J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.7

It seems like J. Lo puts out a new fragrance at least once a year. Some have come and gone and others remained. "Glow" was her first and is still around today which I guess is saying something. Just last year, she created a scent, exclusively for Kohl's, "My Glow". Don't get that one confused with "Glow", the new "Glowing," or the now defunct, "Miami Glow." You get the picture. I bought this years ago when it first came out. The fact that I still have half a bottle full of this stuff years later speaks volumes though. While clean white scents like "Trish McEvoy #3," "Amazing Grace," and "Pure Grace" are right up my olfactory alley, this one has an element that annoys me. Like a house guest that doesn't get the hint...go home already. It lingers and shouts just a little too loudly. So if you reaching for this one because "Jenny from the Block" said she created this one to capture that fresh from the shower clean, beware. This is a perfume, not an innocent bar of Ivory soap that will follow you around, for better or worse.

on 6/23/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this perfume for a while now and lately have just rediscovered it and have been wearing practically everyday since. When I put this on righ when I step out of the shower I could not feel cleaner and the scent is so fresh. I guess another reason why is because my husband likes it too. He never notices my perfumes but he notices this one. He bought me her newest one Glowing for Mothers Day but I still wear this one more. I think this one her Original Glow is her best fragrance.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a large EDT at Ross Dress for Less for $29 USD. On me it smells exactly like Nivea Creme, the hand cream in the classic blue tin. I also detect some lily of the valley, which is not listed as one of its notes. Sillage was not overpowering, but it did cause me to sneeze a lot.
This will teach me to always test a fragrance before purchasing.

on 6/17/2012 12:35:00 PM

What can I say, this is my most complimented on fragrance. it smells clean and soapy and like another reviewer I detect Lily of the Valley. It is a really pleasant everyday scent that does not offend anyone. I wouldn't say it was sexy, just clean and bright. Not bad staying power and good sillage. One lippie off for being unoriginal but hey, it seems to work on me anyhow.

on 6/21/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are very few perfumes that I hate and this happens to be one of them. I really dont understand the appeal, it always makes me gag! I will not purchase.

This is my go-to everyday scent. It has a certain mildness to it that reminds me of fabric softener and it wears extremely long too. I like to spray it on my scarves, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. as it lasts for more than 2-3 days. This is the only time I'll probably ever say this but nice job, J.Lo!

on 4/17/2012 10:34:00 AM

Several years ago, I had a coworker that always smelled amazing. Every time she would get close to me, I would beg her for the name of her perfume, as it was soft and powdery and still smelled grown up. She kept telling me that she couldn't tell me, that it was a secret - basically, she was teasing me because she was embarrassed to tell me that she wore J.Lo perfume. Once she told me, I immediately bought some of my own and enjoyed the same kinds of compliments that she was getting. I really love this scent and will definitely purchase this fragrance again in the future. I also like that it's available easily - I've seen it at CVS and Target.

on 4/25/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Save your money (Miss Lopez has been riding the cash train long enough now) and get the dupe in CVS or Walgreens. I tested it yesterday and the lasting power was great... I can still smell it on my jacket today. Probably dating myself here, but this reminds me exactly of a scent that Cher put out in the late 80's, called "Uninhibited".

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Im not sure how to describe GLOW, other then fresh and clean. I dont pick up on the individual notes, so I just get the overall impression of the notes; it creates a fresh, energetic burst and gives a clean, soapy feel to the wearer.

Its great for everyday wear, as it has great staying power. Keep a bottle in your bag for when you have to use public transport one spray really helps you to feel cleansed. Suitable all year round.

On the down side you must spray lightly. I've been too heavy handed a few times and have had migraines as a result.

Scent notes: orange flower, pink grapefruit, Neroli, rose, sandalwood, soft amber, jasmine, vanilla, musk & orris.

I just can't understand why this perfume is so popular . It IS a fresh , clean scent and it does last forever . The flacon is so pretty. However it isn't a pleasant kind of clean. My nose detects no fruit ,or flowers. It is not powdery clean either.

J Lo Glow is not a scent I would ever wear. Thank God I smelled it on others before that pretty little bottle convinced me to buy it.

Popular Fragrances