Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette

4.5

LOVE THIS! Beautiful colors with impeccable quality. However, don't expect to get wonderful results without primer and a light eyeshadow base- but that's true for pretty much all eyeshadows. My HG and I can honestly say it's the best makeup product I've ever purchased!

This is a nice eyeshadow palette, however I did have some issues with the packaging and certain shades.

I think my palette is the old one, because it doesn't have the names of the shades on the actual palette, so I'm not sure if Too Faced fixed this or not. I did notice in someone's GRWM youtube video that the palette may not have closed properly though. This palette doesn't click shut, so I'd advise you to keep the box you bought it in. If I were to travel with this palette, I'd definitely put an elastic bag around it and put it in its box.

Also, there seems to be a universal agreement that strawberry bon bon is complete rubbish. And it's completely right, that shade is chalky, awful and barely shows up on the eyelids, even with primer. You can't use it as a blush either. I think the matte highlight shade, white chocolate, is actually the same shade as my skin so it doesn't really show up on my brow bone or inner corners. It's better on the lid though, so I think it's just my skin tone. Candied violet is very sheer and has a lot of glitter fallout, so be wary of that.

All the other shades are very pigmented and wear and last well on my slightly oily eyelids. Sometimes I have some difficulty blending, but I think that's at least partially attributed to the brushes I use. Overall, this is a good palette that smells amazing, its only flaws being the flimsy packaging (and for $70-something AUD you want something with a secure closing mechanism) and several dud shades.

on 5/18/2016 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I personally love this palette. The color range is largely neutral, and there are enough purples & champagne shades to really work nicely with my brown eyes. It doesn't have a lot of bright or dark shades, but I personally go for more conservative looks, and so this is perfect for me. The packaging is nice - a metal case with a mirror. The shadows themselves are soft, pigmented, and buttery. They blend nicely and wear throughout a full workday for me (although I always use an eyeshadow primer). The palette does have a faint chocolate scent, but I do not find it overwhelming, and I don't notice it once the eyeshadows are applied. I can only detect it if I actually pick up the palette & sniff it. I own a lot of eyeshadows, and I find myself reaching for this one fairly often. I would definitely repurchase it.

on 5/18/2016 9:51:00 AM

These go on nicely for the most part, except for the purple/maroon shades. I love the peachy-gold (marizipan), matte orange-y brown (salted caramel), and straight gold (creme brulee), they are beautiful and go on smoothly. Champagne truffle is a nice if easily dupeable highlight. But other than that, these colors look extremely similar on my eyes. So many shades of brown that all look the same on my lid. Hazelnut and Amaretto were particularly disappointing, both looked like browns that were more than average shimmery browns. But nope, looked exactly identical on my eyes. Again, the purples are different, but all of those are chunky and lack pigment. It is difficult to achieve different eye looks, so for me, it is not a particularly great palette.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Great palette! I had to get this due to the hype built around it. I finally got it a few months ago (I am so so late, I know). I was slightly disappointed in it at first because I felt like I couldn't get too many looks out of it. It took some getting used to but I realized that it was a personal problem. I'm just not one of those people who likes making looks out of a single palette - I feel trapped and confined. However, I've given myself some time to play around with it and I like it a lot! This is my go-to palette for a basic neutral look - mattes and shimmers. I don't feel like I can "play" with the palette just because I think it's one of those reliable palettes for a good look.

The formulation of the shadows is fantastic. I'm sure you've heard this a million times before but they really do blend together well. The shadows aren't chalky (with the exception of Strawberry Bon Bon - I find this shadow kind of useless). There are warm shadows along with cool-toned ones.

It's a great staple to add to your collection!

on 5/23/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received this palette as a Birthday Gift from my boy friend. Great quality and good pigmentation from this eyeshadow palette. The only eyeshadow brand I wear is from Too Faced!!

on 5/18/2016 5:32:00 AM

Love everything about this palette, i find that I can use every colour in this palette. I actually prefer this palette over the UD naked palette.
The eye shadows are very blend able, I've used eyeshadow a with and without primer and found the eyeshadow still stays a good 8 hours with out primer.
I love the chocolate smell of the eye shadows and the packaging the most, it's really cute and looks so pretty in my make up drawer.
I find that I reach for this palette a lot more than my UD gwen palette and the UD NAKED. It's definitely worth adding to your collection.

on 5/16/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love this palette. Marzipan and salted caramel are life! I always reach for this palette because the shadows are so soft and buttery. But also because you can make so many looks. I'm not big on dark smokey eyes and was worried I wouldn't be able to get the most out of this palette but, I can make endless amount of looks without them being super dark. I use almost every colour, except for the violet and the pink. Those colours are kind of waste in my opinion. But if there are only 2 colours in a pallet you don't like then you know it's a winner. It's rare to find a big palette where you absolutely love all the colours. But this one is pretty darn great!!

I've been using Naked palettes for years and never thought I'd bother buying another brand of palatte as I was quite happy with my Naked palattes!
My friend bought me this as a birthday gift and I love it
The colours are so pigmented..more so than Naked
I love Marzipan and Salted caramel the most
Salted caramel goes really well with dark black liquid eye liner
Love the packaging and the smell also
10/10 for me

I have used this but only one I do not personally own I love the bonbon is a must have for me so had to have that and semi sweet also but Def want this one next I used it and smell is like semi sweet both gorgeous they all are amazing little high priced but u do get lots of colors that are all good not boring .if u have wanted it Def order it