.
5 - Pink-based champagne - this is a beautiful shade and I reach for it to liven up my inner corners. It isn't pigmented but isn't sheer. The texture is buttery. Intensity definitely needs water or Fix+
6 - Matte black - I think this is meant to be Maybelline's idea of a black shade. Nice try... it's a chalky patchy grey at most. I mix it with water or my clear brow gel to create a super pigmented black eyeliner. Works surprisingly well when used that way.

The 4th shades on the top and bottom row are easily the most pigmented shades. You would think Urban Decay made them. The rest of the palette, pigmentation wise? Eh - more to be desired, but they're workable. I have used this for 2 weeks and can say that once the top layer is worked through, the shades are smoother. Wouldn't repurchase though.

I snapped this up for $12AUD, normally it's $24 something at Priceline. $24!!!!!! You're better off buying Chi Chi eyeshadows. Otherwise, save up more for a Naked Palette or Make Up Geek eyeshadows - AMAZING.

TIP: If you've already made the mistake of purchasing this palette and can't return it (DAMN AUSTRALIA!). Try using the eyeshadows under a primer/MAC Paint Pots/Maybelline Colour Tattoos - I get better looks this way. No way near as patchy. Otherwise using the eyeshadows wet is your best bet.

TL,DR: Very disappointed. Matte shades need improvement. 4/12 shades are pigmented on my NC20 skin. The rest don't blend out to be much on the eyelids.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of drug store brands and will be the first to say that you definitely can find drug store products that compete with high end. Unfortunately, this is not one of those products. I love Maybelline, but this palette is a total fail. The colors are beautiful but the texture, quality, and effectiveness are not even worth the plastic it came in.

Note: I used Urban Decay primer potion before applying the eye shadows.

The lighter disappear when put them on the lid. A few coats are needed for the shine to come through. I used the lighter colors on my lid and on the brow bone, but it didn't come through like it should have, so I applied at least three layers. The darker pigments DO NOT blend at all. I used one on top of a transition color (so that it wasn't directly sticking to the primer) and it just stayed in place. No matter how hard I tried to blend it out, it remained awkward and I looked like an amateur.

The good news: I still find use for it. I use the dark brown colors to fill in my eyebrows, for which they are perfect. The color isn't too intense and it stays in place (duh! because you can't blend them out).

Definitely a pass.

Considerando i pro e i contro, la reputo una buona palette. La posseggo ormai da quasi due mesi e posso dirmi soddisfatta dell'acquisto fatto. In Italia, purtroppo, non economica come all'estero (USA, UK), ma comunque affordabile.

La pigmentazione abbastanza buona, sia con il pennello asciutto che con il pennello bagnato. Alcuni colori sono pi sfumabili di altri (il marrone scuro, ad esempio, tende a fissarsi nel punto in cui per primo si posa il pennello ed abbastanza arduo da sfumare), ma in generale vale la pena investire in questa palette quei 10-15 euro. Al tatto le cialdine si presentano abbastanza burrose, fatta eccezione per la prima nella fila superiore (l'ombretto shimmer di colore bianco), in cui il mio polpastrello letteralmente affondato. Ottima per creare dei look per tutti i giorni, ma anche per osare qualcosa di pi drammatico la sera. Mediamente versatile.